Singles Jay-Z, D'angelo, Jeymes Samuel - I Want You Forever

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I like the song, and the heavy Parliament vibes. Jay's contribution isn't bad, I just don't think he fits in that particular glove the way someone like Common or Kendrick would have.
It makes more sense and sounds better in the flow of the bands album

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I think sometimes hov does this on purpose, just to get the people talking and what better way than to just come in lukewarm on purpose. So that way when he does have a decent verse it's over hyped. Ya boy playing Chess not checkers :jbhmm:
Cope.

At the small rate that Jay has been dropping music since 4:44, he should be slaying features at 3 Stacks or Black Thought level consistency. Hell, even Wayne level consistency.

In hindsight, that God Did verse was a bit of a fluke from Jay that made people think he was still in his rapping prime because I don't remember his other features like Love All, Neck & Wrist, and Jail getting all that much love. And those songs he did with Pharrell and Nipsey came and went.

I still would like to see a "victory lap" album from Jay before he retires for good but he's gonna need to bring back that 96-03 level of flow and emceeing back and limit the spoken word shyt.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
eh, just listened. I actually like it.

somebody in here said Parliament vibes. I agree

Not everyday we get songs with real instrumentation. Jay spoken word thing fits the song. it doesnt bother me at all.

I like it

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
A few rappers who would’ve laced this track proper right now 3K, Common, Lauryn Hill, Black Thought, Kendrick, Saba, Cole, and Nas. Where’s the effort?

Nice track but Jay was very unnecessary
I know you lying

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Jay might need to collab with is own protege, HD, to tap into the old Jay-Z.

Heard some of his stuff a while back. It's uncanny how much dude sounds like Hov.It's a shame cause his pen work is serious but his vocal tone is a detriment to his opportunities as an artist.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay might need to collab with is own protege, HD, to tap into the old Jay-Z.

Highlight of the thread...

Although very dope, almost feels like a parody,even the visuals the timbs the Yankees t the project bench...

Prolly can't help it but yeah should sue Hov for a paternity check, you never know... sperm travels in mysterious ways...