James Gunn Wants A ‘Rocket and Groot’ Spin-Off, Claims Vin Diesel

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I thought that was less the studios and more David Goyer's bytch ass. It's why I don't fukk with that guy to this day. He was the main one trying to push Snipes out along with that cocksucker Avi Arad.
If Goyer pitched the studio that terrible script it had to be the studios okaying it to begin with. Thats just how the game works, we got this old white man and a black guy. fukk them we can had a young white guy and a bad acting white girl and we'll make even more money.

Thats why I have to give Diesel respect because if you don't play dirty with these studios they will fukk you over, and I respect the Rock for working hard and getting his money but they will do the same shyt too him too and he needs to always be watching and playing the game. Don't shyt on Vin when he is going at the studios, Vin put a lot of minorities on with these FF movies, more than Rock has ever done with the shyt he does.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
When's the last time an actor in a Marvel film actually got a spin off movie they were asking for?

Exactly.

I hate these stupid fukking articles where they hype up this shyt as if the actors have ANY power in these situations. Marvel runs a tight ship and they're not deviating from their plans just because an actor or two want a chance to make more money.

Don Cheadle was saying he was pushing for a War Machine solo.....never gonna happen.

Scarlett Johansson's been pushing for Black Widow solo film since phase 1 and it's nowhere in sight.

Jeremy Renner was asking for Hawkeye spin off movie at one point :mjlol:

fukking Sam Jackson couldn't even get a proper SHIELD spin off movie popping the way he wanted.

Marvel actors don't have that sort of power, none of them are even getting producer credits on these films. Asking these people about "spin off" movies is like asking the fry cook at McDonald's about their ideas for new menu items.
THIS would actually be dope if they followed the comic book shyt

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Goyer pitched the studio that terrible script it had to be the studios okaying it to begin with. Thats just how the game works, we got this old white man and a black guy. fukk them we can had a young white guy and a bad acting white girl and we'll make even more money.

Thats why I have to give Diesel respect because if you don't play dirty with these studios they will fukk you over, and I respect the Rock for working hard and getting his money but they will do the same shyt too him too and he needs to always be watching and playing the game. Don't shyt on Vin when he is going at the studios, Vin put a lot of minorities on with these FF movies, more than Rock has ever done with the shyt he does.

I take it that you haven't seen Ballers? :rudy:

Vin has been at it longer, while Rock is just getting his feet wet as a producer, but I have no doubt Rock can be just as if not more cut throat than Diesel (considering the environment Rock came from).

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THIS would actually be dope if they followed the comic book shyt

I don't think Marvel gives a shyt about the character. He gets shytted on pretty regular in every Marvel film. He's always the butt of someone elses jokes, it always made to look inferior to iron Man, and his suit is always taken out or taken over.

fukking Hawkeye looks more capable than War Machine most of the time.

If they were to do an adaptation of that Greg Pak War Machine series from 07 or 08 it'd be dope, but like I said, Marvel just doesn't like the character for some reason. Even in the comics the most significant thing they did with him was kill him off.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I take it that you haven't seen Ballers? :rudy:

Vin has been at it longer, while Rock is just getting his feet wet as a producer, but I have no doubt Rock can be just as if not more cut throat than Diesel (considering the environment Rock came from).
I have seen ballers, ballers is a nice tv show.
Vin making movies and putting minorities in top positions as directors, stars, in one of the biggest properties in the world now.
You can't knock that.
I take Rock doing the shyt he did as being a studio houseboy and trying to get Vin kicked out or moved out by him, probably on some I'm a good one shyt and I don't like it or trust it. Specially when this nikka hates to be seen as black

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I don't think Marvel gives a shyt about the character. He gets shytted on pretty regular in every Marvel film. He's always the butt of someone elses jokes, it always made to look inferior to iron Man, and his suit is always taken out or taken over.

fukking Hawkeye looks more capable than War Machine most of the time.

If they were to do an adaptation of that Greg Pak War Machine series from 07 or 08 it'd be dope, but like I said, Marvel just doesn't like the character for some reason. Even in the comics the most significant thing they did with him was kill him off.
yeah youre probably right
you know Amerikkka has this thing with making black "heroes" look too good :francis:

i finally finished reading The Harlem Hellfighters and maaaaaan! that shyt made me so angry!
its hard to get me to that point too, cause Im 34. I kinda understand the ins and outs of this country.
but fukk, if that wasnt a hard read for me! :snoop:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have seen ballers, ballers is a nice tv show.
Vin making movies and putting minorities in top positions as directors, stars, in one of the biggest properties in the world now.
You can't knock that.
I take Rock doing the shyt he did as being a studio houseboy and trying to get Vin kicked out or moved out by him, probably on some I'm a good one shyt and I don't like it or trust it. Specially when this nikka hates to be seen as black

This shyt isn't remotely true.

