Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bottom line he answered all the critics of his (not that they were wrong) about his music. Get some outside producers who can bring something else out of you. Check. Same monotone type flow. He switch it up. No guest appearances. Got 21, and Lil Baby. Now, are people still going to complain? Sure, it's people but you can tell he's been listening.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
tenor.gif

Cool. Got some new bedtime music to go to sleep to

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
  1. 95 SOUTH: meh so-so bars thats kinda hard to believe. The beat was better than he was
  2. AMARI: better flow. Beat chill. More of a vibe song. This is good. Easy listening. Not taking himself seriously
  3. My Life: spitting but I wish he was doing more rhyming this is kinda just poetry to a beat. He’s just talking. It’s weird. Not really a song IMO. the morray feature kinda seems not well integrated BUT…21 SAVAGE SLAUGHTERED THIS. DUDE NEEDS HIS FLOWERS.
  4. APPLYING PRESSURE: actual rapping conventionally. This was cool. He’s kinda back to his original form. Just rapping with hot lines here and there. Nothing mind blowing. Another money ain’t everything verse. To this point the best rapping exercise.
  5. Punching the clock: another bar exercise. Better than applying pressure. Seems like a concept song. Not bad. Seems like a project window type project.
  6. 100 MIL: meh. I see what he’s trying to do but it’s kinda just not arriving. Another “I’m on top” song but it’s kinda sleepy. Needs a better beat. And the chorus is lazy.
  7. PRIDE IS DEVIL: This is the single! LIL BABY IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE. Cole found a cool little pocket though. The beat is cool and the concept and vibe was right. This is one of the best on here. Not trying to hard but telling truths. I like this.
  8. LET GO OF MY HAND: this is the right mix of introspection and growth. This is not project window or pretend tough guy shyt. This is actual life taking place. This is good. I can return to this. This is probably the best one of these he’s done.
  9. INTERLUDE: mehhhhh. There’s no replay value here. Just bars going nowhere.
  10. The climb back: again shows potential but he’s kinda just kinda barely meeting the standard here. He’s got bars but it’s not going anywhere.
  11. Close: more rapping exercise that’s just kinda not reaching where he wants it to. I swear he needs better editing cause he wastes so many bars on trying to make a point when he could in fewer words and make it sound even doper. Just wasted potential on here on another concept song.
  12. HUNGER ON HILLSIDE: this is just all over the place. :snoop: its cool.

This is the best conclusion i have of him.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
I feel like people pick somebody they like and just nuthug the shyt out of them. 21 Savage bodied his feature yet noone talkin about it. Lil Baby is being typical Lil Baby. Altho the verse is dope. That’s all people talkin bout. 21’s verse >>>> Lil Baby’s verse. shyt is weird man. Lol

I'm so :flabbynsick: nowadays when it comes to new mainstream artists that I couldn't really tell who the fukk the featured artists were on those songs. But I really view both of those artists u mentioned as overhyped nonsense, so now I'm kinda surprised because their verses weren't complete:trash:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
  1. 95 SOUTH: meh so-so bars thats kinda hard to believe. The beat was better than he was
  2. AMARI: better flow. Beat chill. More of a vibe song. This is good. Easy listening. Not taking himself seriously
  3. My Life: spitting but I wish he was doing more rhyming this is kinda just poetry to a beat. He’s just talking. It’s weird. Not really a song IMO. the morray feature kinda seems not well integrated BUT…21 SAVAGE SLAUGHTERED THIS. DUDE NEEDS HIS FLOWERS.
  4. APPLYING PRESSURE: actual rapping conventionally. This was cool. He’s kinda back to his original form. Just rapping with hot lines here and there. Nothing mind blowing. Another money ain’t everything verse. To this point the best rapping exercise.
  5. Punching the clock: another bar exercise. Better than applying pressure. Seems like a concept song. Not bad. Seems like a project window type project.
  6. 100 MIL: meh. I see what he’s trying to do but it’s kinda just not arriving. Another “I’m on top” song but it’s kinda sleepy. Needs a better beat. And the chorus is lazy.
  7. PRIDE IS DEVIL: This is the single! LIL BABY IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE. Cole found a cool little pocket though. The beat is cool and the concept and vibe was right. This is one of the best on here. Not trying to hard but telling truths. I like this.
  8. LET GO OF MY HAND: this is the right mix of introspection and growth. This is not project window or pretend tough guy shyt. This is actual life taking place. This is good. I can return to this. This is probably the best one of these he’s done.
  10. The climb back: again shows potential but he’s kinda just kinda barely meeting the standard here. He’s got bars but it’s not going anywhere.
  11. Close: more rapping exercise that’s just kinda not reaching where he wants it to. I swear he needs better editing cause he wastes so many bars on trying to make a point when he could in fewer words and make it sound even doper. Just wasted potential on here on another concept song.

Yea we gonna listen to ur “non biased” point of view.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Bottom line he answered all the critics of his (not that they were wrong) about his music. Get some outside producers who can bring something else out of you. Check. Same monotone type flow. He switch it up. No guest appearances. Got 21, and Lil Baby. Now, are people still going to complain? Sure, it's people but you can tell he's been listening.
he's gotten better.

Now he needs to evolve on the actual lyrics.

See, what other artists do is say more with less.

Theres times where i'm listening and he's like wasting words and bars where he could have made his point in fewer words and syllables.

Look at Lil Baby and 21. They dont have to get into into tryin to impress you to prove a point. They just say it.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

how can somebody come up with this much of a critique of an album that dropped 9 hours ago :dwillhuh: