Jae Crowder upset that Celtic fans were cheering for Gordon Hayward

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Even the days of pierce, Ray and KG the way the fans cheered overly loud for scalabrine rubbed me the wrong way.

Breh, chill.

Pierce got M-V-P chants every night during the Big 3 era.

KG was a fan favorite.

People cheered on Scalabrine because we all KNEW (blacks and cacs, alike) that Scalabrine was a helpless yet lovable cac who played his best (what little it was) for the Cs.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The celtics for example have Damn near annually went out of their way to keep mediocre white players or go after them for years now...

The same can be said for the Pats.

But what does it matter both franchises are historically dominate franchises and have brought championships to the area....That's just the assessment of the area from people who don't live there...If you think otherwise as a resident of the area your most definitely entitled to that opinion my Breh.

Nah. That's where y'all lose credibility.

Boston is NOT an open ass racist city. Has it shown portions of racism? Yes. Has there been a racist history? Yes. Is there covert racism? Yes.

But when you start accusing THE CELTICS or even the PATRIOTS of racism, you lose credibility. If Boston has anything going for it in terms of sports and racism, it has been in the forefront of progressivism and racial inclusion from jump. People forget that the Boston Celtics are the most progressive organization in basketball. People forget that it as DEION BRANCH--not Tom Brady--who was THE hero in Boston after their Super Bowl victory.

I'll NEVER advertise Boston as perfect or even an example to acknowledge but the Coli slander on Boston has long been getting out of head. And I hope me, my posting, and the other Coli brehs from Boston have shown that there IS a strong black presence in Boston.

If there's ANYTHING in Boston that's inclusive, it's the sports.

And I bet you forgot that Bobby Brown/New Edition and Patrice O'Neal are from Boston.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
The celtics for example have Damn near annually went out of their way to keep mediocre white players or go after them for years now...

The same can be said for the Pats.

But what does it matter both franchises are historically dominate franchises and have brought championships to the area....That's just the assessment of the area from people who don't live there...If you think otherwise as a resident of the area your most definitely entitled to that opinion my Breh.

I got you breh. And I appreciate the convo with you.

But I MUST diasgree when you say that Boston goes out of its way to appreciate white athletes.

Patriots? OK, I don't think it's intentional but it happens. Edelman. Lengel. Hogan....ok we see a theme. But I think it's foolish to judge a city on its sports team. And even the Patriots boast more black stars than white. Blount, Bennett, Butler (da gawd :blessed:), Hightower, Flowers, Lewis, White, Mitchell >>>>>>>Brady, Gronk, Edelman. But we understand that football is a racist sport and that the NFL aint shyt.

All other teams, no. Again, look at the 07-08 Big 3. Cs stans went HARD for Pierce to win FMVP. Cs fans LOVED KG. We even loved Ray until he turned Judas.

Even the Red Sox, David Ortiz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other player.

Daps
Nah, Boston is exceptionally racist. Stop trynna spin it with this whole the rest of America is racist. We ain't talking about the rest of the country.
Y'all just say this but never back it up.

Explain how racist is Boston any more racist than NYC. I've cited several examples of NYC's racist acts (defended by the system) AND racist policies, all y'all come with is comments from random twitter nobodies. :camby:

Daps
The Pats just claimed a Black WR off waivers who was found sleeping, drunk behind the wheel of his car because they're racist....yea, ok. Claiming Floyd fit perfectly with their M.O. which is targeting guys they perceive to be undervalued. That's also why they tend to have more white skill players than the average team. They're picking guys who are undervalued as it minimizes their risk if they don't pan out. Y'all trying to spin that as them trying to push some white guy at the skill position agenda is retarded. They're trying to win football games you dummies and judging by their record it's working! If Brady was Black, y'all would be claiming they refuse to make him the highest paid QB cuz he's Black. Y'all agenda is so transparent.

Anyone claiming the Celtics are racist is just plain ignorant and not worth arguing with. The C's are the most racially progressive franchise NBA history.

The Red Sox do have a racist past, maybe the most racist franchise in all of American sports, won't argue with that one.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
"A Flea Market of Racism"

" His fierce pride (which the media called “a bad attitude”) mixed about as well with Boston fans as a John Ashcroft sing along at the Apollo Theater. The result was that the greatest player in Boston team sports history was the target of a constant campaign of racial harassment. When Russell tried to move from his home in the Boston suburb of Reading to a new home across town, neighbors filed a petition trying to block the move. When that failed, other neighbors banded together to try to purchase the home that Russell wanted to buy, said Tom Heinsohn, a close friend of Russell’s who played with him from 1956 to 1964. Once, vandals broke into Russell’s home and defecated on his bed. Heinsohn said two white sportswriters from Boston told him they wouldn’t vote Russell the league’s most valuable player because he was Black.

Russell’s achievements during his days in Boston, from 1956 to 1969, drew national acclaim but never won locals fans’ hearts the way later Boston sports heroes did, from hockey player Bobby Orr to baseball player Carl Yastrzemski to basketball player Larry Bird. Despite all the rings, the Boston Garden averaged 8,406 fans during Russell’s playing career, thousands short of a sellout. “We always sold out on the road, but rarely when we played at home,” said Satch Sanders, who played with the Celtics from 1960 to 1973. By contrast, the Celtics teams led by Larry Bird in the 1980s sold out the 14,890-seat Garden for 662 straight games, from 1980 to 1995. “I didn’t play for Boston,” he once said, “I played for the Celtics.” Another time he called Boston a “Flea Market of Racism.”

