It's sometimes hard to figure out which race some people are mixed with

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
I've noticed that it's always dark skinned people claiming that they're mixed.

Kinda reminds me of black dominicans who try and claim anything but black when they're clearly black :russ:.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
What I'm saying is he isn't mixed directly meaning his mother isn't "pure", and in this country she will be considered black, meaning he is full black. Plus he MAY, be in contact with his korean relatives, we don't know. That theory can be an excuse as to say why he came out looking full black. If we were to go by people who aren't directly our parents, then the game is open to call anyone mixed. Now if Kymora said she was mixed, she has a powerful argument to claim that.

Just like a lot of black people who don't look "mixed", there are white people who are "mixed" that don't look like it. We all know about the blacks who could pass for white back in the day, and used it to mix in with whites. I see a lot of white girls who look totally white until you really look at them, then you can see some of the black features in them but, because we think white is the highest we don't even think they may be mixed somewhere in their gene line. Only when it's black or asian.

Not to everyone. She is considered mixed by everyone I've ever heard refer to her, and he is mixed too. He has a Korean grandmother who raised his mother (we know he is in contact with at least one of them):
kimora_lee_simmons_and_her_mother_joanne_kyoko_perkins_mp1mN.jpg

If he considers himself mixed in the future, he wouldn't be lying. We can agree to disagree.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to everyone. She is considered mixed by everyone I've ever heard refer to her, and he is mixed too. He has a Korean grandmother who raised his mother (we know he is in contact with at least one of them):
kimora_lee_simmons_and_her_mother_joanne_kyoko_perkins_mp1mN.jpg

If he considers himself mixed in the future, he wouldn't be lying. We can agree to disagree.
I'm talking about the laws of the land, and how the U.S.A. works with race, at least now or in the recent past. Also, his grandmother is adopted, and raised in the U.S.A, which means there is a strong chance he doesn't know his korean culture like that, meaning is he really mixed?. I'm glad you gave this example because, it makes you think is calling someone mixed the real term or not?. In this case he's not, since his whole culture is American/black American, and his features are black American. He's a black American, who happens to have a korean-american grandmother.

Race is more then your skin color, it is mainly your culture, and your class in this world. The ignorant just make it about color or certain looks.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I'm talking about the laws of the land, and how the U.S.A. works with race, at least now or in the recent past. Also,is grandmother is adopted, and raised in the U.S.A, which means he there is a strong chance he doesn't know his korean culture like that, meaning is he really mixed?. I'm glad you gave this example because, it makes you think is calling someone mixed the real term or not?. In this case he's not, since his whole culture is American/black American, and his features are black American. He's a black American, who happens to have a korean-american grandmother.

I already said we can agree to disagree because you AREN''T convincing and I'm NOT convincing you. He is black according to you and mixed raced according to me (and himself if that is what he chooses in the future). Also, you are conflating nationality, race, and culture.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already said we can agree to disagree because you AREN''T convincing and I'm NOT convincing you. He is black according to you and mixed raced according to me (and himself if that is what he chooses in the future). Also, you are conflating nationality, race, and culture.
We can agree to disagree because it really doesn't matter, ALL of the shyt we argue about is man made, meaning it is always changing so it is childish to get mad at each other or take it serious.

I'm not combining these things in my own mind, this is what race is truly about. Don't forget there was no such thing as race, until racist made them to divide man so he can rule over them, leaving white has the highest order. I'm just reacting to it, observing it, and calling it as it is, so I can protect myself as well as grow to be the best I can be. If I make the world into a place that it really isn't I will be exactly what racists wanted, someone to be ruled over. Life is a game, learn how to read between the lines so you can learn the rules written in fine print, and win the game, or at least stay in it so you won't get played, and not allowed to play the game.

Last edited:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know a mixed guy with a lightskin wife and their kids are darkskin.

tried to explain this in the aunt viv thread the other day people dont seem to know anything about genetics and have archaic ideas about the subject