J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

Daps
Only way forward for Cole is for Kendrick to throw him a lifeline by going at him VICIOUSLY on his next track. I mean vicious vicious. As hard as Nas went at Jay. Give the streets a body vicious. He gotta go at his neck as hard as he goes at Drake or even harder.

That and that alone would clear the way for J Cole to retract the apology and then he gotta come out with another diss record where he spitting for his life.

That's the ONLY way he can be redeemed.

I wonder if Kendrick likes him as a friend enough to help him like that tho.

And then on top of that, this is a competition for Kendrick so he might just count Cole's self defeat as a notch on his belt cause tagging Cole back in does nothing for him personally.

Although... :jbhmm: it could dent the narrative that Drake obviously wants to run with, which is that it's him against the world. Which would be good for Kendrick if he puts Cole back into it and then it no longer looks like it's Drake having to face a bunch of folks alone.

It would be a crazy strategic move.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
He comes off as a fan more than an artist and it bleeds into his music. Even the recent "I'm going to dedicate myself to rapping really well" thing feels more like a normal person grinding in the gym than someone becoming a better ARTIST. He's Talib Kweli on Respiration. Sandwiched between deeply evocative (Mos) and deeply introspective (Common) verses, he gives you the technical prowess of a good verse but it just pales in comparison to something that means more. To me that's the dynamic he has with Kendrick, who is a master at evocative and introspective writing. And no matter how many lyrical exercises he throws out it's not really hitting your soul like that.

He has some impressively introspective songs, like Once An Addict, but overall I've always felt he struggles with that shyt. To me the best example of who Cole is as a rapper is his semi remake of Da Art Of Storytelling. Last verse.

I don't expect a young rapper to match Andre 3k lyrically, that's not my issue. But Andre created a well defined, real character in his verse. Someone with a personality, story, thoughts, dreams and aspirations. All within a few bars. Cole create a faceless "this chick" who exists solely as a set piece in what he thinks is a deep story about being confronted for running thru hoes. It just comes off as lame and when you notice it once it becomes hard not to notice it on nearly all his albums. Faceless characters, colorless backgrounds. Everything is a mirror for Cole's narcissism basically.

FACTS!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Everything you just posted is what I've been noticing about dude for years.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Wait someone get the OGs in here.

Didn't Jay Z apologize to Nas? Or was that way after their beef.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
cole will make an album and he will absolutely make a song about this stuff and his fans will take him back for being mature
Anybody paying attention to cole thus far. That diss track was way outa his lane.

He will go back to speaking to those people instead of trying to win this twitter “numbah one” argument the stans are so concerned with.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Was it right after takeover dropped or at the end of the beef after Ether.
It was totally different than this. Lames try to make it same.

Super ugly he dissed nas bm and said he left a condom in nas baby seat. I guess his moms and some women came out said he went to far.

He came up there and apologized for it.

But went on to continue make like 5 more diss songs and a bunch of freestyles dissing him lol.

He didn’t just apologize and stop dissing. He just admitted he went to far on that song and kept releasing more and more.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It was totally different than this. Lames try to make it same.

Super ugly he dissed nas bm and said he left a condom in nas baby seat. I guess his moms and some women came out said he went to far.

He came up there and apologized for it.

But went on to continue make like 5 more diss songs and a bunch of freestyles dissing him lol.

He didn’t just apologize and stop dissing. He just admitted he went to far on that song and kept releasing more and more.
Jigga stans :ohlawd:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cole stans. You in a fight for you life cause the nikka did some hoe. And I’m a bigger fan of him than you.
I’m not fighting anything.

I said dude was trippin from the first moment he released that “diss”

shyt was fake, and phoned in just cause twitter told him to do it.

Ain’t nothing wrong with apologies as a man that made mistakes. Jiggas apology was the right thing to do too :manny:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I’m not fighting anything.

I said dude was trippin from the first moment he released that “diss”

shyt was fake, and phoned in just cause twitter told him to do it.

Ain’t nothing wrong with apologies as a man that made mistakes. Jiggas apology was the right thing to do too :manny:
I have no opinion on the Jay apology. We know he meant it so it was wherever. He did it for his moms.

The difference is the nikka went on to release like 4 more disses and freestyles and had hhs crew diss nas.

intro to bp2 was a diss lol.

He didn’t just bow out and tuck his chain and go home

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I have no opinion on the Jay apology. We know he meant it so it was wherever. He did it for his moms.
You quoted me defending that shyt :manny:
The difference is the nikka went on to release like 4 more disses and freestyles and had hhs crew diss nas.
This isn’t even true. Not sure what timeline you are referencing
intro to bp2 was a diss lol.

He didn’t just bow out and tuck his chain and go home
BP2 was copping pleas and basically an apology on wax. nikka said nas “cheated” and tried to use his philanthropy as ammo for sympathy from fans.

There’s no argument where Jiggas actions after Ether were commendable. Dude took an L and had to live with that shyt for a while.

Superstar
Daps
You sound like you jerk off to old episodes of Def Poetry :huhldup:

:ehh:
Only if Thea Monyee is on the screen
032514_theamonyee.jpg