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Will always be a celtics fan, always have been, but I don't see the need for people to come in here and cape for the Boston fans. If you think that these folks define you as a fan and you have to come in here to defend the city, that sh1t is stupid. I have been to over 100 games at every manifestation of the garden, and a good many of the fans are racist, some subtlety, some in your face with it. I would always cringe when the fans would go extra in cheering for Scalabrine and that stupid fukking geno sh1t, that being said, a lot of the fans don't even realize what they are projecting with that sh1t.
You don't have to defend racism or the sh1thole of a city to support your team, fukk all that, there are a lot of folks in here that are just salty about how bad their team has been, and that they are not fans of a team with such a dominant and rich history as an organization, those people are just trolling, but if there is anybody in here that really is offended by the city of Boston, because of the racist history, they have every right to be, but that doesn't equate to all fans of the team being racist.
As an aside, I personally do not see the Durant is a b1tch t-shirt as racist, I just think Durant is a b1tch, and you can't tell me nothing about that.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
The Pats just claimed a Black WR off waivers who was found sleeping, drunk behind the wheel of his car because they're racist....yea, ok. Claiming Floyd fit perfectly with their M.O. which is targeting guys they perceive to be undervalued. That's also why they tend to have more white skill players than the average team. They're picking guys who are undervalued as it minimizes their risk if they don't pan out. Y'all trying to spin that as them trying to push some white guy at the skill position agenda is retarded. They're trying to win football games you dummies and judging by their record it's working! If Brady was Black, y'all would be claiming they refuse to make him the highest paid QB cuz he's Black. Y'all agenda is so transparent.

Anyone claiming the Celtics are racist is just plain ignorant and not worth arguing with. The C's are the most racially progressive franchise NBA history.

The Red Sox do have a racist past, maybe the most racist franchise in all of American sports, won't argue with that one.

But even they played Manny, Mo Vaughn, and Carl Everett when most other teams wouldn't even touch them. :manny:

Who is going down as the most famous Red Sox player of all time? David Ortiz.

Who's everyone's favorite pitcher in Beantown? Pedro.

Say what you want about Boston but we've seen it all racially and we're ahead of the curve. Be about yours and stay in your lane and you'll EAT. Work hard,party hard. I'll NEVER hate on Boston. From the history to the culture to the teams.:ufdup:

Daps
Will always be a celtics fan, always have been, but I don't see the need for people to come in here and cape for the Boston fans. If you think that these folks define you as a fan and you have to come in here to defend the city, that sh1t is stupid. I have been to over 100 games at every manifestation of the garden, and a good many of the fans are racist, some subtlety, some in your face with it. I would always cringe when the fans would go extra in cheering for Scalabrine and that stupid fukking geno sh1t, that being said, a lot of the fans don't even realize what they are projecting with that sh1t.
You don't have to defend racism or the sh1thole of a city to support your team, fukk all that, there are a lot of folks in here that are just salty about how bad their team has been, and that they are not fans of a team with such a dominant and rich history as an organization, those people are just trolling, but if there is anybody in here that really is offended by the city of Boston, because of the racist history, they have every right to be, but that doesn't equate to all fans of the team being racist.
As an aside, I personally do not see the Durant is a b1tch t-shirt as racist, I just think Durant is a b1tch, and you can't tell me nothing about that.

C'mon breh, you were in the building and couldn't see the sarcasm in that? Those cheers were literally accompanied by laughter. :comeon:

The Celtics fan base was never clamoring for Scal to get more PT, or treating him like he was some great player. He was a joke and consistently disrespected. So much so, that he did that one-on-one challenge to shyt on fans to remind them that no matter how trash you thought he was, he was still an NBA-level talent
Brian Scalabrine dominated the competition in Boston one-on-one challenge

But even they played Manny, Mo Vaughn, and Carl Everett when most other teams wouldn't even touch them. :manny:

Say what you want about Boston but we've seen it all racially and we're ahead of the curve. Be about yours and stay in your lane and you'll EAT. Work hard,party hard. I'll NEVER hate on Boston. From the history to the culture to the teams.:ufdup:

I was referring to the racist past of the Red Sox. I don't think they're particularly racist today or recently.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
He's not Chauncey Billups :mjlol: just because one player does something doesn't mean the next can.

Smart is older and hasn't missed time due to injury, again, you're trying to make this point in a season where Smart is shooting 36% from the field and 29% from three. How much of an impact would he be making if Thomas wasn't putting together an all-time season for a tiny man, the two teams have similar records and Smart plays 9 more minutes to score 3 more points, 1 more rebound and 2 more assists. Yeah, he's head and shoulders above Exum :stopitslime:

Lesbianest breh, both players ain't shyt :ufdup:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps

Media and fans shytted on Manny.

Schilling was whole heartedly embraced more than Pedro. Please don't cape for Yawkey and the Red Sox bring the last mlb to integrate.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Media and fans shytted on Manny.

Schilling was whole heartedly embraced more than Pedro. Please don't cape for Yawkey and the Red Sox bring the last mlb to integrate.

Bruh, Manny was a crazy guy. Naturally, many people hated him for his antics. And many also loved him. Race had nothing to do with his situation.

And LIES about Schilling being more embraced in Boston than Pedro:Wrong: :stopitslime::GhostfaceStare::rudy:

Daps