How you gonna say he hates to be seen as black when he spends so much time promoting his shyt at black media outlets (something Vin Diesel rarely does). I don't recall Vin Diesel ever showing up at the Image or BET awards? Never seen Vin do interviews with Essence or Ebony Magazine. I've never seen Vin Diesel at any point publicly acknowledge his black heritage. Last year Rock was all on Instagram posting photos of him and his pops and talking about the struggles his dad encountered as a black man in the wrestling business. Rock has ALWAYS said that he's half black and half Samoan and to deny or downplay either side is disrespectful to his parents.

There's a perception about teh Rock that doesn't actually match up with the things he's said or done.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah youre probably right
you know Amerikkka has this thing with making black "heroes" look too good :francis:

i finally finished reading The Harlem Hellfighters and maaaaaan! that shyt made me so angry!
its hard to get me to that point too, cause Im 34. I kinda understand the ins and outs of this country.
but fukk, if that wasnt a hard read for me! :snoop:

We gonna be eating good when Black Panther drops next year though :blessed:

Biggest budget Black film in history with the largest marketing campaign for a black film ever.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
This shyt isn't remotely true.

How you gonna say he hates to be seen as black when he spends so much time promoting his shyt at black media outlets (something Vin Diesel rarely does). I don't recall Vin Diesel ever showing up at the Image or BET awards? Never seen Vin do interviews with Essence or Ebony Magazine. I've never seen Vin Diesel at any point publicly acknowledge his black heritage. Last year Rock was all on Instagram posting photos of him and his pops and talking about the struggles his dad encountered as a black man in the wrestling business. Rock has ALWAYS said that he's half black and half Samoan and to deny or downplay either side is disrespectful to his parents.

There's a perception about teh Rock that doesn't actually match up with the things he's said or done.

Vin Diesel is like a quadroon or something, but to be real with you BET isn't black owned its white owned, Essence and Ebony are white owned media.
All that said fact is this, Vin Diesel gives black americans jobs and exposure.
What does the Rock do? Rock gets white kids to play his children in films, Rock doesn't hire black directors for his projects. Rock doesn't even hire black castmates for most of his movies. Rock only mentions he is half black when its convient, when he was called black in a interview he stopped the interviewer and said don't do that, I'm more than black and that makes me uncomfortable. When he is called samoan and pacific islander I've not once seen him do that.

Rock goes to black parties and you praise him, Vin Diesel hires black actors, minority actors in major films, hires minority directors in major films, and does real things and you got Rock trying to be the Studio's house boy and you talking about perception and reality? Come on

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vin Diesel is like a quadroon or something, but to be real with you BET isn't black owned its white owned, Essence and Ebony are white owned media.
What does the Rock do? Rock gets white kids to play his children in films, Rock doesn't hire black directors for his projects. Rock doesn't even hire black castmates for most of his movies. Rock only mentions he is half black when its convient, when he was called black in a interview he stopped the interviewer and said don't do that, I'm more than black and that makes me uncomfortable. When he is called samoan and pacific islander I've not once seen him do that.

Rock goes to black parties and you praise him, Vin Diesel hires black actors, minority actors in major films, hires minority directors in major films, and does real things and you got Rock trying to be the Studio's house boy and you talking about perception and reality? Come on

Breh, I've seen the interview you're talking about, and that's not how shyt went down at all. A guy said he was the first Black WWF champion and Rock said actually he's the first man of color to be the WWF champ because to say he's just black is to deny the existence of his mother who is Samoan.

I've never seen anyone refer to Rock as JUST being Samoan.

And as I've already stated Rock does hire black actors and directors.

And to be clear I'm not even praising Rock, I'm saying the bullshyt that he "Hates to be seen as Black" is just that, bullshyt.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Man who cares who it's owned by. The man is proud where he came from and his family heritage and let it be known on multiple black platforms. Don't try to make Rock seem like some type of sell out when he's doing a bunch of shyt for the Black community and let's it be known. I rarely even see Vin Deisel unless one of these F&F movies are popping up or he's doing some fukk shyt behind the scenes. No one really knows shyt about him. Meanwhile The Rock is doing documentaries going back to his city about helping young black men avoid prison and trying to rehab them while in boot camp.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Man who cares who it's owned by. The man is proud where he came from and his family heritage and let it be known on multiple black platforms. Don't try to make Rock seem like some type of sell out when he's doing a bunch of shyt for the Black community and let's it be known. I rarely even see Vin Deisel unless one of these F&F movies are popping up or he's doing some fukk shyt behind the scenes. No one really knows shyt about him. Meanwhile The Rock is doing documentaries going back to his city about helping young black men avoid prison and trying to rehab them while in boot camp.

