Reppin
Heed Breed.
549a11d8da273283521384.gif

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally got around to seeing this. I work in news so a lot of this shyt was hilarious. Stringers don't have that much power, and usually don't get anything better than our actual photographers get. And with everyone putting everything on social media nowadays stringers are even more irrelevant. But I get that the whole thing is a satire of the whole "if it bleeds it leads" local tv news cycle so it worked in that sense.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This just popped up on Amazon Prime, so I figured I'd check it out. I didn't watch any of the trailers, so this wasn't at all what I expected.

He looks almost exactly like a combination of Christian Bale's and Jared Leto's characters from American Psycho.
I'd say American Psycho is the movie most similar to this, right down to the ending.

I'm wondering if one of the reasons people in this thread had a problem with the ending was that they didn't view this as a satire the whole time. It wasn't as blatant as American Psycho, but I do think it was kind of a satire as opposed to a "realistic" portrait of the news industry. For example, they way they were feeding lines to the newscasters on screen from the control booth. That can't be meant to be realistic, can it? (Though the newscaster's on camera dialog seemed EXACTLY like what you'd hear on a cheap local news broadcast).

Finally got around to seeing this. I work in news so a lot of this shyt was hilarious. Stringers don't have that much power, and usually don't get anything better than our actual photographers get. And with everyone putting everything on social media nowadays stringers are even more irrelevant. But I get that the whole thing is a satire of the whole "if it bleeds it leads" local tv news cycle so it worked in that sense.

:ohhh: Didn't actually think of it at the time, but modern technology makes many of the plot elements dated already. This must have been written back in the 90's, now that I think about it. There's a scene early on when (I think) Bill Paxton's character mentions that he should get a special satellite uplink van to upload his footage to his FTP site. Nowadays, the average cell phone has enough bandwidth to take care of that no problem. Plus the camcorder he bought at the beginning looked like it might have been mini VHS.

They probably should have used older model cars and just set the movie in 1998.

Speaking of which, that was maybe the greatest car chase I've ever seen on film. Everything moved like it had real mass and momentum. If there was CGI involved, it was totally undetectable.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is a Netflix Documentary show that follows dudes that do this kind of work.

Sure the actual movie was over the top, but it was pretty accurate to what I've seen in that Docu-Series. The movie might have low-key inspired the producers of the show to really tell their story now that I'm thinking about it

EDIT: I found it... Name of the show is Shot in the Dark

Check out "Shot in the Dark" on Netflix
www.netflix.com/title/80171561?source=android

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
as evil as he was...i still rooted for him

:guilty:
Nah, I never was really rooting for dude. As a camera guy myself, I understand the game that was portrayed in this film, but dude took it to a whole different level. Ruthless would be an understatement. And by the time of the end of this movie, I was legit like, "wow whoever wrote this shyt really is indifferent about morality"

:russ:

Lou was really one of the most tasteless despicable human beings I've seen acted out. Jake did his thing for sure with this one.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Demonic movie, dude exhibited traits of a serial killer I was hoping someone would kill him where he was standing, just a straight up lame demonic loser.

Trash movie by the way, waste of time.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I thought I made the thread in this lol.

He was creepy as fukk, but news is like this now.