J. Cole - Might Delete Later (Discussion Thread)

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Has there EVER been a mainstream rapper who’s improved so much from project to project? I really can’t think of one. This nikka Cole done unlocked Super Saiyan Rap God.
Nope.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lowkey I think We won't because a collaborator like Terrace Martin was subbing Kendrick before the big 2 lol. He been salty about certain rappers not returning favors and calls. I assumed it was mostly Kendrick.
Yep, he had set Kendrick up lovely too as far as a sound to run with

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Jay’s mistake was

A). Thinking he could one shot both Nas and Mobb Deep in the same song

B). Underestimating Nas’s talent, which is insane considering he was the number 1 Nas fan amongst commercial rappers at the time. He really thought a God level MC like Nas wouldn’t be able to respond to a nikka smashing his baby moms.

Cole isn’t going to underestimate Kendrick, thats why he didn’t crash out on his first actual response and just made it a warning shot. Jay got wayyyyyyy too cocky, Cole just put out a whole album to prove he’s the best and is STILL hard at work on his craft. This Might Delete Later album is designed to let any and all challengers know that they’re in for the fight of their lives if they want it with him. If 7 Minute Drill is his equivalent to Stillmatic Freestyle more than it is Takeover

I disagree. Jay went for a kill shot, he wasn't playing around. And it would have ended a lesser MC. He just happened to pull the wrong shyt on the wrong rapper. With Cole everything is similar except...this wasn't a kill shot by any means. But the response is going to be a kill shot and then people gonna say Cole wasted an opportunity.

Jay lost but he did the right thing: he did everything possible to win that shyt. Just didn't work, like when the Bills lost to Mahomes with 20 seconds left.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Haven’t listened to the whole project yet, but just finished the song Pi

Is… is J Cole knocking on the door on being an elite lyricist? :ohhh:

Never thought I’d utter those words