Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Kota fukking over DDT with those weak excuses is completely unprecedented. What the hell is going on :patrice:

HereWeGo2

Rookie
Daps
Interesting. I'd been thinking to myself that Ibushi has looked gone lately. His eyes appear glassy-eyed and dead, and I just felt it in my gut that something was going on:

12145520_792541324204628_1256870791_n.jpg

CQJzuWkUsAEU1yi.jpg

CRmPPkWUkAAfFnf.jpg

There used to be a spark in his eyes.

Maybe he's just really burned out and sick, and he has good reason to be. However, I have/had a feeling something deeper is going on.

Don't know about trying to screw over DDT, though. Mainly because it does really look to me that something physically/mentally is going on.

Jmare007, what makes you think that Ibushi is pulling some bullshyt, other than that it's happening a lot recently?

You've got me intrigued. I could see maybe some contractual disagreement, but he's never seemed the type to make waves like that.

For what it's worth, he performed well at the NJPW Taiwan show. Obviously he could have just been fighting through things, though.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Interesting. I'd been thinking to myself that Ibushi has looked gone lately. His eyes appear glassy-eyed and dead, and I just felt it in my gut that something was going on:

There used to be a spark in his eyes.

Maybe he's just really burned out and sick, and he has good reason to be. However, I have/had a feeling something deeper is going on.

Don't know about trying to screw over DDT, though. Mainly because it does really look to me that something physically/mentally is going on.

Jmare007, what makes you think that Ibushi is pulling some bullshyt, other than that it's happening a lot recently?

You've got me intrigued. I could see maybe some contractual disagreement, but he's never seemed the type to make waves like that.

For what it's worth, he performed well at the NJPW Taiwan show. Obviously he could have just been fighting through things, though.

I agree with you that's this whole thing is really weird because Ibushi has never acted this way, specially with DDT, so whatever is going on is :lupe:

I'm saying "bullshyt" because it certainly seems like he's giving DDT weak reasons to not show up. If he was injured or couldn't perform, I think he'd give a better reason than fever. That leads me to believe that:

a) As you said, something serious is going on with Ibushi and he's not telling DDT (or anyone), or he's told them but they are keeping their mouths shut and making up reasons for his no shows :sadcam:
b) There's contract problems and he's pulling a Shawn Michaels :smh:

HereWeGo2

Rookie
Daps
I agree with you that's this whole thing is really weird because Ibushi has never acted this way, specially with DDT, so whatever is going on is :lupe:

I'm saying "bullshyt" because it certainly seems like he's giving DDT weak reasons to not show up. If he was injured or couldn't perform, I think he'd give a better reason than fever. That leads me to believe that:

a) As you said, something serious is going on with Ibushi and he's not telling DDT (or anyone), or he's told them but they are keeping their mouths shut and making up reasons for his no shows :sadcam:
b) There's contract problems and he's pulling a Shawn Michaels :smh:
Yeah, I think that it's more likely that DDT is covering something up.

The fever thing alone wouldn't make me suspicious, because that can be serious, but the wording of "poor physical condition" just seems weird to me. Especially because it was the exact same reason publicly given before.

I feel that if Ibushi were pulling some stunts on them, they would call it out. Japan doesn't seem to play with bad behavior at all.

I really think that they know that something is up with him, and they're trying to work with him and cover.

I mean, he could really just be burned out, which would make the "poor physical condition" thing true. If these shows were nothing, random, shows, maybe they'd rather he just rest, but they don't want to piss the fans off.

Other than the show for that title, are these just house shows?

I do think that it's more than that, though.

sid the kid

Rookie
Daps
it's almost contract time for new japan so ibushi probably just trying to find a way out of ddt so he can sign an exclusive new japan deal

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, I think that it's more likely that DDT is covering something up.

The fever thing alone wouldn't make me suspicious, because that can be serious, but the wording of "poor physical condition" just seems weird to me. Especially because it was the exact same reason publicly given before.

I feel that if Ibushi were pulling some stunts on them, they would call it out. Japan doesn't seem to play with bad behavior at all.

I really think that they know that something is up with him, and they're trying to work with him and cover.

I mean, he could really just be burned out, which would make the "poor physical condition" thing true. If these shows were nothing, random, shows, maybe they'd rather he just rest, but they don't want to piss the fans off.

