Ive never squated or deadlifted in my life.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
they have nothing to do with legs but most people ive talked to use deadlifts and squats for back and core and say legs is an added bonus

to me i barely even need to do legs. i used to play hockey so my legs are developed and i work construction and walk really fast basically at all times during the day so my legs get all the exercise they need

:dead:

this guys trolling>>>>>>>>

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
you may change your mind once you hit those mid 30s and your knees say :huhldup:

squats and DLs keep you from having strength imbalances and promote healthy knees/lower back

the myth is that you need to squat more than double your weight etc, i think everyone who lifts should atleast attain the 1.5x bodyweight squat and 2x bodyweight deadlift

it may be a tiring difficult exercise but they are important for a reason

:ohhh: Im definitely lacking on my deadlifts

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It is what it is.
What I mean by that is, if he doesn't see the need for squats and deadlifts, then so be it.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i squat but i dont really deadlift. Deadlifts seem like they are beneficial but that shyt aint good for ya back whether you do em right or not

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
i squat but i dont really deadlift. Deadlifts seem like they are beneficial but that shyt aint good for ya back whether you do em right or not

Yeah, I always get stuck in a cycle: I hear that deads are so beneficial, so I end up feeling guilty for not doing them. So then I add them in, then my lower back starts feeling like :damn: (and I got issues with my spine anyway) Then I wind up saying "screw it, I'ma look for an alternative to deadlifts", until the next time I hear someone say "you NEED to deadlift". LOL

Azire

Inner layers = Himalayas
Daps
Reppin
The other side, otherwise
Squats and DL's are going to give you more bang for your buck than any other gym exercise, and those who say they're "just legs," or "just core" should simply not be listened to. They provide work for the entire muscular system, and if you're looking to get stronger or look stronger they're absolutely irreplaceable.

I've heard some people say they leave Deadlifts alone and sub them with Power Cleans or other assistance exercises for the posterior chain musculature, but no one who knows what they're talking about avoids Squats. That shyt is paramount to blasphemy, and should rarely, if ever, be tolerated.