James Cameron takes shots at Marvel and DC movies

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Did she write Terminator 2 also :dahell:
Not to mention those movies aren't considered damn near the pinnacle of action films because of their simple ass plots. Cameron's direction and innovations visually changed the game. nikkas be jumping out the window to protect these comic book flicks:dead::dead:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I think he isnt shytting on comic movies at all, just lack of character growth in the mcu. Ehat its been around for how many years and all the characters except dead stark and retired Cap are in the same place where they started. Worst case being thor who has regressed.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think he isnt shytting on comic movies at all, just lack of character growth in the mcu. Ehat its been around for how many years and all the characters except dead stark and retired Cap are in the same place where they started. Worst case being thor who has regressed.
That's actually very untrue:
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Wanda
Vision
Spiderman
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Gamora
And all the new characters introduced have shown growth and went from point A to B sometimes further in their 'character growth'. Niqqaz just make up shyt to complain about because they ain’t on top anymore.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
I think bottom line is that these directors , who are legends, hate the fact that if it weren’t for these comic book movies theatres would be even more on life support than they already are. Imo for these guys it comes down to the numbers and their legacy.I doubt that anyone under the age of 25 holds T2 up there like that. Which I think is also what these directors see as a problem.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That's actually very untrue:
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Wanda
Vision
Spiderman
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Gamora
And all the new characters introduced have shown growth and went from point A to B sometimes further in their 'character growth'. Niqqaz just make up shyt to complain about because they ain’t on top anymore.
Lol falcon just got a uniform change, no growth at all. Hell they reverted him from the end of endgame where he had the shield for the lame ass tv show.

Bucky hasnt grown since civil war, they even set him back in the aeries.

wanda regressed and now she is dead.

Vision didnt grow at all from the end of uktron and them he was killed.

Spiderman did show growth but only after the death of aunt may, which is a issue in itself but i'll say that.

Hawkeye showed no growth through out the mcu, he is arguably the same today as he eas in the first avengers. They dont even hammer home the fact that he actually has a family amd children in the good films (his family is just a plot device in civil war, never mentioned heavily before or after in a real sense), let alone the garbage tv show.

Black Widow ehat changed about her in any of the movies, lol, ehat growth? They didnt even do her death and supposed connection to the hulk/banner well in endgame.

Gamora was the dame theough out the guardian movies, growth isnt entering relationships. You would have a actual point if you said her sister Nebula showed growth.

Dying isnt character growth

Moving from plot points isnt character growth my man.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Keep
Lol falcon just got a uniform change, no growth at all. Hell they reverted him from the end of endgame where he had the shield for the lame ass tv show.

Bucky hasnt grown since civil war, they even set him back in the aeries.

wanda regressed and now she is dead.

Vision didnt grow at all from the end of uktron and them he was killed.

Spiderman did show growth but only after the death of aunt may, which is a issue in itself but i'll say that.

Hawkeye showed no growth through out the mcu, he is arguably the same today as he eas in the first avengers. They dont even hammer home the fact that he actually has a family amd children in the good films (his family is just a plot device in civil war, never mentioned heavily before or after in a real sense), let alone the garbage tv show.

Black Widow ehat changed about her in any of the movies, lol, ehat growth? They didnt even do her death and supposed connection to the hulk/banner well in endgame.

Gamora was the dame theough out the guardian movies, growth isnt entering relationships. You would have a actual point if you said her sister Nebula showed growth.

Dying isnt character growth

Moving from plot points isnt character growth my man.
Hmm . . . I guessed you missed Falcon and The Winter Soldier and the examination of his being Black in America with what happened to Isaiah Bradley and that leading to him being Cap. And you missed Bucky showing growth and repenting to the loved ones of his vic. tims.
Wanda made kids for herself and a family with Vision. That's growth.
Hawkeye turned to a killer once his family got dusted and repented, trained a younger archer and retired.
Black Widow also repented to Taskmaster and mended her spy family.
She went from being an untrusting bad guy to in love with an earthling and a good person helping her sister make the same transition.

Doing a job for a new realized altruistic reason, repenting past transgressions, starting a family and helping others get out of a traumatizing situation you were once in are all signs of growth.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
What a clown:mjlol:

Nobody cares about these Avatar puppets

Dawg waits 14 years to make a sequel and he talkin shyt about Marvel

Shut yo ass up

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Keep
Hmm . . . I guessed you missed Falcon and The Winter Soldier and the examination of his being Black in America with what happened to Isaiah Bradley and that leading to him being Cap. And you missed Bucky showing growth and repenting to the loved ones of his vic. tims.
Wanda made kids for herself and a family with Vision. That's growth.
Hawkeye turned to a killer once his family got dusted and repented, trained a younger archer and retired.
Black Widow also repented to Taskmaster and mended her spy family.
She went from being an untrusting bad guy to in love with an earthling and a good person helping her sister make the same transition.

Doing a job for a new realized altruistic reason, repenting past transgressions, starting a family and helping others get out of a traumatizing situation you were once in are all signs of growth.
lol, I literally mentioned the series in the breakdown of the characters.
Being black isn't character progression.

