Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Just because Tariq put money in it doesn't make Tariq complicit with what this guy is doing. He's giving him a chance like everybody else. Why is it always a scam when it involves a black man but you don't keep that same energy towards a cracker?

Also I think he helped facilitate Tariq on where to buy property in Atlanta so Tariq has some kind of proof in what this guy can do on some level.

Hopefully dude ain't scamming but you can only get away with it for so long if you are so with time you can tell.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
need someone to research if hes really taking the 10% Taxable income and dishing it out as profits (keeping 50%)

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
The "mush-mouth" individual Tariq was referring to is Tone Talks...dude is consistent and addresses everyone trying to take advantage of our people....how exactly is it hating?

tonetalks

LoL he is a mush-mouth and his whole channel is focused on hating and downplaying black people

I saw one video of him giving praise and he was praising Mark Zuckerberg, a white guy. But every other video is him hating on black people trying to make moves lol

@4:27 he said he's not a fincial advisor lol

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats even worse is he is only talking about putting in only 10k of his "own" money while taking 50% of any profit down the line. Considering he is taking little to no risk 50% profit is insane and unfair to investors. They also take a 5.5% management fee off the top so at 10 million, which they almost are at right now thats $550,000 per year he will pocket no questions asked from the investors money with no guarantee of profit for investors. His 10k pledge looks funny in the light when he knows he got 550k per year already in his pocket.

And if they reach the 50 million goal thats a cool 2.75 milly per year in guaranteed profit from the management fee alone. Considering he has taken 0 risks and no money invested himself this is a great hustle.

1+1=4 lookin'

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
My main question is what industry is coming to Tulsa that makes them believe there will be some migration there? Like if this were in Phoenix, Raleigh, Northern Virginia, Memphis, Charlotte I'd be intrigued. But Tulsa? It seems like they're trying to sell the ethos of Black Wall Street.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
My main question is what industry is coming to Tulsa that makes them believe there will be some migration there? Like if this were in Phoenix, Raleigh, Northern Virginia, Memphis, Charlotte I'd be intrigued. But Tulsa? It seems like they're trying to sell the ethos of Black Wall Street.
nah hes not just buying stuff in tulsa

the name is symbolic

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
nah hes not just buying stuff in tulsa

the name is symbolic
Oh true my bad. I'll probably look into it more. So do they even have any real estate opportunities they're interested in? Are there any deals that will be used as the foundation of this fund or are we just relying on their word that after we give them the money they'll find them?

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
The "mush-mouth" individual Tariq was referring to is Tone Talks...dude is consistent and addresses everyone trying to take advantage of our people....how exactly is it hating?

tonetalks

I fukks with Tone, but along with the data and numbers he consistently go over, he should start talking about actual solutions to help the black community. He always seems to have this hopeless approach to every topic he covers. Say what you want about Jay, but at least he's actually taking some action to uplift the community economically.

EDIT: I take back what I said before, this nikka Jay is a hall of fame scammer :wow:

Last edited:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
I fukks with Tone, but along with the data and numbers he consistently go over, he should start talking about actual solutions to help the black community. He always seems to have this hopeless approach to every topic he covers. Say what you want about Jay, but at least he's actually taking some action to uplift the community economically.
i just want someone to tell me if dude is really cool takin half the 10% taxable income and givin the other half to shareholders, thus leaving the reit unable to grow

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just watched the Tone vid.

I respect it. He stressed doing research. I had the same thoughts initially regarding the lack of data and the presentation. That's why I asked in the OG thread, what is their plan to "combat gentrification" (their words) and why the felt this is the best way to do it. If they can't answer that, they shouldn't have said that is their goal.

Secondly, investors should have questioned Jay to provide some type historical data showing how he has done in his own capacity as a real estate investor to justify his company's 50% take of the profits. I understand there are investors with billions in their funds which allows them to take smaller profits (~20%), but these people have track records.

I'm not concerned with him raising money. Good for him. You shouldn't be investing in anything you aren't willing to lose. His company is still governed by laws and must make quarterly/annual disclosures.

In spite of all the unanswered questions, I haven't seen anything yet to call him a "sc*m artist".