Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Is this just a mixtape because he's really not really rapping about anything
Yeah. Its weird. Its like he keeps alluding to "The Fall Off" album and theres more like lyrical exercises on here than actual singles.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
dope
forest hill drive is better, but this might top it over time

wasn't feeling his last 2 releases.
this is much better
:wow:young simba

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
nikka is every Wayne album a mixtape? U sure this the hill u wanna die on? Lol
Carter 5 had much more substance than this.

I don't understand why when I talk about one artist you guys always go back to my favorite artists like that is supposed to affect me or something LOL

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
So, Cole really did have a scrap with Puff.
Puff was probably like the club promoter in Atlanta, like, “That boy is going to be a star”

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. Its weird. Its like he keeps alluding to "The Fall Off" album and theres more like lyrical exercises on here than actual singles.
All this did was make me want a new Kendrick Lamar and Drake album.

Cole cool but been ass since 2014.

I'm not a fan of these little baby and future sounding sounds he's making.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
I finally like a Cole album.
do I see myself playing it like that ? maybe not, but it's the first Cole album to grab me.

Cam'ron Giles played a big part in that..hearing his voice first was nice perk your ears up, now you have my attention move from Cole.
its a full circle moment too in a way. Cam and Cole both have a hooping connection, Cam and Zeke did, lets say...activities there in Carolina (Zeke's is well known) and J Cole recorded his first mixtape in Jim Jones studio.

album is a nice easy listen. theres no real duds.

good production, good to hear other voices, Cole sounds good but....Cole tricks yall man;

apart from the first joint, the songs that are more of the "show how nice I am" variety don't do much for me. like I said he sounds good but the bars are like "yeah, ok ??" I think it that he's that not good at flexing at his audience. there was one were I felt it sounded like something a fan would say.

but overall, happy enough for it from artist I've struggled with and never really been a fan of.
theres a strong seven songs on here.

I feel like people pick somebody they like and just nuthug the shyt out of them. 21 Savage bodied his feature yet noone talkin about it. Lil Baby is being typical Lil Baby. Altho the verse is dope. That’s all people talkin bout. 21’s verse >>>> Lil Baby’s verse. shyt is weird man. Lol

Lil Baby is on his bootleg Wayne run. he just sounds great no matter what he's on.
but yeah, speaking of 21..

outside of that Cole verse that tells us that he was p*ssy when younger and he mentions the fight w/ Puff, 21 might have my favorite verse on here.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I feel like Forest Hills Drive is more layered. Feels more full.
i feel like this as well, but i've been listening to fhd'14 for a few years now.only gave the new joint 2 spins so far. i'll have to sit with this one for a while to see if it is as layered as fhd'14
it at least seems to have some replay value. like i said, i'm enjoying it so far.
haven't listened to a lot of hip hop so far this year, but this is already one of my faves so far
:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Getting in with this album talk with Coli around 3 hours 55 mins after it dropped.

J Cole's Off Season is a powerful album. Front to back. Beats and rhymes dope.

Apply Pressure
Let Go of my hand
Close
Hunger

Those stand out to me. The whole album is dope, including it's album art.

Lead the way J Cole!

What you think about Hunger On Hillside?

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That last verse on 95th south :mjtf::ehh:

Heard 3 songs off youtube. I might have to cop this will be my first rap record in like 2 years.