Jaromir Jagr was drafted in 1990 and is still playing in the NHL

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's crazy that Ovie is almost there. I didn't think anyone was going to get close to Gretzky with Jagr playing forever and not even sniffing it. If Ovie has a normal season he passes Gretzky this year in goals. But, if he just barely cracks 30 he'll need another year. The fact that he's close is crazy.

Ovie is almost there for goals no one will ever touch his points

Crosby might get to 2000 points but that's about it

The thing as well Ovechkin is 39, I've seen hockey players go from like 30 goals to getting like ten and beikg done

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Ovie is almost there for goals no one will ever touch his points

Crosby might get to 2000 points but that's about it

The thing as well Ovechkin is 39, I've seen hockey players go from like 30 goals to getting like ten and beikg done

2000 points is still like a 10 year career of points away from getting near his points total.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How close was he to any of Gretzky's records?

Goals,assists and points not close at all....Gretzky in the 80s was on another planet in terms of counting stats.

Yeah. Gretzky is not even human His stats are absurd
Jerry Rice’s career catches, yards, and touchdowns record are the only other ones in the same category of untouchable as Gretzky’s records. Take away every goal he ever scored and he’s still the NHL all time leading scorer just off his assists alone. I just don’t see how anyone ever even gets close to it. Think about how long Jagr played here and he didn’t get anywhere near any of those marks.