J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
There’s not much of anything overrated about the production on TPAB. It was a beautifully orchestrated album sonically pulled together by a team of masters at their craft

In the same vein, ain’t nothing on that album that suggests that Kendrick is the best rapper on earth or some lyrical juggernaut. Gifted songwriter, great storyteller, dope rapper.

But he’s not no god emcee. He’s more captivating than most of his peers, but not enough to be calling it a top 10 hip hop album.

There’s not that many classic verses or standout moments. It’s just a cohesively, dense great sounding body of work
All im getting from this is that it isn't your favorite album, so it can't be one of the best rap albums :manny:

You can't name one egregious flaw, but yet you still discount it. Nothing wrong with not holding it in that regard, but it's clear that your main reason for that is because the older classics are already cemented in your mind

A classic verse is subjective. What one group considers classic won't be to another. See how the majority of Southern hip hop gets left out of classic hip hop discussion save for some outkast and geto boys albums

And I get it

Where I'm from, joe camel has no classics as far as we're concerned. Can't name one classic verse or stand out quotables. Here on the coli it's a different story of course. Curren$y would be the closest thing to me what the camel is to yall, but he ain't gonna get his due since he's a new orleans nikka not named dwayne Carter

But in terms of a boss rap nikka that can do slick talk and spit motivational shyt about getting money, he's consistently been one of the best to me

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Wow...the optics on this are bad lmao...I mean if he waited six months to a year and said "It was just some competitive sport shyt for fun, I got love for Kendrick" no one would blink...but three days later? Come on, stand on the shyt you JUST put out!

Huge L. Say what you want about Drake but he'd never fold this quick.

rdot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
200w.gif