Wanda kidnapping a down and deluding herself in fantasy isn't character progression, especially when they wrap it up with a bow at the end of the series. Thats bad writting.

Hawkeye became a vigilante, not a killer, but he was already a government killer from the get go, so no that isn't a character arc or even a plot progression, especially since him returning to vigilantism isn't eeven handled in film or tv.

Black Widow didn't have to repent to Taskmaster, and in canon that happens before everything in the avengers and mcu kicks off, that isn't character growth in movie nor throughout her existance in the mcu.

In film there is no character growth for Black Widow, if they had multiple films with her being a soviet spy and then a movie with her rejecting that and coming over to shield and enventually working with Fury and the Avengers and culminating with her sacrificing her life, you would have had in universe or cannon character growth, that did not occur.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
lol, I literally mentioned the series in the breakdown of the characters.
Being black isn't character progression.

Wanda kidnapping a down and deluding herself in fantasy isn't character progression, especially when they wrap it up with a bow at the end of the series. Thats bad writting.

Hawkeye became a vigilante, not a killer, but he was already a government killer from the get go, so no that isn't a character arc or even a plot progression, especially since him returning to vigilantism isn't eeven handled in film or tv.

Black Widow didn't have to repent to Taskmaster, and in canon that happens before everything in the avengers and mcu kicks off, that isn't character growth in movie nor throughout her existance in the mcu.

In film there is no character growth for Black Widow, if they had multiple films with her being a soviet spy and then a movie with her rejecting that and coming over to shield and enventually working with Fury and the Avengers and culminating with her sacrificing her life, you would have had in universe or cannon character growth, that did not occur.
He was always Black but he was conflicted until talking and processing Isaiah's experience about being the new Cap.
It actually wasn't a neat bow if you see her in the Dr. Strange sequel.
I'm referring to the movies not canon.
All that occurred for Black Widow just not in linear order due to the set up of the MCU. So thanks for confirming her growth. lol

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
He was always Black but he was conflicted until talking and processing Isaiah's experience about being the new Cap.
It actually wasn't a neat bow if you see her in the Dr. Strange sequel.
I'm referring to the movies not canon.
All that occurred for Black Widow just not in linear order due to the set up of the MCU. So thanks for confirming her growth. lol

Conflicted with what? He was in the air Force developed the falcon suit and working in the avengers and under Col. James. There was no story arc in poor writing acting as if being black is new for a black person who grew up in the US and in roles where he interacts and has leadership with white poeple. Poor writing on the plot and character front.

Yes it was a neat bow, and seeing that I've literally refered to the events in the Doc Strange 2 movie, and pointed out that she died, this is another weak deflection.

I'm refering to the MCEU (the movies) cannon, what is contained within the movies or cinematic universe.

There was no growth of the Black widow character within the MCEU and ther was even poorer plotting and character development for her death, which is why it was hollow in endgame. A backstory after the character was introduced, lived, and died, being the exact same character, doesn't make up much for the critique that these characters have largely not grown being on film for over a decade.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Avatar 2 does not look too good.

Also Clark loves Lois & Batman is deeply affected by the loss of his parents & when Batman found out that his mom & Sups mom both had the same name it broke their hearts

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Conflicted with what? He was in the air Force developed the falcon suit and working in the avengers and under Col. James. There was no story arc in poor writing acting as if being black is new for a black person who grew up in the US and in roles where he interacts and has leadership with white poeple. Poor writing on the plot and character front.

Yes it was a neat bow, and seeing that I've literally refered to the events in the Doc Strange 2 movie, and pointed out that she died, this is another weak deflection.

I'm refering to the MCEU (the movies) cannon, what is contained within the movies or cinematic universe.

There was no growth of the Black widow character within the MCEU and ther was even poorer plotting and character development for her death, which is why it was hollow in endgame. A backstory after the character was introduced, lived, and died, being the exact same character, doesn't make up much for the critique that these characters have largely not grown being on film for over a decade.
Isaiah Bradley's experience and finding out there was another Cap is where he felt conflicted. He questioned his prior reasons for his military service.
I disagree, she ended the show seemingly contrite with her transgressions. We only find out she wasn't in Dr. Strange.
Wow, I cried when Black Widow died in End Game. I guess that shows how different we are on these movies/TV shows.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Isaiah Bradley's experience and finding out there was another Cap is where he felt conflicted. He questioned his prior reasons for his military service.
I disagree, she ended the show seemingly contrite with her transgressions. We only find out she wasn't in Dr. Strange.
Wow, I cried when Black Widow died in End Game. I guess that shows how different we are on these movies/TV shows.
Again so what, Isiah Bradley eperience isn't his experience.
questioning his prior military service while working for the same government is hollow and not character development.

Okay we will agree to disagree. In the show she tortured all those people, regressed as a character, and then turned to black magic and none of this is even explained in the movie or the tv show, she just mentally cracks and murders people for no reason. That isn't good story telling, or character bulding, that is jumping to plot points and thats why her arc in the MCEU is hollow, there is no progression, simply devolution of a character and then dead.

If you cried on the avenger movies, yeah you are right, we have two different views of these movies.