Other than the show for that title, are these just house shows?

I do think that it's more than that, though.

I know they have 2 small shows in Okinawa were he was booked in the midcard. Not sure if he had an important match on anther show.

The big test will be on November 17th on their Korakuen show. Tanahashi is booked so it's kind of an important show, if he shows up and keeps working there then it's just a false alarm. If dude is still missing by then... :lupe:

it's almost contract time for new japan so ibushi probably just trying to find a way out of ddt so he can sign an exclusive new japan deal

Ibushi could've left DDT a looong time ago by now if he wanted to. It would be very weird for him to act like this because of a contract.

sid the kid

Rookie
Daps
I know they have 2 small shows in Okinawa were he was booked in the midcard. Not sure if he had an important match on anther show.

The big test will be on November 17th on their Korakuen show. Tanahashi is booked so it's kind of an important show, if he shows up and keeps working there then it's just a false alarm. If dude is still missing by then... :lupe:

Ibushi could've left DDT a looong time ago by now if he wanted to. It would be very weird for him to act like this because of a contract.

new japan won't push him unless he's under an exclusive contract

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
RE: Ibushi. Got this from a dude that lives in Japan and is a puro fan:

Seems like he's off until at least next week. He even canceled some book signing events. We'll just have to wait and see. It is the beginning of the flu season in Japan though so that could be it. Kind of like Makabe getting sick at the beginning of the year. Japan tends to not want people (or students) going in if they have the flu, if only to reduce the spread.

Hay fever is a bytch here. Post-war they planted lots of trees that produce pollen (cypress I think) and over the years the need to cut down those trees for building material lessened and the trees just kept growing and producing pollen. Medicine reduces my need for a mask but I still need something to protect my eyes during hay fever season.

Seems like nothing out of the ordinary :whew:

new japan won't push him unless he's under an exclusive contract

They've pushed him plenty even when he was barely getting dates in his first couple of years. He's always been treated well by New Japan, the only time he's been cooled off by booking has been the last couple of months. And that can be said about most of the roster given Gedo's clear burnout with the book. I don't see any correlation in him being a free lancer and New Japan wanting to push him...Gedo is just fukking up, like he has done in the last 2 years.

sid the kid

Rookie
Daps
RE: Ibushi. Got this from a dude that lives in Japan and is a puro fan:

Seems like nothing out of the ordinary :whew:

They've pushed him plenty even when he was barely getting dates in his first couple of years. He's always been treated well by New Japan, the only time he's been cooled off by booking has been the last couple of months. And that can be said about most of the roster given Gedo's clear burnout with the book. I don't see any correlation in him being a free lancer and New Japan wanting to push him...Gedo is just fukking up, like he has done in the last 2 years.

gedo isn't strapping the rocket to a free lancer. it would just be dumb business.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
gedo isn't strapping the rocket to a free lancer. it would just be dumb business.

Gedo isn't strapping the rocket to anyone that's not named Okada (or Tanahashi), that's the problem. Doesn't matter if you are a freelancer or full timer.

A Jr. Heavy like Ibushi getting the push he's gotten in New Japan, becoming a legit Heavy and getting to headline big Sumo Hall shows in a title match is unprecedented. He's gotten a better treatment than the vast majority of the roster since he stepped foot in New Japan, him being a free lancer has never been an issue.

Would him being exclusively a New Japan talent help his case? I have no clue because Gedo fukking sucks at pushing new people.

sid the kid

Rookie
Daps
Gedo isn't strapping the rocket to anyone that's not named Okada (or Tanahashi), that's the problem. Doesn't matter if you are a freelancer or full timer.

A Jr. Heavy like Ibushi getting the push he's gotten in New Japan, becoming a legit Heavy and getting to headline big Sumo Hall shows in a title match is unprecedented. He's gotten a better treatment than the vast majority of the roster since he stepped foot in New Japan, him being a free lancer has never been an issue.

Would him being exclusively a New Japan talent help his case? I have no clue because Gedo fukking sucks at pushing new people.

him being exclusive to new japan would help his case immensely. everything going on with aaa is proof that you don't push guys unless you got them locked into deals.

ibushi and shibata are only going to reach a certain level under non-exclusive deals, which sucks, but makes sense business wise.