J.Cole spat on the face of hip hop

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
What part of “old rap” is gossip, A.I. , Ghostwritters, twitter cacs, streaming stats, and false accusations? :dahell:

In reality. “the culture” was supposed to be about authenticity. If cole wasn’t feeling this shyt, the real rap thing to do was to not participate.
Why would any of that apply to Cole?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why would any of that apply to Cole?
He avoided all of it.

His mistake was letting that shyt make him jump in in the first place.

Kenny didn’t actually diss him. And he wasn’t feeling the “beef” when he made the track.

It was pure twitter peer pressure that made him record that song.

At some point he realized how stupid that was and backed out. Good foresight and a real nikka move even if he made a mistake at first.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
He avoided all of it.

His mistake was letting that shyt make him jump in in the first place.

Kenny didn’t actually diss him. And he wasn’t feeling the “beef” when he made the track.

It was pure twitter peer pressure that made him record that song.

At some point he realized how stupid that was and backed out. Good foresight and a real nikka move even if he made a mistake at first.
Saying there no big 3 is a shot at Cole.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All he had to say was this is the only track I'm dropping with 7 min drill and I'm done. But the way he bowed out made many look at him like he was soft.

Again, It was the way he did it.

But in hindsight...maybe those SchoolBoy Q rumors were true and he didn't feel like it.

Def can't call himself the best no more, but people really underestimate maintaining and having peace in your mind as you get older. That shyt is invaluable.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
This whole thing is something you can literally sit your son down and teach. Son, I’d rather you lose and face ridicule than to quit. Or to back out on your word. That’s how I was raised, I can’t speak for some of you nggas :hubie:

Yet you have social media PRAISING Cole. :scust:And do not lose track of the fact social media is dominated by women even in this beef. Of course they have no duty to keep your word or integrity, etc. Yet their type of mindset is what MEN are running with. J Cole quitting and the ensuing conversation is way deeper than rap to me. It’s another sign of a soy meat ass culture for black men, taking up feminine ideology

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Y’all nikkaz need to stop with this. So what the nikka don’t want to battle besides nikkaz calling muthafukkas pedophiles and woman beaters and shyt and I get it maybe that nikka didn’t want to be apart of that energy.
Soft

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This whole thing is something you can literally sit your son down and teach. Son, I’d rather you lose and face ridicule than to quit. Or to back out on your word. That’s how I was raised, I can’t speak for some of you nggas :hubie:

Yet you have social media PRAISING Cole. And do not lose track of the fact social media is dominated by women even in this beef. Of course they have no duty to keep your word or integrity, etc. Yet their type of mindset is what cats are running with. J Cole quitting and the ensuing conversation is way deeper than two to me
Ima teach my son to apologize and correct mistakes instead of being a stubborn jackass and doubling down on said mistakes.

Living your life to appease peer pressure ain’t what’s hot in the streets :manny:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick won, Drake lost and Cole didn't play.

Making the final rankings after this 1) Kendrick 2) Cole 3) Drake pretty much definitively.
With the benefit of hindsight, sounds to me like he had absolutely nothing to gain by getting involved in this bullshyt tbh but plenty to lose.

Smart man folds, gets called a coward but walks away from the table with his money. Dumb man goes all-in on a bad hand and loses everything. :hubie:

He had nothing to gain? What he had to gain was taking that number 1 or 2 spot. Everyone outside of Cole stans had Kendrick and Drake at one or two when ranking those 3 objectively. Drake couldve moved one or both of them out of that position.

In the end people look back and give him a pass and say "Yeah Cole was right to bow out". Because after the battle we understood it was best that the battle be focused on the REAL top two without the 3rd wheel. Along with clearly hearing that Cole couldnt have survived a back n forth with either skillwise.

Cole bowing out put him in his proper place,stand aside and let the main event happen. Its just official for Cole fans now,but its been official for everyone else. Cole was the 3 of the Big 3

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
cole did but duckworth did it first

Kendrick never responded to Papoose after Pap DESTROYED him for saying he was the King of NY

I lost all respect for him as an emcee and as a man after that

kendrick, cole and drake are all wack phaggots no matter who 'wins' this beef hip-hop is losing
And Papoose got his bytch stole by a chiltlin circus battle rapper :russ:
Ain’t nobody in the history of anything hip hop gave a shyt about Papoose
Not even Kay Slay:dead:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
This

Is a rap battle.

That shyt Kendrick and Drake did has nothing to do with this^^^^

Ironically this chatty patty, twitter stan fueled, corporate cac supported, ghostwritten, A.I. ridiculousness that is Kendrake is what spat in the face of hiphop.

Theres a reason why the OGs ain’t feeling this shyt. :smh:

There’s no rules with this battle shyt ….. where y’all getting these rules from ?

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Kendrick can out rap Cole imo. I don’t expect Kendrick to use the same strategy he used against Drake on Cole. Kendrick vs Cole would be strictly bars and little to no gossip.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Ima teach my son to apologize and correct mistakes instead of being a stubborn jackass and doubling down on said mistakes.

Living your life to appease peer pressure ain’t what’s hot in the streets :manny:

That word mistake gets thrown around. It wasn’t a ‘mistake’. He just didn’t like the outcome and tepid response knew which everyone forgets.

Mans sat down and made a 5 minute song and had weeks to think it thru. All this after kendrick barely gave him a love tap.