Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Why not and what was wrong with the Black Album?

That’s one of the most overrated rap albums ever. The buildup and events surrounding that album (Jay’s “farewell tour for retirement”) was better than the actual album itself. I hope this is Cole’s Blueprint instead.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That’s one of the most overrated rap albums ever. The buildup and events surrounding that album (Jay’s “farewell tour for retirement”) was better than the actual album itself. I hope this is Cole’s Blueprint instead.

Black Album is incredible to me but I get that the hype surrounding the album was unreal but Jay more than lived up to it in my opinion.

Now that Kingdom Come shyt :huhldup: he had a MASSIVE campaign for that album and dropped the ball.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It literally has some of the most classic rap songs in the last 20 years.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
But it's the same type of hype with this album, Cole saying he's retiring and going to play in NBA Africa to a degree is kind of the same hype. I was actually referring to the music and having different producers on board and dropping a great album which The Black Album was/is.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
But it's the same type of hype with this album, Cole saying he's retiring and going to play in NBA Africa to a degree is kind of the same hype. I was actually referring to the music and having different producers on board and dropping a great album which The Black Album was/is.
Difference is Cole says he’s still has another album coming after this one called The Fall Off.