Jaromir Jagr was drafted in 1990 and is still playing in the NHL

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I don't fukk with hockey like that... But I remember this dude doing interviews all swagged out in the early 90s on ESPN.
Dude was probably the cockiest euro in North American sports and I'm sure it rubbed some people the wrong way:russ:

Anyone that watched Sportscenter in the 90s heard his name. No way around it..... Unless you changed the channel anytime they said the word Hockey.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Anyone that watched Sportscenter in the 90s heard his name. No way around it..... Unless you changed the channel anytime they said the word Hockey.

I've NEVER watched a hockey game from start to finish a day in my life but 90's Sportscenter made these guys hella known:

Jaromir Jagr
Mario Lemuiex
Eric Lindros
Dominic Hasek
Mark Messier
Martin broduer
Brett Hull
Patrick Roy

Last edited:

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've NEVER watched a hockey game from start to finish a day in my life but 90's Sportscenter made these guys hella known:

Jaromir Jagr
Mario Lemuiex
Eric Lindros
Dominic Hasek
Mark Messier
Martin broduer
Brett Hull
Patrick Roy
And Gretzky, of course. They had special live reports on ESPN when he moved to LA in 93:laugh:

Hockey's popularity in the US peaked during the 1994 Stanley cup with the Rangers... shyt was hot but they never took the next step (the lockout was the final blow).
Bettman was no Stern, Tagliabue or even Selig when it came to marketing either.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Maybe hockey is just easy and doesn't require much else beyond skill, similar to QB except without the super athletic guys playing against you.
Yeah. Youve never played hockey. Its extremely physically demanding and takes a ton of skill.

You ever even laced up a pair of skates before?

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. Youve never played hockey. Its extremely physically demanding and takes a ton of skill.

You ever even laced up a pair of skates before?

I have actually (i am from Canada originally). The average hockey player isn't nearly as strong as NFL players judging from NHL combine results. I stand by what I said. You should prove hockey players are as athletic as NFL or NBA players, and that Jagomir is playing against athletic competition.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I have actually (i am from Canada originally). The average hockey player isn't nearly as strong as NFL players judging from NHL combine results. I stand by what I said. You should prove hockey players are as athletic as NFL or NBA players, and that Jagomir is playing against athletic competition.

:heh:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
are you equating needing to be athletic and requiring skill as the same thing, I'm confused by this post.