Daps

:francis:

32 this year alone in 2023? Cot damn

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

This is why I don't wanna hear that "poverty" excuse. Badmind is endemic in all levels of Jamaican society.

And what they did to Usain is disgusting and unforgivable. The biggest Jamaican name since Bob Marley who has put the island on the map and has been more than a positive influence, yet this is the thanks he gets.

If you notice, many Jamaicans abroad who go back to visit have started staying in hotels now instead of with family. There's a reason for that. :hubie:

It's a shame for the genuinely good people there, but it's way too risky. Sad, because if the fukkery wasn't so prevalent they could easily be a first world island unrivaled but they don't seem to care that they're destroying their own legacy.

Last edited:

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
One thing I always say is that we need to start calling these so-called "bad man and bad gyal" by something less culturally acceptable or 'sexy'. We need to start calling them for what they really are: serial killers, accomplices, cult members, satanists, etc. Make it unpalatable to the youth in the schools and that's one part of the battle solved.

We really need to start looking at the female role in it too. Somebody is hiding the guns, a lookout for the police, washing the blood out the clothes, setting people up, helping with the scamming, etc. They can be just as toxic and criminal.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
One thing I always say is that we need to start calling these so-called "bad man and bad gyal" by something less culturally acceptable or 'sexy'. We need to start calling them for what they really are: serial killers, accomplices, cult members, satanists, etc. Make it unpalatable to the youth in the schools and that's one part of the battle solved.

We really need to start looking at the female role in it too. Somebody is hiding the guns, a lookout for the police, washing the blood out the clothes, setting people up, helping with the scamming, etc. They can be just as toxic and criminal.

Totally agree with this. That culture needs to be extremely shamed to the point no one wants any part of it. I knew of a dude years ago who literally got murdered just for minding his own business. Yup, you read that right. He used to take his little brother school, worked hard to help out the family and didn't involve himself in any bullshyt. Sadly, some dumb, illiterate motherfukkers resented him for it and he got murdered in a bar. There's countless we all know of personally where innocent civilians have been murdered out of jealousy or greed.

But let idiots like Umar tell you that if you actually have some sense and ambition and choose to move out that type of environment, then bad shyt that happens there is all your fault. 🙄

PerrinN

All Star
Daps
Wanted to go back home on holiday but I think I'll go somewhere else in the Caribbean which is mad:wow:
I follow quite a few of these European "dancers" on Instagram and they go to Jamaica every few months, they can go in ghettos and never feel unsafe while I'm here paranoid about even thinking about booking a flight

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

This is why I don't wanna hear that "poverty" excuse. Badmind is endemic in all levels of Jamaican society.

And what they did to Usain is disgusting and unforgivable. The biggest Jamaican name since Bob Marley who has put the island on the map and has been more than a positive influence, yet this is the thanks he gets.

If you notice, many Jamaicans abroad who go back to visit have started staying in hotels now instead of with family. There's a reason for that. :hubie:

It's a shame for the genuinely good people there, but it's way too risky. Sad, because if the fukkery wasn't so prevalent they could easily be a first world island unrivaled but they don't seem to care that they're destroying their own legacy.

The way yall talk about large swaths of people is absolutely sick to me. 80 - 90 percent of Jamaicans are trying to live their life and you have a small percentage causing chaos. Don't go in to that animalistic projectionism

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The way yall talk about large swaths of people is absolutely sick to me. 80 - 90 percent of Jamaicans are trying to live their life and you have a small percentage causing chaos. Don't go in to that animalistic projectionism

Well that chaos is a major problem for the rest. We have friends and family there so we know what we're talking about.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Mexico had 666... in 8 days

Why does no one think of Mexico in the same vain is Iraq, Syria, etc. Its literally worse. Hell on earth.
Because there’s something called ‘per capita.’

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Roger Steffens: Bob’s life came within inches of ending on December 3, 1976, when a carload of assassins drove into a suddenly unguarded Tuff Gong at 56 Hope Road and opened fire on everyone in sight. The Smile Jamaica concert, headlined by Marley, was to take place two nights later, and the atmosphere in the city was tense and filled with violence.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

A Robbery Gone Wrong​

On 11 September 1987, just after Tosh had returned to his home in Jamaica, a three-man gang came to his house on motorcycles demanding money.[11][12] Tosh replied that he did not have any with him but the gang did not believe him. They stayed at his residence for several hours and tortured Tosh in an attempt to extort money from him. Over the hours, as various associates of Tosh arrived to visit him, they were also taken hostage by the gunmen. The gunmen became more and more frustrated, especially the chief thug, Dennis "Leppo" Lobban, a man whom Tosh had previously befriended and tried to help find work after a long jail sentence.[11] Tosh said he did not have any money in the house, after which Lobban and the fellow gunmen began opening fire in a reckless manner. Tosh was shot twice in the head and killed. Herbalist Wilton "Doc" Brown and disc jockey Jeff 'Free I' Dixon also died as a result of wounds sustained during the robbery. Several others in the house were wounded, including Tosh's common law wife Andrea Marlene Brown, Free I's wife Yvonne ("Joy"); Tosh's drummer Carlton "Santa" Davis, and musician Michael Robinson.[13][14]

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Jamaica is full to the brim of rapist, serial killers(badman), pedophiles, and scam artist. Has been for about 50 years and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I roll my eyes at all that flag waving and faux pride I see abroad the country is rotten to its soul and if you knew enough Jamaicans who are actually from Jamaica they'd tell you themselves

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mexico had 666... in 8 days

Why does no one think of Mexico in the same vain is Iraq, Syria, etc. Its literally worse. Hell on earth.
they do.