Ja Morant Is Back To His Old Ways; Caught With Another Gun On IG Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He should have done that the first time and not believed anything that Ja said especially considering they didn’t even do a decent of faking rehab portion of rehabilitation right.

Silver the NBA wanted him back out there just as bad as the Grizzles did.
Nah, I agree with what he did. Punishment should escalate with severity and repetition.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nah, I agree with what he did. Punishment should escalate with severity and repetition.
Is that the case though or more so the league dropping the hammer and trying to save face from Ja making them look like a fool from the first slap on the risk? I would say a combination of both especially with the criticism we‘ve all said over the years about how friendly and too lenient Silver is.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
He should have done that the first time and not believed anything that Ja said especially considering they didn’t even do a decent of faking rehab portion of rehabilitation right. Everyone knew what it was the moment he got out of rehab after only a week.

Silver and the NBA wanted him back out there just as bad as the Grizzles did.
And that’s why silver gotta save face and bush Ja lol

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
All these think pieces
full

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Starting to think that gambling being embedded / embraced by the NBA factored into Silver's light penalty the first time. Suspending Morant for rest of season + playoffs potentially could have impacted Western conference standings/seeding, ratings, and outcome of playoffs. Thinking of all the bets that were already laid.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Is that the case though or more so the league dropping the hammer and trying to save face from Ja making them look like a fool from the first slap on the risk? I would say a combination of both especially with the criticism we‘ve all said over the years about how friendly and too lenient Silver is.
Ja said he’d fix the problem. He didn’t. Make his punishment more severe this time.

Don’t make this more complicated than it is.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Ja said he’d fix the problem. He didn’t. Make his punishment more severe this time.

Don’t make this more complicated than it is.
Saying Silver and the league deserve blame and culpability for what’s transpired isn’t making it complicated at all.

Silver has been too lenient and player friendly and it came back to haunt him.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Starting to think that gambling being embedded / embraced by the NBA factored into Silver's light penalty the first time. Suspending Morant for rest of season + playoffs potentially could have impacted Western conference standings/seeding, ratings, and outcome of playoffs. Thinking of all the bets that were already laid.

It definitely did.
They thought Memphis had a chance to do something in the playoffs and didn't want to mess up their season too bad.

If the controversy happened in December, he probably would have gotten back around the same time.

However, the Grizzlies flopped and Ja went back to being the same old dummy. A whole season suspension is warranted now because they got off easy.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It definitely did.
They thought Memphis had a chance to do something in the playoffs and didn't want to mess up their season too bad.

If the controversy happened in December, he probably would have gotten back around the same time.

However, the Grizzlies flopped and Ja went back to being the same old dummy. A whole season suspension is warranted now because they got off easy.
Yeah, the gambling part went completely over my head. I thought it was Adam Silver being soft. It was actually Silver protecting the Gold.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Saying Silver and the league deserve blame and culpability for what’s transpired isn’t making it complicated at all.

Silver has been too lenient and player friendly and it came back to haunt him.
Again, I don't believe in delivering harsh penalties for first time offenders. I think given the situation, his first punishment for Ja was fine. Most players won't push their luck after making the rounds from commissioner, owner, and endorsers.

There are many factors that go into making decisions such as punishing a star player, especially when the offense is non-criminal. I'll give Silver the benefit of the doubt considering he has far more information than we are privy to.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Again, I don't believe in delivering harsh penalties for first time offenders. I think given the situation, his first punishment for Ja was fine. Most players won't push their luck after making the rounds from commissioner, owner, and endorsers.

There are many factors that go into making decisions such as punishing a star player, especially when the offense is non-criminal. I'll give Silver the benefit of the doubt considering he has far more information than we are privy to.
Ja wasn’t a first time offender though. That’s my point.

It was a repeated pattern of behavior that went uncheck until the gun in the club situation forced their hand.

I’ve said before that he should have gotten punished or at least fined for threatening the fan on social media last year with hollow points.

Status
Not open for further replies.