James Gunn Wants A ‘Rocket and Groot’ Spin-Off, Claims Vin Diesel

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
When's the last time an actor in a Marvel film actually got a spin off movie they were asking for?

Exactly.

I hate these stupid fukking articles where they hype up this shyt as if the actors have ANY power in these situations. Marvel runs a tight ship and they're not deviating from their plans just because an actor or two want a chance to make more money.

Don Cheadle was saying he was pushing for a War Machine solo.....never gonna happen.

Scarlett Johansson's been pushing for Black Widow solo film since phase 1 and it's nowhere in sight.

Jeremy Renner was asking for Hawkeye spin off movie at one point :mjlol:

fukking Sam Jackson couldn't even get a proper SHIELD spin off movie popping the way he wanted.

Marvel actors don't have that sort of power, none of them are even getting producer credits on these films. Asking these people about "spin off" movies is like asking the fry cook at McDonald's about their ideas for new menu items.
If they don't give Scarlett one, everyone is gonna be waiting and wasting their time.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This shyt isn't remotely true.

How you gonna say he hates to be seen as black when he spends so much time promoting his shyt at black media outlets (something Vin Diesel rarely does). I don't recall Vin Diesel ever showing up at the Image or BET awards? Never seen Vin do interviews with Essence or Ebony Magazine. I've never seen Vin Diesel at any point publicly acknowledge his black heritage. Last year Rock was all on Instagram posting photos of him and his pops and talking about the struggles his dad encountered as a black man in the wrestling business. Rock has ALWAYS said that he's half black and half Samoan and to deny or downplay either side is disrespectful to his parents.

There's a perception about teh Rock that doesn't actually match up with the things he's said or done.
Dude is trolling..he's letting message board personas mess with his reality of the situation. The Rock is working side by side with Denzel's son. Besides Tyrese, Rock, and Luda, no one has ever seen Vin Diesel around anyone Black.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Rock can do whatever he wants. I don't care.
You are the one trying to act like showing up on white owned black targeted media platforms means something, not me.
Lets be truthful, blacks do own studios Tyler Perry probably having the biggest one, there are black owned media distributors as well and the internet has made content distribution easy as hell for anyone to get on, so the defeatist tone you are taking lets me know what the deal is with you off the bat, but thats for another thread.
He makes an effort and isn't afraid to speak up on shyt, when he can profit, I got you.
I don't care about his resume or career accomplishments, it literally has nothing to do with what I've said.
I haven't belittled his accomplishments at all actually, I literally said I question Rock, because it seems to be he is trying to be the Studio house nikka and get Vin who has actually done things for black actors, writers, and directors out the picture.
Yes Rock has his own production company, he makes sure on ballers to hire minorities to play stereotypical c00ns, bucks, and wenches, while he plays a guy who is above it all and dates only white and italian women right? The people of power and substance on his show are all white, and the blacks are all immature schemers and leeches and potheads or broken mentally and physically. Got you Thanks Rock, who did he get to direct his Hercules movie? Who did he get casted in that film? Who did he get casted as his kids in San Andreas? Who did he get casted as his kid in the drug movie with Berry Pepper. What movie is the Rock's company doing about a pro-wrestler, who is it focused on again? Look say what you want, we're going to simply disagree with the Rock and his comfortableness being associated with being a black american.
Defeatists? You accuse Rock of not speaking up on his blackness in Hollywood and mention Tyler fukkin Perry as an example? OK I'm done and you right we definitely gonna agree to disagree.

Dude is trolling..he's letting message board personas mess with his reality of the situation. The Rock is working side by side with Denzel's son. Besides Tyrese, Rock, and Luda, no one has ever seen Vin Diesel around anyone Black.

That explains it. Yall enjoy your Saturday.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Defeatists? You accuse Rock of not speaking up on his blackness in Hollywood and mention Tyler fukkin Perry as an example? OK I'm done and you right we definitely gonna agree to disagree.

That explains it. Yall enjoy your Saturday.
Yes defeatist.
Yes I accuse Rock of minimizing or denying his blackness, not just in hollywood but professionally. I refered to a interview he did in while he was still a wrestler.
Yes I did mention Tyler Perry, regardless of how you view his work, he has built a studio, multiple lots, processing, voice studio, film storage, and cameras. He has a legimate hollywood studio. Its funny you are done though, the thought that a black man having this disgusts you so much you are done talking. I got you.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
So he did give Larenz Tate a costar part in A Man apart.
He didn't get F Gary the job as director?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Only a fukking thread on the coli about a groot and rocket spin off could turn into a vin diesel vs. Rock thread and discussions about race :mjlol:

@MartyMcFly these dudes let themselves get worked into a shoot so easy

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Only a fukking thread on the coli about a groot and rocket spin off could turn into a vin diesel vs. Rock thread and discussions about race :mjlol:

@MartyMcFly these dudes let themselves get worked into a shoot so easy

What the fukk happened? I didn't enter the thread cause I'll believe it when I see it

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
What's your stance on this @Groot
?

:ohhh:

Martha

staytuned.png

c44a3f94db65514b0d473e1e49f068ec.png

We are Groot!

Conz

Superstar
Daps
enough with spinoff talk. i keep hearing about a member of a successful group getting their own movie, it's unnecssary. no one should want a friggin Hobbs Fast spinoff either, gimmie a break.