I’ve had enough. The lack of critical thinking is a pandemic in the blacc community and needs to be taken seriously …

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Yes, the hospital would bankrupt itself, and risk the license of several doctors and nurses, all for one mans organs. :troll:

The man was probably made a DNR by the family because he was brain dead, the hospital workers cannot do CPR in that case which is why they ran in the room and pulled up. Part of the family maybe didn't agree with the DNR call but they don't have Power of Attorney so in the end it doesn't matter what they say on the POA. I assume that he passed away in front of them and they went into shock/anger and tried to revive him regardless of the DNR status.

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes I think this comes from whites cosplaying as Black.
why do you assume that wanting us to think harder and not be easily manipulated by headlines and internet words is anti-black?

I think it’s anti-Black to treat Black people as if “we iz stoopid”

That shyt was placed on us hundreds of years ago and we try to live up to it like a badge of honor (Tyler Perry) but I think that’s white supremacy

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it stupid to say such a thing? Yes. Is it anti black? No. Is it anti American to say that most Americans are stupid?
Maybe you’re misunderstanding me or vice versa

I think OP is correct

We are lack critical thinking in mass

I was assuming he was saying it was anti black to say that and we should believe the story that the hospital was racist and told the family they wanted to harvest the organs of their son

Ppl got mad at Op

I’m saying that are anti-Black for assuming Black ppl have to believe non sensical shyt because we are Black

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe you’re misunderstanding me or vice versa

I think OP is correct

We are lack critical thinking in mass

I was assuming he was saying it was anti black to say that and we should believe the story that the hospital was racist and told the family they wanted to harvest the organs of their son

Ppl got mad at Op

I’m saying that are anti-Black for assuming Black ppl have to believe non sensical shyt because we are Black

My bad

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
The man was probably made a DNR by the family because he was brain dead, the hospital workers cannot do CPR in that case which is why they ran in the room and pulled up. Part of the family maybe didn't agree with the DNR call but they don't have Power of Attorney so in the end it doesn't matter what they say on the POA. I assume that he passed away in front of them and they went into shock/anger and tried to revive him regardless of the DNR status.
Lord Have mercy

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Lord Have mercy
The Case of Jahi McMath
Despite these many cases, however, the controversy about the meaning of brain death did not rise to the level of public awareness until the celebrated case of Jahi McMath. McMath was 13 years old at the time she was admitted to Oakland Children’s Hospital in 2013 for complex pharyngeal surgery. Shortly after surgery, she developed a postoperative hemorrhage, which led to a cardiac arrest. Although she was successfully resuscitated, she suffered severe brain hypoxia and was pronounced brain-dead 3 days later. Her family refused to accept the diagnosis of brain death and initiated legal proceedings.

This resulted in McMath being transported to New Jersey, the only state that allows patients and families to categorically opt out of the determination of death by neurologic criteria. There, she remained biologically alive (heart-beating) for almost 5 years, mostly at home, with occasional hospitalizations. During that time, she had a ventilator to breathe for her, she was fed through a gastrostomy tube, and she received supplemental hormones. Over those years, her body continued to grow and develop, and she began having menses. In 2018, she developed liver failure. Her family declined further interventions, and she died biologically from a cardiac arrest. She currently has 2 legally valid death certificates; in California, she died on December 12, 2013, and in New Jersey, she died on June 22, 2018.

There are many lessons that can be drawn from the case of Jahi McMath, not least of which are the ways that race and class impact medical care and may threaten the trust that should exist between patients, families, and their care providers. In terms of how we define death, however, the McMath case is significant because it clearly brought public attention to the fact that the diagnosis of brain death is not synonymous with biological death.

Given the significance of the case, one might wonder why there are not more cases like Jahi McMath. Several reasons can be offered. First, the diagnosis of brain death is almost always a self-fulfilling prophecy because it is quickly followed by either organ donation or ventilator withdrawal. Second, few families insist on continuing life support in the face of such a severe brain injury and a poor prognosis. Third, even those who do object to the diagnosis are typically overridden because brain death is recognized as legal death in every state.

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
^^^^^THIIIIIIIIS RIGHT HERE NEEDS ITS OWN THREAD!

This story has me HOT!

339d27_4de106c5a87a47c49b1f7952af51e1fb~mv2.jpeg