Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

PremeGuru

All Star
Daps
The Japanese promotions forming like Voltron to bring Puro back to its glory days and keep WWE out of Japan.

December 15, Tokyo Japan

New Japan Pro-Wrestling today announces that it is one of nine organizations that will constitute United Japan Pro-Wrestling, a new industry group representing professional wrestling in Japan.

Without an industry wide group for professional wrestling in Japan, the unprecedented crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic made it all the more clear that there was a need to consolidate and express accurate information and best operating practices between promotions, as well as to communicate effectively with national and municipal governments. In a bid to better anticipate and adapt to societal changes in the future, nine Japanese promotions at the forefront of pro-wrestling in the country will be be part of a collective industry group (henceforth ‘the Group’).

The members of the Group will maintain their individual business identities and competition in the marketplace, but the Group will provide a space to discuss issues that concern the industry at large, and to exchange information with an interest in maintaining its growth. The formation of the Group will be marked by an event on May 6 2024 in Nippon Budokan under the banner of United Japan Pro-Wrestling.

Group members

New Japan Pro-Wrestling (New Japan Pro-Wrestling Co. Ltd.)

All Japan Pro-Wrestling (All Japan Pro-Wrestling Co. Ltd.)

Pro-Wrestling NOAH (Cyber Fight Co. Ltd.)

DDT Pro-Wrestling (Cyber Fight Co. Ltd.)

Ganbare ☆ Pro-Wrestling (Cyber Fight Co. Ltd.)

Big Japan Pro-Wrestling (Yotsuba Industries Ltd.)

DRAGONGATE (DRAGONGATE Co. Ltd.)

STARDOM (BushiRoad Fight Co. Ltd.)

Tokyo Joshi Pro-Wrestling (Cyber Fight Co. Ltd.)

Further Group members will be considered in future.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The Japanese promotions forming like Voltron to bring Puro back to its glory days and keep WWE out of Japan.

Japan just said fukk NOAH and the Fed :mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think it's the same group that went to parlament (or to a group of politicians, can't remember) to let people back in shows during Covid because Japan took forever to open up like that.

I can only imagine the type of problems smaller promotions have right now :picard:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Wow I was reading the njpw IG and was wondering if I got a bad translation. This is really interesting, and will be easier for Americans to follow it seems (I know that isn't their goal but still). It's Japan NWA.