James Cameron takes shots at Marvel and DC movies

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Again so what, Isiah Bradley eperience isn't his experience.
questioning his prior military service while working for the same government is hollow and not character development.

Okay we will agree to disagree. In the show she tortured all those people, regressed as a character, and then turned to black magic and none of this is even explained in the movie or the tv show, she just mentally cracks and murders people for no reason. That isn't good story telling, or character bulding, that is jumping to plot points and thats why her arc in the MCEU is hollow, there is no progression, simply devolution of a character and then dead.

If you cried on the avenger movies, yeah you are right, we have two different views of these movies.
When you hear true verified information about something you are involved in that you were previously unaware of, yeah it can change you/your perspective.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
That's an oddly specific criticism...so because Avatar 2 has blue babies that makes DC and the MCU bad?

Man if Disney hadn't spent an ass of money on integrating Avatar into their theme parks all of these sequels would've stayed on bushed status....

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
When you hear true verified information about something you are involved in that you were previously unaware of, yeah it can change you/your perspective.
sure, but there is no reason why it would change HIS perspective in the story and universe that it is taking place in.
He worked with Rhoadie, who literally was Iron Man 2.
He worked with a killer who was brainwashed by a rival nation, and died sacrificing his life for the nation and Capt's life.

There is nothing in the movie or world setup that makes this crucial to Falcon's life or reflection of the world rather than a forced woke agenda.

It would have been better off if they went with the 70s era angry black man trope from the beginning for his character than what they actually did before trying to shoehorn this in as a character point for Falcon.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They have re-released Avatar multiple times in the past year. Inflated numbers.

Endgame overtook Avatar back in 2019 but Cameron and company didn't like that.

tickets were cheaper when Avatar released as well so you can't ignore that part.

Real Chart

Highest-grossing films as of 2021 adjusted for inflation
RankTitleWorldwide gross
(2021 $)
Year
1Gone with the Wind$3,922,000,0001939
2Avatar
film currently playing
A$3,505,000,0002009
3TitanicT$3,260,000,0001997
4Star Wars$3,221,000,0001977
5Avengers: EndgameAE$2,960,000,0002019
6The Sound of Music$2,697,000,0001965
7E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial$2,634,000,0001982
8The Ten Commandments$2,493,000,0001956
9Doctor Zhivago$2,363,000,0001965
10Star Wars: The Force AwakensTFA$2,330,000,0002015

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Lol falcon just got a uniform change, no growth at all. Hell they reverted him from the end of endgame where he had the shield for the lame ass tv show.

Bucky hasnt grown since civil war, they even set him back in the aeries.

wanda regressed and now she is dead.

Vision didnt grow at all from the end of uktron and them he was killed.

Spiderman did show growth but only after the death of aunt may, which is a issue in itself but i'll say that.

Hawkeye showed no growth through out the mcu, he is arguably the same today as he eas in the first avengers. They dont even hammer home the fact that he actually has a family amd children in the good films (his family is just a plot device in civil war, never mentioned heavily before or after in a real sense), let alone the garbage tv show.

Black Widow ehat changed about her in any of the movies, lol, ehat growth? They didnt even do her death and supposed connection to the hulk/banner well in endgame.

Gamora was the dame theough out the guardian movies, growth isnt entering relationships. You would have a actual point if you said her sister Nebula showed growth.

Dying isnt character growth

Moving from plot points isnt character growth my man.
I'm not going to hate on the Marvel movies, but they are what they are.... cartoons for grownups.

Cameron and Scorcese make real films. I wish they could make peace with it cause a Cameron doing a blockbuster comic book action movie, or Scorcese doing something with the Punisher and Kingpin would have my my all up in the theater day one.

Now that I think about it. That's the direction they need to be going.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm not going to hate on the Marvel movies, but they are what they are.... cartoons for grownups.

Cameron and Scorcese make real films. I wish they could make peace with it cause a Cameron doing a blockbuster comic book action movie, or Scorcese doing something with the Punisher and Kingpin would have my my all up in the theater day one.

Now that I think about it. That's the direction they need to be going.
Cameron has always made cartoons for adults.
I don't even think Cameron is hating, I legit belive he is saying these characters need to grow as the MCEU ages, not remain stagnant.
Maybe he just saw the Thor movie and feel the same way everyone else did with how they have regressed the Thor character.

Hell James is the reason the concept of space marines is even in the pop culture, his imagery in Aliens filtered to Japan the US and from US to Japan and back and forth.

Terminator, T2, True Lies, Abyss, Avatar, all big cartoons. Hell he produced Battle Angel Alita because he liked anime like most of us. So I wouldn't look at his critiques at all in the same vein as a guy like Scorcese.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
i never get why nikkas get mad at other directors for shytting on marvel movies. especially now that they're pretty much all ass in phase 4.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man's acting like niccas going to Avatar for "soul" or some shyt :dead:

Don't get it twisted, the current phase of superhero movies been mid for the most part but I bet any amount of money people felt more connection hearing "on your left", iron man dying, etc., then whatever the fukk be going on in them Avatar movies.

We gon act like Hawkeye didn't have a fam and was struggling with that. Wanda & Vision wasn't struggling with their love and how that fit into saving the world? These directors gotta stop it yo. Just keep it 💯 and say you mad these like the only movies left making bread and go :deadrose:

Cameron is an idiot. Only reason folks went to Avatar was for the special effects. Not for the story which was the usual white boy saves the savages story that has been done for 400 years. He also the weirdo that had a cut sex scene in the damn movie so the incels could get off watching some blue jokers fukk.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

These directors gotta stop it yo. Just keep it 💯 and say you mad these like the only movies left making bread and go :deadrose:

If he does over half of avatars box office I’ll eat my words.. :manny:

Hating ass directors are just mad that Marvel runs shyt now.

What a clown:mjlol:

Nobody cares about these Avatar puppets

Dawg waits 14 years to make a sequel and he talkin shyt about Marvel

Shut yo ass up

Avatar 2 does not look too good.

I don't know anyone that's hyped for the next Avatar movies.

Let's have a discussion :smile: