Jack Harlow- 'Come Home The Kids Miss You' (Album Discussion Thread)

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
jack isnt terrrible hes a decent rapper hes just boring...idk albums just mid. isnt bad isnt great

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Yup. a few BW I’ve interacted with, rock wit him

:manny:

Not bad. Got the tiller, static, drake co-sign. The next white boy experiment. The thing is, he sounds ambiguous on a track, you would think he’s a black guy rapping.

There’s definitely a push tho.
Paul Wall sounds more ambiguous. This cac sounds like imagine @Bless't sound like, blaccent and all

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
I thought jacks first album was pretty solid for what it was honestly...no hes not nearly mac miller or on that level but his first album was great and second was decent

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I can see why teenagers and 20 somethings would like him, but in my mid 30s I can say this album not for me. He's doing a bad Drake impression on most of it too.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Atlantic is pushing dude very hard, to see to it that he's everywhere right now. Paying for a lot of writers and producers to pretty much make sure dude becomes a household name.

Last project had like 15 writers and 40 producers on it. That's the industry these days. They're manufacturing rappers now. It's a 360 deal, but it's dope that my guy Don Cannon is seeing a nice check from it.

:damn::damn:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not to discredit what he said but when you sample a song the person you’ve sampled also is listed as a songwriter and depending on who produced the original they’ll want producing credits also

I took it as him meaning tents/a box of pens and pads:francis:. A lots of these cats have writers and still sound trash.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nothing wrong with being the GOAT lite :yeshrug: also he's upfront with the Drake influence,

Listening now, good stuff on here, production is great

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
When you're on Drake's level, it does nothing for you. He has to make music for multiple demos when he drops. Dropping an album for that niche fanbase into bars will never make financial sense to someone at Drake's status.

If Drake still cared about being the best, he would do it. Even when Eminem was making the most pop-sounding, Mountain Dew-drinking music of his career, he was still coming out with songs like "On Fire" and "Evil Twin." But Drake hasn't cared about being the best since before the ghostwriting allegations.