Jamie Foxx is recovering after suffering undisclosed medical complication

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
His illness could be anything. Unless the info comes directly from his immediate family or his publicist then people need to stop assuming or guessing. That's all.
Unfortunately, Jamie Foxx is a celebrity and public figure so speculation and rumors are going to go around regardless. That's the way it works in his line of business.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
The thing is Jeremy Renner got run over by a giant snowplow and within 2 days they told the public what happened. :francis:

By contrast no one has said anything about Jamie outside of a cryptic statement. And even two weeks later we don't know anything but his people also haven't contradicted the public rumors which leads people to believe that that's what really happened.

Last edited:

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Definitely a lot of stress. And I believe he was sniffing a bit of coke when partying. Sad anyways. Hope he will recover. But Im worried he will have noticable brain damage permantely.
unfortunately, he’s admitted to this in a roundabout, joking way, especially on the foxxhole.

Daps
It's definitely serious and probably affecting his cognitive ability.

If dude had a car accident or something like that, we'd already know. For him to be THIS famous yet we haven't heard nary a peep is pretty unusual and a testament to his inner circle.

Normally you tell folks "Famous Man is suffering from X and we just thank you for your prayers."

pcpking

All Star
Daps
Definitely a lot of stress. And I believe he was sniffing a bit of coke when partying. Sad anyways. Hope he will recover. But Im worried he will have noticable brain damage permantely.

unfortunately, he’s admitted to this in a roundabout, joking way, especially on the foxxhole.

"I don't really like cocaine, I just love the smell of it"

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

If he was actually doing coke, then reap what you sow. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Everybody knows the consequences. That's why if I was in Hollywood I just couldn't hang around folks, y'all a bad influence.:hubie: If anything I'd be around old heads like Denzel, Freeman, and Keanuu

Last edited:
Daps
If anything I'd be around old heads like Denzel, Freeman, and Keanuu
I’m hoping for the best with Jamie, but Denzel’s not a choirboy.

I love Denzel, but if anything, his role in Flight wasn’t that much of a stretch for him, as he has his own demons.

When he began to rebel, she made the crucial and courageous decision to send him to a private boarding school.

“That decision changed my life, because I wouldn’t have survived in the direction I was going,” he told Parade magazine. “The guys I was hanging out with at the time, my running buddies, have now done maybe 40 years combined in the penitentiary. They were nice guys, but the streets got them.”

From 2001:
Denzel Washington has revealed that he barely escaped becoming an alcoholic while struggling to make a living as a young man.

The Oscar-winning star says he found himself “on the path to destruction” as he worked in a string of dead-end jobs in New York City.

And during his time as an office clerk and “gofer,” Washington admits, he often turned to a bottle of cheap wine in a brown paper bag.

“I was on the path to destruction there for a while. I didn’t know what I was doing with my life,” the 46-year-old actor told London’s Ananova news service.

“I . . . think the cheap wine eased the pain of doing work I didn’t want to do.

“I was inches away from alcoholism, and I knew it. I had to learn to believe in myself.”
2012:
Washington says he stopped drinking throughout the 45-day shoot, as he did on some other films including Malcolm X. “We’ve all tied one on,” he acknowledges. “But if I had been drinking while I was shooting, it’d be harder to stay disciplined, just to get up in the morning. You are a little more hung over, grouchier. I knew this was an excellent opportunity, and a really good story. So it was something I wanted to do right.”

He smiles slyly, with that ever-present concoction of danger and charm. “But I haven’t given it up forever.”

2014:
Denzel Washington just left an Orange County residence where he was staying for more than 2 weeks to detox after a wild, alcohol-fueled, gluttonous month-long vacation ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the actor tell TMZ Denzel was on a yacht during the month of July with his wife ... and was partying and partying hard.

2018:
Now 63, he took a decision on his 60th birthday to give up alcohol for what he calls his fourth quarter. “Moderation is the key. If you drink too much water you’ll drown. I’m not drinking alcohol.”

Has it changed his perspective? “On life? I hope so. I’ll put it this way. When you’re toasted you need a day to recover. You get a hangover. So that’s two days out of your life. I don’t have time to waste. Let’s say there’s 365 days in a year so in 10 years that’s 3650, so how many days do you want to waste?”

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

I love Denzel, but if anything, his role in Flight wasn’t that much of a stretch for him, as he has his own demons.

From 2001:

2012:

2014:

2018:

Yeah both you not poppin pills or doing coke around Denzel.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps

That's a lot of work just to defend Jamie and trash Denzel.

You're forgetting though that Denzel is in an actual marriage with a Black women. So there's a protection there that someone like Jamie who runs around with sun dodgers doesn't have.

And it's almost certainly why Denzel managed to get through it.

Because who's sending messages of support about Jamie? Black people.

Who's not? All his white so called Hollywood "friends" that's he's known over the years. :mjpls:

And it's been said repeatedly but some don't get it. Black people don't have friends among cacs.

And I remember from his radio show after he won his Oscar, he was talking about how his new found fame led to him getting with a lot of famous Black women in Hollywood but he dismissed it and said it was nothing special.

Instead he was bragging about hanging out with shriveled up Goldie Hawn and Warren Betty. And getting approached by white actresses. So that's what he values. :mjpls:

Last edited: