Jay Williams: "LeBron is the GOAT because of his social activism"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
On the court and off the court accomplishments should be separated. Bron has been amazing off the court for the most part with only a few hiccups here and there. But no matter how many schools he builds he's not catching Mike:mjlit:
Only cause KD fukked it up :snoop:

If he's sitting at 5 rings right now it would have got spooky :whew:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yeah Jay went too far. And Bron has NEVER even come close to risking his career as Jay alleged. It's a very different time. Social activism has almost become the "in thing" to be a part of. Particularly with the subject of police brutality. I remember Bron wearing an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt in warm-ups. I don't remember him taking a stance on the Tamir Rice killing which happened near his hometown. One thing I wish they would have gotten into is how MJ was in some ways the sacrificial lamb when it comes to social activism. It is unquestionably the #1 criticism of him in his career. So if you're coming up in following generations, just like you would look at MJ film to learn what he did right and emulate that, you should also take notice of what he may have done wrong and go a different route.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah Jay went too far. And Bron has NEVER even come close to risking his career as Jay alleged. It's a very different time. Social activism has almost become the "in thing" to be a part of. Particularly with the subject of police brutality. I remember Bron wearing an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt in warm-ups.

HE AND EVERYONE ELSE ONLY WORE
THAT T SHIRT AFTER ROSE
VIOLATED THE RULES AND WORE IT FIRST.

HE ONLY DID TRAVON MARTIN HOODIE PIC
BECAUSE WADE DID IT...

HE PRETENDED HE DIDNT KNOW
TAMIR RICE EXISTED...

HE SPOKE UP FOR CHINA
AGAINST THE PPL...

WHAT ELSE HAS HE DONE,
PUT HIS NAME ON A PUBLIC SCHOOL IN AKRON?
:devil:
:evil:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
HE AND EVERYONE ELSE ONLY WORE
THAT T SHIRT AFTER ROSE
VIOLATED THE RULES AND WORE IT FIRST.

HE ONLY DID TRAVON MARTIN HOODIE PIC
BECAUSE WADE DID IT...

HE PRETENDED HE DIDNT KNOW
TAMIR RICE EXISTED...

HE SPOKE UP FOR CHINA
AGAINST THE PPL...

WHAT ELSE HAS HE DONE?
PUT HIS NAME ON A PUBLIC SCHOOL IN AKRON?
:devil:
:evil:

I would agree his social activism has possibly been overstated. I haven't seen anything that would even come close to him risking his career. And I would not have that expectation of him or any other professional athlete.

Daps
Ali's whole claim is pretty much predicated on his activism.
Except for the fact it's predicated on his incredible speed for his size that wasn't seen before or since, his becoming the youngest HW champion ever until Mike, beating the unbeatable liston...twice, beating patterson twice, beating another unbeatable tank in foreman, beating frazier in classic fashion.....twice, his boxing clinic against cleveland williams, and becoming the first boxer to win the HW title 3 different times

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
Except for the fact it's predicated on his incredible speed for his size that wasn't seen before or since, his becoming the youngest HW champion ever until Mike, beating the unbeatable liston...twice, beating patterson twice, beating another unbeatable tank in foreman, beating frazier in classic fashion.....twice, and becoming the first boxer to win the HW title 3 different times
You think he's the GOAT??