Japanese Researcher Wants America To “Apologize” For Bombing Them

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Simple answer. Something along the lines of "sorry, but I had to do it to you"

How they take that is something they have to deal with. When the world is at war and your life and your people's lives are at risk, you might just have to resort to extreme measures to secure victory

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simple answer. Something along the lines of "sorry, but I had to do it to you"

How they take that is something they have to deal with. When the world is at war and your life and your people's lives are at risk, you might just have to resort to extreme measures to secure victory
never liked how people talk about expendable soldiers as opposed to civilians, as if soldiers aren't just 20 year old kids with their entire lives ahead of them

i'll concede that the bomb was fukked up, but we weren't gonna lose another hundred thousand soldiers because those japanese lunatics refused to surrender when they were beaten. add in Pearl Harbor, and what Japan was doing during the war :yeshrug: fukk em

and those civilians who died due to the bomb, would have died anyway when Japan forced a fukking mainland battle on them. Japanese leadership did this to them

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
At the end of the day, none of this has shyt to do with black people and Africans, who are owed not only apologies but also reparations from basically everyone but here we are :manny:

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
never liked how people talk about expendable soldiers as opposed to civilians, as if soldiers aren't just 20 year old kids with their entire lives ahead of them

i'll concede that the bomb was fukked up, but we weren't gonna lose another hundred thousand soldiers because those japanese lunatics refused to surrender when they were beaten. add in Pearl Harbor, and what Japan was doing during the war :yeshrug: fukk em

and those civilians who died due to the bomb, would have died anyway when Japan forced a fukking mainland battle on them. Japanese leadership did this to them
And if I remember correctly, those are all the reasons the bombs were dropped in the first place. I can understand the surviving/still living generation feeling some type of way, but everybody after that gotta hold that L. It was earned destruction.

If they wasn't holding like that, they should've left shyt alone or tried to call a truce or write a peace treaty or something. Once you start fueding with mainstream countries, you have to know that tragedy is always right around the corner

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The U.S. military had nearly 500,000 Purple Heart medals manufactured in anticipation of potential casualties from the planned invasion of Japan. To date, all American military casualties of the 60 years following the end of World War II, including the Korean and Vietnam Wars, have not exceeded that number. In 2003, there were still 120,000 of these Purple Heart medals in stock.

:huhldup:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The women and children civilians who were targeted in Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't kill or rape any of those people.
In 1959, Mitsuo Fuchida, the pilot who led the first wave in the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, met with General Paul Tibbets, who piloted the Enola Gay that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, and told him that:

"You did the right thing. You know the Japanese attitude at that time, how fanatic they were, they'd die for the Emperor ... Every man, woman, and child would have resisted that invasion with sticks and stones if necessary ... Can you imagine what a slaughter it would be to invade Japan? It would have been terrible. The Japanese people know more about that than the American public will ever know"

According to historian Richard B. Frank,

The intercepts of Japanese Imperial Army and Navy messages disclosed without exception that Japan's armed forces were determined to fight a final Armageddon battle in the homeland against an Allied invasion. The Japanese called this strategy Ketsu Go (Operation Decisive). It was founded on the premise that American morale was brittle and could be shattered by heavy losses in the initial invasion. American politicians would then gladly negotiate an end to the war [based on terms] far more generous than unconditional surrender

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
In 1959, Mitsuo Fuchida, the pilot who led the first wave in the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, met with General Paul Tibbets, who piloted the Enola Gay that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, and told him that:

"You did the right thing. You know the Japanese attitude at that time, how fanatic they were, they'd die for the Emperor ... Every man, woman, and child would have resisted that invasion with sticks and stones if necessary ... Can you imagine what a slaughter it would be to invade Japan? It would have been terrible. The Japanese people know more about that than the American public will ever know"

According to historian Richard B. Frank,
People in this thread CLEARLY don't understand the stakes of WW2. Just too busy trying to be right or contrarian. This is exactly what I hate about the internet.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If we invaded another country unprovoked, slaughtered 20 million people, and refused to stop, I think it would be justified to use nuclear weapons against us at that point.

"If"? You just described the US origin story lol.

Japan refused to give up, and a ground invasion would've killed far more than 200k.

Nearly all of our military leaders at the time as well as studies done after the fact have concluded a ground invasion was never going to be necessary. The receipts have already been posted multiple times in this thread.

Bombing civilian populations doesn't impact the course of wars. Military leaders make their military decisions based on their prospects for victory and how long they think their forces can hold out, not based on how many civilian lives they're losing.