Who owns it is the fukking point.
You have racists who own and edit black targeted magazines and you say it doesn't matter who owns it? What the fukk is wrong with you.

Vin Diesel doing shyt and you think the guy out there saying shyt matters more SMH.
Rock makes a documentary with himself in it and you talking about he is giving back, instead of saying he is profiting off a situation and trying to garner good will for himself. Here is a fact, if a person has a tv show about what they are doing, the goal is to make money, or else it wouldn't be a tv show, movie, or documentary.

Breh, I've seen the interview you're talking about, and that's not how shyt went down at all. A guy said he was the first Black WWF champion and Rock said actually he's the first man of color to be the WWF champ because to say he's just black is to deny the existence of his mother who is Samoan.

I've never seen anyone refer to Rock as JUST being Samoan.

And as I've already stated Rock does hire black actors and directors.

And to be clear I'm not even praising Rock, I'm saying the bullshyt that he "Hates to be seen as Black" is just that, bullshyt.

I hear what you are saying I just disagree, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Who owns it is the fukking point.
You have racists who own and edit black targeted magazines and you say it doesn't matter who owns it? What the fukk is wrong with you.

Vin Diesel doing shyt and you think the guy out there saying shyt matters more SMH.
Rock makes a documentary with himself in it and you talking about he is giving back, instead of saying he is profiting off a situation and trying to garner good will for himself. Here is a fact, if a person has a tv show about what they are doing, the goal is to make money, or else it wouldn't be a tv show, movie, or documentary.

I hear what you are saying I just disagree, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
So what you want him to do? Not do anything like Vin and only pop up during press week when you on a promo tour for your franchise movie sequels that's also white owned? Let's be truthful about the situation we don't own shyt and everything is already owned by whites and Jews. At least he makes the effort and not afraid to speak up on shyt and doing documentaries. And why shouldn't the Rock get paid? He busted his ass for the past 20 years in wrestling and now movies. Sounds like you belittling every positive move he makes in the name of money when Vin doesn't seem to make any effort at all unless it's press week. I understand Vin hires people of color behind the scene on this 1 franchise and even made his sister a producer but don't act like The Rock doesn't do that also. He has his own production company and makes it a point to work with other minorities in Hollywood in front of the camera and behind the scenes.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
So what you want him to do? Not do anything like Vin and only pop up during press week when you on a promo tour for your franchise movie sequels that's also white owned? Let's be truthful about the situation we don't own shyt and everything is already owned by whites and Jews. At least he makes the effort and not afraid to speak up on shyt and doing documentaries. And why shouldn't the Rock get paid? He busted his ass for the past 20 years in wrestling and now movies. Sounds like you belittling every positive move he makes in the name of money when Vin doesn't seem to make any effort at all unless it's press week. I understand Vin hires people of color behind the scenes and even made his sister a producer on the F&F series but don't act like The Rock doesn't do that also. He has his own production company and makes it a point to work with other minorities in Hollywood in front of the camera and behind the scenes.
Rock can do whatever he wants. I don't care.
You are the one trying to act like showing up on white owned black targeted media platforms means something, not me.
Lets be truthful, blacks do own studios Tyler Perry probably having the biggest one, there are black owned media distributors as well and the internet has made content distribution easy as hell for anyone to get on, so the defeatist tone you are taking lets me know what the deal is with you off the bat, but thats for another thread.
He makes an effort and isn't afraid to speak up on shyt, when he can profit, I got you.
I don't care about his resume or career accomplishments, it literally has nothing to do with what I've said.
I haven't belittled his accomplishments at all actually, I literally said I question Rock, because it seems to be he is trying to be the Studio house nikka and get Vin who has actually done things for black actors, writers, and directors out the picture.
Yes Rock has his own production company, he makes sure on ballers to hire minorities to play stereotypical c00ns, bucks, and wenches, while he plays a guy who is above it all and dates only white and italian women right? The people of power and substance on his show are all white, and the blacks are all immature schemers and leeches and potheads or broken mentally and physically. Got you Thanks Rock, who did he get to direct his Hercules movie? Who did he get casted in that film? Who did he get casted as his kids in San Andreas? Who did he get casted as his kid in the drug movie with Berry Pepper. What movie is the Rock's company doing about a pro-wrestler, who is it focused on again? Look say what you want, we're going to simply disagree with the Rock and his comfortableness being associated with being a black american.