Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
As someone who has been underwhelmed by a lot of his post-mixtape music i'm enjoying this.

He definitely sounds a lot more confident as a rapper. Like he's a seasoned pro at this now. The production is very good throughout. Some interesting choices.

I still think there's something missing with Cole. It's dependable music but i'm not sure it's very inspired. There's a lot of 8/10's on this shyt. Not sure there's a 10/10. And that kinda sums Cole up. And there's nothing wrong with that but it's why I can't look at him as an elite level artist.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Expand on this for me, please breh :ohhh:

It's like dude just vanished and I've always wondered why :ohhh:

Like most artist he was in a shytty contract, when they wouldn't let him get out he just basically stopped recording so they couldn't eat off him. So he just went the DJ/EDM lane

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Pleasantly surprised.

Look forward to sitting with and dissecting this.

On first listen, I think it's like a poster earlier in the thread mentioned.

Cole's "Blueprint"

:wow:

"95 South" used the same sample from "U Don't Know," right? Sounded really familiar.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Did anyone notice that Micheal B Jordan line on 100 Mil was really close to that Drake bar on Lucky Lefty, that leak from a couple months ago. It’s almost the same bar

“Micheal B Jordan call you right now you answering” - Drake (Lucky Lefty)

“Don’t care if it’s Micheal B Jordan calling my woman she ain’t never picking up” - J. Cole (100 Mil)

Was that a shot ?

Yeah I caught this...Random for him to sub like that Drake and Him been cool.
Might have found out he tried to get at his women or something :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
First week predictions? I'm thinking no less than 550K

Its been three years so his fanbase will be eager to stream/buy the shyt out of this plus he’s receiving a TON of good word of mouth via social media so he’ll get some casual listens off that.

550k seems plausible. It would be his highest debuting album sales wise if he reaches that number