I’ve had enough. The lack of critical thinking is a pandemic in the blacc community and needs to be taken seriously …

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
i've signed the organ donation box on my license ever since I was 18 years old. i'm not letting medical conspiracies dissuade me from possibly helping other black people in need even after my death. this tweet doesn't even provide enough information to make a informed decision. I'm not saying there isn't medical racism or there might be unscrupulous medical professionals willing to let some people die to get their organs but that tweet didn't provide enough information to determine that was actually the case. hopefully more news comes out about those claims.

That's a personal decision and I wish I could be as selfless as you when it comes to this

But nah, I didn't sign up for it when I was 18 and I don't plan on changing that now

I want what was attached still to be there, especially if I'm ever resurrected mostly

This other shyt is just telling me I made the right decision, truthfully it was never about racism

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
That's a personal decision and I wish I could be as selfless as you when it comes to this

But nah, I didn't sign up for it when I was 18 and I don't plan on changing that now

I want what was attached still to be there, especially if I'm ever resurrected mostly

This other shyt is just telling me I made the right decision, truthfully it was never about racism
:mjlol:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

29% of people who need organs are Black, but only 13% of donors are Black​

August is National Minority Donor Awareness Month, and many Blacks are in desperate need of lifesaving organ transplants.

Aug 2, 2022

August is National Minority Donor Awareness Month, and many African Americans are in desperate need of lifesaving organ transplants.

According to the Office of Minority Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 28.5% of total candidates currently waiting for transplants are Black, yet African Americans are only 12.9% of donors. The office notes that Blacks make up the largest group of minorities in need of an organ transplant.

OrganDonationAdobeStock.jpg
August is National Minority Donor Awareness Month, and many African Americans are in desperate need of lifesaving organ transplants. (Photo: AdobeStock.com)

One woman who was a transplant recipient is working to inform other African Americans about the value of organ donation through her nonprofit, Educating Minorities About Transplants. Shirley Brill, 66, is hosting events in Jacksonville, Florida, where she’s seeking to raise funds to help transplant patients with their expenses for travel and basic living, as well as medications and other necessities.

Brill, who was an elementary school teacher when she found out she had end-stage lung disease, said of her own double lung transplant in 2008: “Having a second chance at life means I’ve been given the opportunity to share with others the importance of believing that miracles still exist in everyday life to everyday people.”

She further told The Florida Times-Union: “There is a lack of donor awareness among minorities because we don’t have the conversation with our loved ones, we pass the myths and misconceptions to the next generation. We are not exposed to people who will share truths about organ donation and the difference it has made in our lives — we don’t educate.”

She contends that many African Americans believe that if they declare themselves organ donors, they will not be given the best medical care in a crisis. Further, she said, some people believe they want to take their organs with them to heaven. Brill said she wants to counter with facts about organ decomposition after burial and other information that could help them see the benefits of donation and transplantation.

Dr. Martin Mai, a transplant nephrologist and medical director of the Kidney Transplant Program at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, told the newspaper he supports Brill and her organization.

“Providing opportunities for patients to hear about experiences from folks from the same community may be the best way to build trust and provide needed information to make decisions,” Mai said. “Myths … are present in all communities. I can provide the facts, dispelling these myths. But the message delivered from someone in the patient’s community that they can trust will be better taken to heart.”

Daps
Reppin
NULL

29% of people who need organs are Black, but only 13% of donors are Black​

August is National Minority Donor Awareness Month, and many Blacks are in desperate need of lifesaving organ transplants.

It's honorable that you want to help black people after your death, but you can't dictate who will receive your organs. More than likely, your organs will be received by someone who is not black.

concise

Veteran
Daps

Hit by a car on July 24. Had massive brain trauma then apparently declared brain dead somewhere along the way and they wanted to transfer him to Houston before he died on August 1st.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Anyone that has lived around poor whites will observe a similar lack of critical thinking, if not worse. Fools like you should pick up a book, and stop exploiting black people for chump change like you are on this website with your controversial titles.

I'm thinking about buying this site, banning your goof ass first, and just shutting this shyt down. It does the opposite of contributing to critical thinking.

Site is valued at what, $200,000 max? Tell me I won't don't any of this... :youngsabo: Goofy. They can't even afford to open the site up.

And imagine looking at the state of this country and thinking critical thinking is the notable issue of black community. You don't understand critical thinking if you think it's that simple of an issue with any community. It's a global issue to anyone with notable thinking skills, but you can't even begin to approach it without addressing external factors. History has already proven this time and time again, and it will continue to be the case long after I am dead. You don't understand human development.

@BrothaZay Hell is all your goofy ass will know, in this life and the next, say it isn't the case... And then tell me I won't buy this site and rid it of your c00n ass first.
My mans just @Reflected on a posters whole post career and threatened to buy us all out of participation.

I'm here for it 🍿