Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Ok, but it doesn’t have to be, and I don’t think he’s cheap, he’s never worked with lots of features or other producers, and it works for him, he’s outselling all of these garbage albums full of a bunch of random producers and artists smashed together (Khaled)
He’s also has 2 albums that broke records for second week drops in sales

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watched this man his entire career, he came so far

This. I am trying to remember. Was the announcement he was Jay'z first signing the first thing we heard from him, then this followed up? And everyone was like oh shyt... Or was it a freestyle.. I dont think he had much music before the Jay announcement

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
The “Cole makes boring beats” thing is the same reach that people use to say “Nas picks bad beats” and Jay-Z only raps about materialism”

The shyt is so easy to debunk that we all KNOW its bullshyt but people HAVE to use some criticism to not like a rapper and can’t just say “he’s not for me”.

J.Cole ALWAYS sells north of 400K first week on every album. He ALWAYS goes platinum. He’s ALWAYS critically acclaimed. He sells out tours and shows. There is EVERY indication in the world that the man’s music is touching, inspiring, and motivating a wide array of people. The man has OTHER top tier artists coming to him not just for features, but for PRODUCTION. And we’re not just talking about his Dreamville roster. We’re talking Kendrick fukking Lamar! Wale! YBN Cordae. Young Thug. Ab Soul.

And ya’ll nikkas REALLY think the move is supposed to be “fukk your SUCCESSFUL formula and track record. Go get some beats from Timbaland, Justice League, Hit Boy, and Kanye West and make ME happy!” :gucci:

I love it when artists like Cole don’t listen to that bullshyt and continue charting their own paths. Its a rare artist who can REALLY write their own shyt AND produce, unlike Kanye West, who now needs 789 writers and 678 ghost producers to churn out an album.

He got some beats from Timbaland on this album and hit boy :mjgrin:

He must be listening