Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
first-marigold-champions-crowned-spoilers-v0-efvzvfnwd9cd1.jpeg

Looks like Giulia is headed to NXT now

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
The prestigious N1 Victory getting tainted with nobodies from NXTism :camby: Hope NOAH won't be the tunnel used by WWE to sneak into Japan.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Gabe Kidd: Naito vs Jon Moxley was like watching two drunk salarymen arguing at a Koenji pub, and it was damn embarrassing​

New Japan Pro-Wrestling's Strong Openweight Champion Gabe Kidd (27) is giving a big talk at the midsummer festival "G1 Climax" (opening in Osaka on the 20th). The man who is wreaking havoc on the New Japan mat as a member of the "Bullet Club War Dogs" made a series of provocative remarks about IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Tetsuya Naito (42), who is trying to win the title for the second time in a row. While insulting everyone in every direction, he has made his name as the main character of the generational change.

Gabe, who will be competing for the second time following last year, is aiming for his first victory in Block A. "It's an all-out war. No one is safe. In my last match in Japan (June 16th), I went into enemy territory alone and lost to a Noah wrestler (Kiyomiya Kaito). How do you think that makes me feel? My heart is completely black. I'm suffering more inside than you can imagine. I'm going to drag everyone down, every single one of them," he said in a loud voice.
Block A was filled with talented wrestlers, but as a title holder, his only target was Naito, the highest-ranking champion in the group. "I'll just beat the rest for fun. Naito beat (Jon) Moxley, but what does that mean? Their match at the Forbidden Door was like watching two drunk salarymen arguing at a Koenji pub, and it was damn embarrassing," he said bluntly. Only Gabe knows why he chose Koenji instead of Shimbashi...

The vitriolic remarks never stop. "Naito has created an image of being 'out of control,' but in my opinion, he's just a corporate slave who does whatever Tanahashi (Hiroshi) asks. Naito's stardust has lost its luster due to the pandemic. It makes me sick to see him holding that belt. I intend to destroy that man's soul and show him who is at the forefront of the new generation of New Japan."
In fact, the G1 participants have become younger all at once in this tournament, and New Japan is at a turning point. "Who can do it better than me? Who can represent New Japan better than me? Who has more fighting spirit than me? And more importantly, who can stop me? It's written in God's plan that Gabe Kidd will save New Japan," he said, intending to snatch the center of the new generation.

The ever-fearless Gabe loudly declared, "New Japan has been a disgrace the past few years. It's a shytty show. How can they move forward when all their top stars are over 40? The Naito era is over. The Tanahashi era is over. The Gabe Kid era has just begun."

"Also, when are you going to abolish the KOPW title (currently held by The Great-O-Khan)? It's the most embarrassing belt I've ever seen. If you want to do crap like that, go work for DDT, you nerds," he said, getting carried away and causing flames to fly in the wrong direction...

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

[New Japan G1] Tetsuya Naito proposes the introduction of a "demotion system" for lower-performing wrestlers: "It will be an exciting event from start to finish"​

Tetsuya Naito (42), IWGP World Heavyweight Champion of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, has made an urgent proposal to introduce a "relegation system" to the midsummer festival "G1 Climax" (opening on the 20th in Osaka). This year, the number of participants was reduced from last year's 32 to 20, so a tournament to determine the participants was held. While Naito highly praised this system, he called for a rule to be created that would allow those with lower results in this tournament to move on to next year's tournament in order to make it a regular event.

Naito, who is aiming for his second consecutive victory as the previous year's champion, is also aiming to become the first group's highest-ranking champion to win a G1 title in 24 years since Sasaki Kensuke in the 2000 tournament. On the 19th, the day before the start of the tournament, he summoned our reporter to a family restaurant and held a send-off party for himself. As the oldest of the A block in which he was entered, he murmured, "It makes you feel how quickly time flies," as he savored a meal of mentaiko and squid pasta.

One of the reasons why the participants in this tournament were so young was the tournament held before the start of the tournament. The two newcomers, Voltin Oleg and Callum Newman, defeated regulars such as Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tomohiro Ishii, and Taichi to earn the right to participate.

Naito commented on the result, "They weren't selected by choice, they won the right to participate through ability. I think it means that we have gathered the members worthy of this year's G1," and he also praised the tournament initiative itself. "I think the G1 Climax, which anyone can enter, is not the right one. I think survival matches like that should become a regular thing. However, I think it would be better to have proper standards for those who start from the qualifying rounds and those who go straight to the main tournament from next year," he said, expressing his hopes and concerns.

In fact, some people had questioned the unclear selection criteria for tournament participants, so Naito came up with a system that would directly reflect the results of this year's G1 main tournament.

"If the top three players from each block advance to the championship tournament like this year, it would be interesting if the bottom three players were required to compete in the tournament to decide the next year's participants. I think that attention will be focused not only on the battle for the championship, but also on the lower-ranked players, making it an exciting event to watch from start to finish."

If a "relegation system" were to be introduced, the spotlight would be on other races besides the championship, such as the J-League's fight to stay in the league or the Hakone Ekiden seed race, and the number of games played would decrease dramatically. Naito warned the IWGP Executive Committee, who had just announced their new structure, saying, "Well, it's an idea that even I could easily come up with. I'm sure it's on everyone's minds, too. I'd like you to announce as soon as possible what you're thinking about next year and beyond."

After saying what he wanted to say, Naito suddenly left the room, clutching tears in his eyes, saying, "Still, it's really sad to see all the competitors who have competed with us drop out. I know we don't have time to be sentimental, but...excuse me." Of course, he never came back, and only the receipt was left on the table.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
We back to mid 2000's levels of people not giving a fukk about the G-1 :wow: :mjcry:

Naito's lost his first two matches (Shingo & ZSJ)
Takeshyta won his debut against Tsuji, who then won the next night's main event against Finlay.

Night 1 did a good number for today's standards (4.1k) but Night 2 couldn't even sell half the building in Osaka (2.5k).

DDT barely got 4.1k at Sumo Hall for their Peter Pan show

Dragon Gate only got 4.7k for the Kobe World Hall show.

The only company doing better than expected business is All Japan with this Yuma Anzai TC run but still, it's only "selling out Korakuen Hall" level of good business :to:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
We back to mid 2000's levels of people not giving a fukk about the G-1 :wow: :mjcry:

Naito's lost his first two matches (Shingo & ZSJ)
Takeshyta won his debut against Tsuji, who then won the next night's main event against Finlay.

Night 1 did a good number for today's standards (4.1k) but Night 2 couldn't even sell half the building in Osaka (2.5k).

DDT barely got 4.1k at Sumo Hall for their Peter Pan show

Dragon Gate only got 4.7k for the Kobe World Hall show.

The only company doing better than expected business is All Japan with this Yuma Anzai TC run but still, it's only "selling out Korakuen Hall" level of good business :to:
Damn, rough time to be a puro fan :francis: