Jack Harlow- 'Come Home The Kids Miss You' (Album Discussion Thread)

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Never heard a Jack Harlow track before at least one I knew was his, had to spin this out of curiosity.

About what I expected. Rap equivalent of a baloney sandwich on Wonderbread :mjlol:

How you gonna be a rap star with this little swag? Dude's gonna be a star though, got the machine behind him and teenage white kids gonna eat this up

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
listened to a few of the tracks, watched a few videos.. someone above mentioned that he comes across as inauthentic -- that's the feeling I get from this dude, pause

he's a cac doing a basic black man imitation, from the way we walk, dap, dress. insane that he's getting attention like this, a zillion black men could have filled his role in the game

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this whole album is Drake-lite.

Young “Harleezy” definitely a play off of Drizzy.

Production on this record is amazing. Mixed very cleanly, some nice samples and grooves on it. The raps are just super mid. He ain’t saying or talking about shyt and the bars ain’t hard or clever.

I will say he know how flow and ride a beat so the records don’t sound terrible. I just hate the Drizzy comparisons because he not rapping like the boy at all who actually has bars and some depth in music. Jack just not creative enough

leoc

All Star
Daps

Production on this record is amazing. Mixed very cleanly, some nice samples and grooves on it. The raps are just super mid. He ain’t saying or talking about shyt and the bars ain’t hard or clever.

I will say he know how flow and ride a beat so the records don’t sound terrible. I just hate the Drizzy comparisons because he not rapping like the boy at all who actually has bars and some depth in music. Jack just not creative enough

thought it was a play on “weezy”, and he does mention wayne in the song

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

Yeah you can tell A LOT of money went into the production of this album. All the samples clearances and engineering.

I agree on the lack of substance and creativity in his music. I feel like thats the one thing he forgot to copy paste from Drake when he borrowed his flows, rhyme schemes, and swagger. He's missing the vulnerability Drake shows in his music too. But otherwise its clear to me he's very heavily influenced by Drake.

At the end of the day this is bubble gum pop music. White people will eat it up and catapult dude to the top of the game since they been desperate for a "cool white rapper" for a minute. You're already starting to see it with how the Fergie flip is making noise, despite it being a mid record rapping wise.