Jada Pinkett Smith's Memoir is a Flop | 🟥 Newsweek.com

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
this specific list is for the week of october 22. (this week). There are two data points in the screenshot that highlight this.

Fair enough but her book just dropped, we'll have to see how her book does the following weeks to see if it's not just people clicking on it cause it's new. And it still doesn't mean it didn't flop.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Britney Spears over shadowed her. Jada thought she could use Will and Pac to sell her book. What she don’t realize is people actually like Will and Pac…they don’t care about her. :mjlol:

SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS THE MAIN CHARACTER. :laff:

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
People want

81vDJs6PfYL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

SHE NEED TO TALK ABOUT ALL THE HOLLYWOOD/MUSICIANS AND RANDOM DUDES WHO HIT

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
For someone who's so invested in productivity, what is productive about hearing Jada's perspective on anything?

No sarcasm, I'm genuinely curious about what you expect to get out of reading her memoirs when she's done so much gaslighting, how seriously are you taking her here and are you learning anything worth knowing?

I believe there's great value in understanding the full picture of a person. I have a few options here: ignore the whole situation, focus on social media clips and criticisms about her, or read the book that's central to the discussion. I chose the latter because I think it's unproductive to discuss Jada without knowing much about her beyond her "Red Table Talk" appearances.

From the chapters I've read, it's clear she had a tough childhood. her father left, and her mother was an addict. Such an environment shapes one's world view, hard to change even with all the resources she might have. I expected the book to give insight into her relationship with Will, but it offers more due to its therapeutic nature. This is deliberate. At the end of each chapter, she speaks to the reader, encouraging reflection on personal experiences. Having been in therapy for almost a year now, I find journaling, like she suggests, beneficial in addressing my grief.

Starting the book, I was skeptical about Jada's intentions – "Is she just trying to make a quick buck?" or "Does she hate her husband?" Though I'm early into the book, so far it feels sincere. The writing might seem a bit amateurish, but I won't hold that against her.

:hubie:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I believe there's great value in understanding the full picture of a person. I have a few options here: ignore the whole situation, focus on social media clips and criticisms about her, or read the book that's central to the discussion. I chose the latter because I think it's unproductive to discuss Jada without knowing much about her beyond her "Red Table Talk" appearances.

From the chapters I've read, it's clear she had a tough childhood. her father left, and her mother was an addict. Such an environment shapes one's world view, hard to change even with all the resources she might have. I expected the book to give insight into her relationship with Will, but it offers more due to its therapeutic nature. This is deliberate. At the end of each chapter, she speaks to the reader, encouraging reflection on personal experiences. Having been in therapy for almost a year now, I find journaling, like she suggests, beneficial in addressing my grief.

Starting the book, I was skeptical about Jada's intentions – "Is she just trying to make a quick buck?" or "Does she hate her husband?" Though I'm early into the book, so far it feels sincere. The writing might seem a bit amateurish, but I won't hold that against her.

:hubie:
What's the value is knowing about Jada tho?

Like, that's my question here, she's not a philosopher or someone who's shown traits of an outlier you can learn from, is it just her celebrity?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Jada is a rare case of a woman taking an L for shytting on her man.

People, especially black women, love Will and feel like Jada is a piece of shyt for making a mid life career out of embarrassing that man.
The only thing people liked about Jada is that she was very attractive.
Which even that isn't a factor for her anymore, its long time from her Woo days.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
What's the value is knowing about Jada tho?

Like, that's my question here, she's not a philosopher or someone who's shown traits of an outlier you can learn from, is it just her celebrity?

It's a much simpler equation for me, I enjoy reading and since all of the discussion about Jada is related to her dropping a new book, it was a no brainer for me. I'm interested in hearing her story, who she is as a person isn't as much a draw for me as the reaction people have to her.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It's a much simpler equation for me, I enjoy reading and since all of the discussion about Jada is related to her dropping a new book, it was a no brainer for. I'm interested in hearing her story, who she is as a person isn't as much a draw for me as the reaction people have to her.
Ah okay so it was just about being hip to the discussions other people were having (albeit for petty/drama filled reasons)

That DOES fall under "her celebrity" imo

But i get it :manny: pop culture knowledge mixed with enjoying reading