Indeed, my impression the decision to use nukes was reinforced after Okinawa campaign after nearly 50,000 us casualties and 12k dead.

Their is little evidence this is true. Truman pushed through the decision to use the bomb once he first learned about its existence, well before the Battle of Okinawa had ended, and there is no evidence that he ever reconsidered or would have taken a different route if Okinawa had gone differently.

There's a false "invade or nuke?" dichotomy being made in these discussions, often to justify the nuke, but that wasn't the debate at the time. The question was whether to invade and bomb until industrial surrender, siege and bomb until unconditional surrender, or negotiate a conditional surrender. People don't realize that we were almost certainly going to nuke Japan whether we invaded it or not.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i'll concede that the bomb was fukked up, but we weren't gonna lose another hundred thousand soldiers because those japanese lunatics refused to surrender when they were beaten.

There is little evidence of this dilemma - the war could have ended without US invasion or nuking, and the bomb played little part in their final decision.

The U.S. military had nearly 500,000 Purple Heart medals manufactured in anticipation of potential casualties from the planned invasion of Japan. To date, all American military casualties of the 60 years following the end of World War II, including the Korean and Vietnam Wars, have not exceeded that number. In 2003, there were still 120,000 of these Purple Heart medals in stock.

That's a silly claim - the people who manufactured Purple Hearts weren't being given US battle plans or detailed casualty estimates. They manufactured a total of 1.5 million Purple Hearts in WW2, and 500k were still left over after the war. There weren't 500k made specifically for any invasion, most had been manufactured long before that.

Also, there were 470,000 Purple Hearts awarded in Korea/Nam alone, so that claim about 120,000 still left is either a lie or purposely deceptive.

In 1959, Mitsuo Fuchida, the pilot who led the first wave in the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, met with General Paul Tibbets, who piloted the Enola Gay that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, and told him that: "You did the right thing. You know the Japanese attitude at that time, how fanatic they were, they'd die for the Emperor ... Every man, woman, and child would have resisted that invasion with sticks and stones if necessary ... Can you imagine what a slaughter it would be to invade Japan? It would have been terrible. The Japanese people know more about that than the American public will ever know"

lol - so some random pilot is the final word, and you'll just ignore dozens of military leaders and historians who said such an invasion wasn't even necessary?

Also, at the same time that was going on, Japanese soldiers were retreating and surrendering to the advancing Russian forces by the teens of thousands. If the Japanese fight so mythically and never surrender, then why did they give up to the Russians so easily?

Why do you even think the nukes would have caused the surrender? All we did is destroy two cities, and we had destroyed dozens of cities before that. The firebombing of Tokyo killed more people than died in Nagasaki. They didn't care if they lost civilians, and nukes didn't change the military equation. Japanese leadership didn't even visit the nuke sites or commission any detailed evaluation before surrendering. It was a shocking weapon, but Japan's loss of virtually all air/sea forces and the entry of the Soviets into the war played a larger role.

As virtually all our military leaders and most historians agree, which you would know if you read the thread.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is little evidence of this dilemma - the war could have ended without US invasion or nuking, and the bomb played little part in their final decision.

That's a silly claim - the people who manufactured Purple Hearts weren't being given US battle plans or detailed casualty estimates. They manufactured a total of 1.5 million Purple Hearts in WW2, and 500k were still left over after the war. There weren't 500k made specifically for any invasion, most had been manufactured long before that.

Also, there were 470,000 Purple Hearts awarded in Korea/Nam alone, so that claim about 120,000 still left is either a lie or purposely deceptive.

lol - so some random pilot is the final word, and you'll just ignore dozens of military leaders and historians who said such an invasion wasn't even necessary?

Also, at the same time that was going on, Japanese soldiers were retreating and surrendering to the advancing Russian forces by the teens of thousands. If the Japanese fight so mythically and never surrender, then why did they give up to the Russians so easily?

Why do you even think the nukes would have caused the surrender? All we did is destroy two cities, and we had destroyed dozens of cities before that. The firebombing of Tokyo killed more people than died in Nagasaki. They didn't care if they lost civilians, and nukes didn't change the military equation. Japanese leadership didn't even visit the nuke sites or commission any detailed evaluation before surrendering. It was a shocking weapon, but Japan's loss of virtually all air/sea forces and the entry of the Soviets into the war played a larger role.

