Jamaican dancehall culture IS what American hip-hop culture wants to be...

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I don't feel you.

Dancehall artist can bleach themselves and become even bigger stars.

No dancehall artist has gone diamond

Not really worldwide music.

Hip hop > Dancehall
Where exactly are they supposed to go Diamond? The U.S? Don't get gassed cause African American culture has the platform to be heard & seen all around the world due to the groundwork laid by Imperialists. It doesn't make it better because it's more succesful at appealing to whites.

As for the bleacher, who's the gay rapper? :scusthov: All of em

I prefer Hip hop ofcourse, but the OP has a point, lets not forget rappers tryna emulate the street/concious style prevelant in dancehall and failing miserably most of the time.

YourSavior

Your Savior
Daps
Reppin
BOSTON
:whoa:

Bear with me here...

Most Dancehall stars dont write lyrics...

Most Dancehall stars that claim gangsta...really are.

Most Dancehall artists MUST freestlyle battle each other for respect.

Most dancehall stars still live in the ghetto (Jamaica is a 3rd world country)

When fans dont like an artist or there is a beef over mass approval between fans the artists will get thrown off stage (Follow Di Arrow anyone?)

'Sellout' artists get little home love (Sean Paul's been bottled in Jamaica ... NOT when he did Gimmie The Light...etc. but you know which songs...)

:patrice: feel me?

:whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa:

....lost me right there. FALSE.

The rest is a good point.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Dancehall is not worldwide :huhldup:

:whoa:

It is very international and has been for decades.

That was bs but my point still stands hip hop > dancehall.

dancehall hasent impacted like hip hop has.

Shaggy has gone Diamond, with HotShot :win:

fukk shaggy.

don't get gassed cause African American culture has the platform to be heard & seen all around the world due to the groundwork laid by Imperialists. It doesn't make it better because it's more succesful at appealing to whites.

People in europe, africa, asia, the americas prefer hip hop over dancehall. The only competition hip hop has is rock music....also invented by african americans ::youngsabo::whew:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
They play one dancehall song every weekend at the club here at Movidas... no one dances.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Hip hop wasnt created by a jamaican. Hip hop wasnt created by a single person period. It was a community that created hip hop, consisting mostly of african americans and latinos. The music of hip hop stemmed from funk and disco-also african american.Factz

Hip hop has inspired dancehall more than dancehall inspired hip hop. And hip hop is way more influential worldwide