Jay Williams: "LeBron is the GOAT because of his social activism"

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOAT of what? Basketball? Social Activism doesn’t make you the GOAT of a sport, I appreciate LeBron’s off the court efforts but Jay’s argument don’t have shyt to do with Basketball.

I don't know. He said MJ might be the best player ever from a skill standpoint but LeBron is the GOAT:mjtf:

Max and SAS were just as confused.

I’m sorry, I really like Bron off court, but this lowered bar for social activism has to stop. Breh is not in the same league with real/legendary activists. He does some great stuff and we can acknowledge that without falsely elevating him due to the watered down era (I’m talking as a society, not just sports) we live in.

He's done nothing but wear a t shirt and take safe stances. Activism involves sacrifice and he hasn't made any of significance. The two times he could have he folded. He didn't speak on Tamir Rice because that's in his backyard and he didn't want Ohio PD and politicians turning on him. He didn't criticise China which SAS and Max mentioned.

Jay's knock on MJ was that he was selfish for not taking political stances.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I thought he was pose' to hangin' from KD's teat recently? I know his boy ain't gon like that, especially in light of revelations about how he still felt salty people still considered Bron the best even after he beat em' for the chip. But um, nah, social activism does not make a GOAT.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Ali's charisma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>his activism, as far as enhancing his innate talent. My young ass placed him on a pedestal, even while Tyson was knocking nikkas out, because the videos I saw portrayed a larger than life character. It wasn't until I grew a little older and did my homework, that I understood just what the man went through and what he was about. I'd seen most of his fights by then and knew he was the greatest. His activism rounded out his legacy:wow:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Jay is a idiot just like the rest of espn.., Lebron is great on and off the court, but quit the bullshyt with the ali shyt

number 1... it was D Rose who had on I can’t breathe t shirt and Lebron copied and Lebron got more notice

number 2. It was d wade who had on the hoodie for Trayvon and Lebron once again followed

number 3. Tamir Rice gets killed in Cleveland and he stays quiet and nothing to say