As virtually all our military leaders and most historians agree, which you would know if you read the thread.
you're fulla shyt. japanese leadership was mostly taken over by military extremists, and was not gonna surrender

add that to the fact that those civilians would have died during a land invasion anyway :yeshrug: it's japan's leadership's fault that they died.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
you're fulla shyt. japanese leadership was mostly taken over by military extremists, and was not gonna surrender

They DID surrender though, dumbass. How can you claim they wouldn't surrender when they demonstrably did so, and had been putting out feelers regarding negotiating the surrender for months?

Is this yet another example of you making definitive statements on subjects you've never studied and don't know jack shyt about?

"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons."

- Fleet Admiral William Leahy, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during WW2

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war....The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military standpoint, in the defeat of Japan."

- Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz, Commander in Chief U.S. Pacific Fleet during the campaign against Japan

"The first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment. . . . It was a mistake to ever drop it. . . . [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it. . . . It killed a lot of Japs, but the Japs had put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before."

- Admiral William F. Halsey Jr., Commander U.S. Third Fleet during the campaign against Japan

"The Japanese position was hopeless even before the first atomic bomb fell, because the Japanese had lost control of their own air....it always appeared to us that, atomic bomb or no atomic bomb, the Japanese were already on the verge of collapse."

- General Henry H. "Hap" Arnold, Commanding General of U.S. Army Air Forces during WW2

"Russia's entry into the Japanese war was the decisive factor in speeding its end and would have been so even if no atomic bombs had been dropped."

- General Claire Chennault, Army Air Forces Commander in China during the campaign against Japan

"On the other hand if they knew or were told that no invasion would take place [and] that bombing would continue until the surrender, why I think the surrender would have taken place just about the same time."

General Carl Spaatz, Commander of U.S. Strategic Air Forces in the Pacific during WW2

"MacArthur's views about the decision to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were starkly different from what the general public supposed." He continues, "When I asked General MacArthur about the decision to drop the bomb, I was surprised to learn he had not even been consulted. What, I asked, would his advice have been? He replied that he saw no military justification for the dropping of the bomb. The war might have ended weeks earlier, he said, if the United States had agreed, as it later did anyway, to the retention of the institution of the emperor."

- General Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers in the Pacific during WW2

"I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face'. The Secretary was deeply perturbed by my attitude..."

- General Dwight Eisenhower, Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers (Europe) during WW2

"...the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing."

- former President Dwight Eisenhower, reflecting after his presidency

"Obviously....the atomic bomb neither induced the Emperor's decision to surrender nor had any effect on the ultimate outcome of the war."

- Brigadier General Bonner Fellers, in charge of psychological warfare on MacArthur's staff during the campaign against Japan

"The poor damn Japanese were putting feelers out by the ton so to speak, through Russia."

- Colonel Charles "Tick" Bonesteel, Chief of the War Department Operations Division Policy Section during WW2

"I think that the Japanese were ready for peace, and they already had approached the Russians and, I think, the Swiss. And that suggestion of [giving] a warning [of the atomic bomb] was a face-saving proposition for them, and one that they could have readily accepted...In my opinion, the Japanese war was really won before we ever used the atom bomb."

- Under-Secretary of Navy Ralph Bard during WW2

"The diary of Walter Brown--an assistant to Secretary of State James F. Byrnes-- records that aboard ship returning from Potsdam on August 3, 1945 the President, Byrnes and Admiral William D. Leahy, Chief of Staff to the President, "agreed Japas looking for peace. (Leahy had another report from Pacific) President afraid they will sue for peace through Russia instead of some country like Sweden."

"Just when the Japanese were ready to capitulate, we went ahead and introduced to the world the most devastating weapon it had ever seen and, in effect, gave the go-ahead to Russia to swarm over Eastern Asia....I submit that it was the wrong decision. It was wrong on strategic grounds. And it was wrong on humanitarian grounds."

Ellis Zacharias, Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence during WW2

"What prevented them from suing for peace or from bringing their plot into the open was their uncertainty on two scores. First, they wanted to know the meaning of unconditional surrender and the fate we planned for Japan after defeat. Second, they tried to obtain from us assurances that the Emperor could remain on the throne after surrender."

Ellis Zacharias, Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence during WW2

What do you think you know about Japan in WW2 that all of them didn't?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
A black American lawyer got the ones who were in internment camps over here their reparations

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
that's not happening for a few centuries, there's still survivors of the war who remember axis war crimes and actions and to be honest, They lucky we didn't touch Tokyo and really try to crash out...

The nerve with all the atrocities and foolishness committed in that war, like really...