I like it
They stay exposing each other
The episode where frank 'lost' his sense of taste>>>

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its a show for married people with kids. if you single and aint got kids it probably wont appeal because alot of the humor is based around the specific experiences and relationships that married couples have. even the side characters are based around how they interact or intrude on their relationship. and i know there are other shows based around families, but most of them are more broad and the children play a much greater role but on "everybody loves raymond" the show wasn't about the kids it was about the parents. the only other sitcom that comes to mind that really did that aswell is "home improvement", but even then as the kids got older they became more central to the show's stories.

you cant really compare it to sienfeld or frazier or shows like that because the humor on family based sitcoms is completely different. but when it comes to that lane, "everybody loves raymond" easily was better than the competition.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Never understood it. Just never looked interesting. Everyone in the middle of the country must have watched it. I never heard anyone saying "You see Raymond Last Night!:krs: I never had the desire to watch Raymond when it took over #1 spot after "Seinfeld" and it was #1 for like 10 years until Raymond quit:what::why: I can still bring up OG episodes of Seinfeld and people know what I'm talking about:heh:

That's my whole point. It was apparently REALLY popular, but yet I dont know anyone who watched it.

its a show for married people with kids. if you single and aint got kids it probably wont appeal because alot of the humor is based around the specific experiences and relationships that married couples have. as better than the competition.

:comeon:

There's PLENTY of shows moreso based around family comedy, family concepts, and issues than that show, were WAY more funny.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's my whole point. It was apparently REALLY popular, but yet I dont know anyone who watched it.

:comeon:

There's PLENTY of shows moreso based around family comedy, family concepts, and issues than that show, were WAY more funny.

thats the thing though, its not about family concepts, its not even really about the whole family, its about the dynamic between the parents. most of these other family based sitcoms deal with the whole family and family issues and try to incorperate the different family memebers own little stories, "everybody loves raymond" might have had an episode once in a long while that focused on the other family members but for the most part it was specifically about ray and his wife. thats why it stood out. it was a "family show" that wasn't really about the whole family, it was about the parents.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
Seriously. Nobody I know likes that show.

I know ppl that liked Seinfeld, Wings, Friends, King of Queens, etc

Never "Everybody Loves Raymond" :manny:

I love that show, and have made a few threads on it back at the motherland.

Luggage cheese episode was one of the funniest moments in television history :birdman: