I've been trying to figure out why current games feel soulless.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I feel like this happened to me too.

I got a ps4, and ive barely played it in months
Don't blame yourself, Sony games are known for this :francis:
could just be that your imagination has hardened to the point not much will impress you if youve had the experience already earlier :ld:

i try to forget what i know these days once i start playing new games
Too many gamers don't understand this :handshake:

The thread starter has a point, but another point is because of what he is saying gamers now are stuck in their ways and afraid to try new games. Sea of thieves for instance is taking the gaming world by storm but why?

It was amazing at its e3 reveal. As it got closer to completion the hate increased. Today in most circles it's known as bad or mediocre and this is based off of console loyalty aka fanboyism. The actual game is receiving rave reviews but where are the games people have said :dame:

And nobody wants backwards compatible titles, especially ones that are updated to look as good as a new title, that's only ok if it's a remaster!!!

I can't quite figure out why that is, can anyone help me figure this out :troll:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Don't blame yourself, Sony games are known for this :francis:

Too many gamers don't understand this :handshake:

The thread starter has a point, but another point is because of what he is saying gamers now are stuck in their ways and afraid to try new games. Sea of thieves for instance is taking the gaming world by storm but why?

It was amazing at its e3 reveal. As it got closer to completion the hate increased. Today in most circles it's known as bad or mediocre and this is based off of console loyalty aka fanboyism. The actual game is receiving rave reviews but where are the games people have said :dame:

And nobody wants backwards compatible titles, especially ones that are updated to look as good as a new title, that's only ok if it's a remaster!!!

I can't quite figure out why that is, can anyone help me figure this out :troll:
nikka u know how to make literally ANY subject into Sony vs Microsoft. Lmao.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Man final Fantasy 15

I love playing this game but the season pass plus the royal pack should’ve been in the game day one

:francis:

I’m tired of these mofos telling half of a damn story

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Man final Fantasy 15

I love playing this game but the season pass plus the royal pack should’ve been in the game day one

:francis:

I’m tired of these mofos telling half of a damn story
Sure the DLC added story, but for $60 do you feel the main game wasn't worth the price?

For me, I understand the complaints of story DLC filling in plot holes.

But at the same time, for $60 you're getting a lot more game than you would have in the past.

People seem to forget that over the last 10-15 years literally EVERYTHING has gone up in price except games. And you get more game for your money.

You nikkas is spoiled:hhh:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Games are too expensive to develop for them to take risks

The only way you'll see things have soul again is when the industry dies out again and restarts

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sure the DLC added story, but for $60 do you feel the main game wasn't worth the price?

But at the same time, for $60 you're getting a lot more game than you would have in the past.

People seem to forget that over the last 10-15 years literally EVERYTHING has gone up in price except games. And you get more game for your money.

FF15 can be beaten in under 30 hours without rushing, i remember it taking me around 50 hours to beat the psx ps2 final fantasy games.

Even the last deus ex game was pretty short compared to previous games in the series.

Square enix are prime suspects in trying to sell you games in pieces.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

nikkas wouldnt have survived the era of paying upwards $80 bucks for a major SNES or Genesis title. Lol. I paid $83.99 for Street Fighter Special Champion Edition for the Genesis. Lol

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Its weird because I've felt like this for awhile when it comes to triple A titles, from titan fall to Horizon a lot of games feel completely soul less. The main factor I came too was

1) money/DLC
2) Trying to FORCE a franchise
3) Listening to the "public opinions" on what should be in a game or what players wants.
4) Chasing trends
5) Graphics and cinematic experiences over gameplay.
6) Patches and updates.

This is why the switch this gen has been SUPER refreshing. Triple a games made with what seems like gameplay and gameplay experiences in mind 1st. Any switch 1st party game I've played everything from the world to the music has captured me. Most these triple A or even B games I can't remember any of the music and music use to be so key in,
I feel like nintendo is the only company that still makes that a priority in there games.

Patches and dlc also kill the spirit of the game, you stuck? You can buy this, you want to unlock something 4.99 and you can just get it instead of having to beat the game. Games hard or there's some weird gltich (not game breaking but funny or useful) patched....

I can't play, Nintendo does make that a priority.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The ps2 gen had the GOAT titles with creativity

They still making remasters of those games too
Lot of people weren’t playing online. This forced developers to make full games if they wanted people to buy. They spent their time in development working on all the shyt that makes a game good instead of monetizing it as much as they could. The 360/PS3 era still had this good fortune for the most part. If we can get loot boxes taken out at least, that would be a big step back in the right direction. The system of progression to unlock things by leveling up or by playing certain modes used to be a big part of what gave games long term playability.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lot of people weren’t playing online. This forced developers to make full games if they wanted people to buy. They spent their time in development working on all the shyt that makes a game good instead of monetizing it as much as they could. The 360/PS3 era still had this good fortune for the most part. If we can get loot boxes taken out at least, that would be a big step back in the right direction. The system of progression to unlock things by leveling up or by playing certain modes used to be a big part of what gave games long term playability.
Yea the answer OP is looking for is the DLC/lootbox era destroying the architecture of a well produced game
We could study Final Fantasy 15 as an example of where gaming has ended up
Rushed story, unfinished plotlines, no depth to any characters.. (cause that's an extra 15 dollars DLC)