Votes: 111 53.1%

• Total voters

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Paul George.

I don't see how you can choose to build around a PG who is so lazy on the defensive end the way Harden is.

They both went to the Conference Finals. James harden damn near won the MVP for crying out loud.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
you can't have a player who saves energy for offense by playing no defense as your franchise player and expect to win a title, those type of guys never win you a championship. Even kobe who used to save energy for the offense would step his game up in the playoffs.

paul george simply wants to win more than harden, he has a better work ethic and if he didn't have that horrible injury this topic would not even be up for discussion.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
you can't have a player who saves energy for offense by playing no defense as your franchise player and expect to win a title, those type of guys never win you a championship. Even kobe who used to save energy for the offense would step his game up in the playoffs.

paul george simply wants to win more than harden, he has a better work ethic and if he didn't have that horrible injury this topic would not even be up for discussion.

Dirk sucks at defense and won a championship.

PG reminds me of Stephen Jackson if anything. Some nights he look like a superstar and other night he be on some :trash:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They both went to the Conference Finals. James harden damn near won the MVP for crying out loud.
They went to the conference finals in a weak year beating weak teams

You guys need to understand that there's a lot more to basketball than high point totals.

James Harden is a great scorer.
He's not great at anything else.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Dirk sucks at defense and won a championship.

PG reminds me of Stephen Jackson if anything. Some nights he look like a superstar and other night he be on some :trash:
dirk is exception because he is literally unguardable with his fadeaway shots, his offense is very efficient, yet he still tries on the defense more than harden. last time I saw a superstar player playing less defense than harden was kobe in last few seasons. And we talmbout a player in his prime vs 30+ yr old past the prime player.

Harden has the same effect looking like superstar and other nights a complete garbage. But when shots aint falling PG13 can play defense unlike harden who still refuses to do so unless he surrounded with hella great defensive players to cover his defensive mistakes.

I would even say george makes his teammates better, look what happened to hibbert and lance when they left pacers they turned into complete garbage yet at some point in their careers in indiana people were telling that hibbert and lance deserve the all star game spot :mjlol:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
They went to the conference finals in a weak year beating weak teams

You guys need to understand that there's a lot more to basketball than high point totals.

James Harden is a great scorer.
He's not great at anything else.

The Pacers had a squad. Roy Hibbert was playing like an all star for the first half of that season and David West and Lance Stephenson were Borderland All-Stars.

Harden lead the rockets to 56 wins with Dwight missing half the season

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
dirk is exception because he is literally unguardable with his fadeaway shots, his offense is very efficient, yet he still tries on the defense more than harden. last time I saw a superstar player playing less defense than harden was kobe in last few seasons. And we talmbout a player in his prime vs 30+ yr old past the prime player.

Harden has the same effect looking like superstar and other nights a complete garbage. But when shots aint falling PG13 can play defense unlike harden who still refuses to do so unless he surrounded with hella great defensive players to cover his defensive mistakes.

I would even say george makes his teammates better, look what happened to hibbert and lance when they left pacers they turned into complete garbage yet at some point in their careers in indiana people were telling that hibbert and lance deserve the all star game spot :mjlol:

Hibbort was productive when Granger was running the show and Lance was in a great situation in Indiana in terms of playing through his strengths. Montana Ellis didn't Elevate his game playing with PG

kuts

All Star
Daps
Harden bc defense is clearly optional in today's league. Also, Harden can play at more than one speed.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I picked George but had to think real hard about my choice. George's effort on defense gives him the edge to me but Harden's ability as a scorer passer and his ability to get to the rack at will made me think twice. It's close though and if both are motivated neither is a bad choice.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I think Harden is better equipped to be the lead guy of a team handling most of the scoring burden and creating the offense for a team. While I think PG excels best when he is part of a team with a lot of pieces like when he had Hibbert, West and Stephenson. He doesn't have to carry the burden on offense he can pick and choose his spots and devote his time to defense.

I'm bias in this so I voted Harden becuz if and when Harden decides to lock in on defense which he has said he will this year he creates so much more on offense for himself and his teammates than PG that it's not even close imo.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Harden can do more..hes just an ugly ass player to watch, thats all

Wheres Walt :russ: