J.Cole spat on the face of hip hop

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Agreed 100%. That's why I cringe when people try to use the Drake and Kendrick situation to say that Cole won or that Cole did the right thing.

Nobody respects deserters. Cole can't really be considered hip hop, he's just a rapper. Win, lose or draw you COMPETE. Cole would been culturally irrelevant today if he had debuted a decade or two earlier than when he did.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Soft …… this a rap battle man ….. tired of yall soft nikkaz with this rule shyt
This

Is a rap battle.

That shyt Kendrick and Drake did has nothing to do with this^^^^

Ironically this chatty patty, twitter stan fueled, corporate cac supported, ghostwritten, A.I. ridiculousness that is Kendrake, is what spat in the face of hiphop.

Theres a reason why the OGs ain’t feeling this shyt. :smh:

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
This

Is a rap battle.

That shyt Kendrick and Drake did has nothing to do with this^^^^

Ironically this chatty patty, twitter stan fueled, corporate cac supported, ghostwritten, A.I. ridiculousness that is Kendrake is what spat in the face of hiphop.

Theres a reason why the OGs ain’t feeling this shyt. :smh:

shyt.. these nyggas giving bars in this vid

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all nikkaz need to stop with this. So what the nikka don’t want to battle besides nikkaz calling muthafukkas pedophiles and woman beaters and shyt and I get it maybe that nikka didn’t want to be apart of that energy.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
I've come to accept over the last few days that these are new rap rules that I definitely don't subscribe to but can't get mad at young kids or people not connected to the culture for excusing j Cole behavior

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I've come to accept over the last few days that these are new rap rules that I definitely don't subscribe to but can't get mad at young kids or people not connected to the culture for excusing j Cole behavior
What part of “old rap” is gossip, A.I. , Ghostwritters, twitter cacs, streaming stats, and false accusations? :dahell:

In reality. “the culture” was supposed to be about authenticity. If cole wasn’t feeling this shyt, the real rap thing to do was to not participate.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
After Drake subsequently gets railroaded out of the industry this all in hindsight will be looked at as a stroke of brilliance for Cole.