Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
It literally has some of the most classic rap songs in the last 20 years.

Which ones? Lucifer? Change Clothes? Dirt Off Your Shoulder? 99 Problems? Moment of Clarity? I know a lot of songs on that album got loads of radio play, but have you really been playing any songs from that album? I just never thought that album was some definitive classic, it just had a classic rollout.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Which ones? Lucifer? Change Clothes? Dirt Off Your Shoulder? 99 Problems? Moment of Clarity? I know a lot of songs on that album got loads of radio play, but have you really been playing any songs from that album? I just never thought that album was some definitive classic, it just had a classic rollout.

99 Problems and Dirt Off Your Shoulder aren't undeniable classic songs? You could say none of the other tracks are "classic' and I'd be fine with it...but those tracks are undeniable. Nor do you have to still play them to know that. Or does classic only apply to tracks you've heard in the last year or two lol.
:jbhmm:

That album was a "moment" I vividly remember. I was downloading random tracks from that shyt from leaks, radio rips, anywhere I could find shyt. And then when the album actually came out it was a wrap. Great moment...

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gotta be Tae

99 Problems and Dirt Off Your Shoulder aren't undeniable classic songs? You could say none of the other tracks are "classic' and I'd be fine with it...but those tracks are undeniable. Nor do you have to still play them to know that. Or does classic only apply to tracks you've heard in the last year or two lol.
:jbhmm:

That album was a "moment" I vividly remember. I was downloading random tracks from that shyt from leaks, radio rips, anywhere I could find shyt. And then when the album actually came out it was a wrap. Great moment...

PSA is a classic. Matter of fact there’s a bunch of classic material on that joint

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
thought they said no features lol. or does he always do this and just leave em off the tracklist