Jamaicans tell the truth on how Black Americans gave them rhyming, and two turntables

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Straight piff!!!! I've been saying for years (this video only confirms what I've been stated on this board) that you have to listen to the Jamaican OG's/pioneers because they tell the truth and openly admit where they got their ideas that birthed modern popular Jamaican music/sound system culture.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Straight piff!!!! I've been saying for years (this video only confirms what I've been stated on this board) that you have to listen to the Jamaican OG's/pioneers because they tell the truth and openly admit where they got their ideas that birthed modern popular Jamaican music/sound system culture.
The sad part is a lot will see this video, and still keep the lies going. shyt is sad that it’s people who look like you who do this

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I've never heard a Jamaican claim hip hop is Jamaican in my life. Coli brehs stay triggered by this issue BECAUSE they hate immigrants. Same reason a few brehs on this board hate on NY hip hop because all the rappers were not ADOS.

Hip Hop is an American art form. The most the history ever said was it has influences from dancehall culture never that it was actually Jamaican. influence is not origin... How come the people that were in NY not triggered by this?

thecoli.dumb
there are no lies. no Jamaicans ever claim hip hop. y'all stay mad over nothing :laff:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I've never heard a Jamaican claim hip hop is Jamaican in my life. Coli brehs stay triggered by this issue BECAUSE they hate immigrants. Same reason a few brehs on this board hate on NY hip hop because all the rappers were not ADOS.

Hip Hop is an American art form. The most the history ever said was it has influences from dancehall culture never that it was actually Jamaican. influence is not origin... How come the people that were in NY not triggered by this?

thecoli.dumb
there are no lies. no Jamaicans ever claim hip hop. y'all stay mad over nothing :laff:

This is lies!!!!! I've got receipts for days that would prove counter to what you just posted:usure:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is lies!!!!! I've got receipts for days that would prove counter to what you just posted:usure:
you got receipts that would prove that I've encountered Jamaicans who claim hip hop is theirs? are you even being serious right now... stop being triggered for a second and think about what you wrote. :dahell:

nah Jamaicans don't claim hip hop. y'all just love drama.

like nobody is fighting over this except people that don't like foreign brehs...

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I saw old pictures of Marley looking like an extra member of The Temptations, but did early Bob Marley & the Wailers sound like them too?
the acronym gang has no problem claiming the influence of doo wop over reggae but has a strong dislike for acknowledging the influence from dancehall in hip hop... strange :jbhmm:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
you got receipts that would prove that I've encountered Jamaicans who claim hip hop is theirs? are you even being serious right now... stop being triggered for a second and think about what you wrote. :dahell:

nah Jamaicans don't claim hip hop. y'all just love drama.

like nobody is fighting over this except people that don't like foreign brehs...

I don't know who YOU encountered; I'm talking the general feeling of Jamaicans' on HipHop's origin and the misleading history that they and other's have been passing as fact since the 1980's. Straight from the mouth of a younger generation of Jamaicans

they don't realize their facts are backwards:russ:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't know who YOU encountered; I'm talking the general feeling of Jamaicans' on HipHop's origin and the misleading history that they and other's have been passing as fact since the 1980's. Straight from the mouth of a younger generation of Jamaicans

they don't realize their facts are backwards:russ:

Jamaicans didn't mislead anybody :duck:

fake OUTRAGE fake beef... more diapora :slapfight:

the origin story came from NY from the people who were present and they have never taken issue with Kool Herc. Just some triggered folks online with a general bias against *foreign brehs. not even Kool Herc himself wrote that origin story. You are scapegoating them because people said Kool Herc was the godfather