It's time we stop recognizing Chris Paul as a great defensive player

Daps
Chris Paul's defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Steph Curry's defense

What Is this stupid ass shyt

CP3 a anchor for one of the best defensive teams in the league right now

You can't big up stephs defense but shyt on cp3's.

Just doesn't make sense.

Chris Paul is currently the only guard ranked as the best defenser on gis squad. Hes got Center impact right now.

Chris Paul might not be what he used to be defensively (he's undersized at his own position), but i don't see how anyone who watches basketball would ever craft an argument of steph curry being better defensively. That's asinine

I hope y'all nikkas are watching this game. Curry's defense > CP3's defense.

:ufdup:

Daps
Curry went 0-8 from 3. What happened?
He missed makeable 3-pt shots and/or defenders other than CP3 were contesting those shots. Why don't we talk about Curry thoroughly outplaying CP3 on the defensive end? Why don't we talk about how CP3 can barely stay infront of his man anymore, especially in PnR situations?

:mjpls:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He missed makeable 3-pt shots and/or defenders other than CP3 were contesting those shots. Why don't we talk about Curry thoroughly outplaying CP3 on the defensive end? Why don't we talk about how CP3 can barely stay infront of his man anymore, especially in PnR situations?

Early on this season Chris Paul is playing better than he has in years.
You got any numbers that say he's terrible on defense so far? No trolling. Serious question.

:ld:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I can't I didn't see the game. I'm asking legit what happened.

Don't be biased :ufdup:

Daps
Early on this season Chris Paul is playing better than he has in years.
You got any numbers that say he's terrible on defense so far? No trolling. Serious question.

:ld:
I don't have the keep-in-front%, keep-in-front drive% and contest rates for this season (but I'd suggest from the games I've seen this year, he's just as bad as the previous immediate seasons). It's still too early in the season to value his individual defensive situational #s (simply because the sample size is too small) - where he's in the 53 percentile (league average) in guarding spot up attempts, in the 35 percentile in guarding ISO attempts (well below league average) and in the 75 percentile in guarding ball-handler possessions (well above league average) etc etc.

You can't really use those against him nor can you use them in favor of him at this stage, and that's before we apply the proper context of scheme, matchups he's facing and his overall defensive workload and activity.

Daps
I can't I didn't see the game. I'm asking legit what happened.

Don't be biased :ufdup:
Curry played terrific defense for most of the game (he was staying infront of his matchup throughout the game), whereas Paul was his usual 'only play defense every third possession' self. Curry ended up with 7 steals too, must of which were came from shadowing and picking pockets (CP3 included), and not playing the passing lanes. Curry's been inconsistent on the defensive end this season, but he completely outshone CP3 on defense in this game. shyt the whole Warriors team did.

:manny:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
chris paul would not of been subbed out with 5 seconds left while his matchup goes on to score the game winning basket