Its Sad The Peer Pressure Young Black Boys Go Through

Daps
A single mom i know had a 2 boys and she your typical struggling mom who be on facebook, tried to have a man living in the house that wasnt the dad but no one stays too long, and basic ratchet online behaivor (but she not too too street)

No dad around but her boys were innocent as kids and liked to do school work and i used to tell them "stay in school and be the best u can be" and they made good grades. They had alot of potential.

Fast foward to now being 9th graders and these nikkas look like they in the MIGOS and taking them homo pics with other skinny jean wearin fake kid thugs holding up "gang signs" and their grades slippin real bad. I called this shyt 6 years ago but no one believed me. I dont know if its the kids in the neighborhood, lack of father, or the schooling buts its depressing.

This cycle is sad :mjcry:

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city
To be honest, its not a missing father thing, in more cases than some yea thats the reason, but Im going to go off myself for an example here for a minute, I was raised by working class carribeans, Father and step mother, mother lives back home.
My father owns his own, step mother owns her own, also a nurse practitioner and major in the military, they always preached the stay in school, stay away from company thing to me....

but in my junior high days to say sophmore year I would follow the knuckle head behavior, some of the dumbest shyt you can think of, and I came from a black middle class family, no real hood, projects or anything, the ignorant shyt was just cool in my eyes at the time..... honestly I dont care what anyone says but I feel our music has ALOT to do with it. On top of other things.

Daps
To be honest, its not a missing father thing, in more cases than some yea thats the reason, but Im going to go off myself for an example here for a minute, I was raised by working class carribeans, Father and step mother, mother lives back home.
My father owns his own, step mother owns her own, also a nurse practitioner and major in the military, they always preached the stay in school, stay away from company thing to me....

but in my junior high days to say sophmore year I would follow the knuckle head behavior, some of the dumbest shyt you can think of, and I came from a black middle class family, no real hood, projects or anything, the ignorant shyt was just cool in my eyes at the time..... honestly I dont care what anyone says but I feel our music has ALOT to do with it. On top of other things.
i agree fully

Good response

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is he wrong on that though?:jbhmm:

A deadbeat dad is gonna do right by other women?:ld:
When you don't know the details and facts of a story then you are wrong. If op posted a story along the lines of what @Matt504 replied I would've have even commented.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A single mom i know had a 2 boys and she your typical struggling mom who be on facebook, tried to have a man living in the house that wasnt the dad but no one stays too long, and basic ratchet online behaivor (but she not too too street)

No dad around but her boys were innocent as kids and liked to do school work and i used to tell them "stay in school and be the best u can be" and they made good grades. They had alot of potential.

Fast foward to now being 9th graders and these nikkas look like they in the MIGOS and taking them homo pics with other skinny jean wearin fake kid thugs holding up "gang signs" and their grades slippin real bad. I called this shyt 6 years ago but no one believed me. I dont know if its the kids in the neighborhood, lack of father, or the schooling buts its depressing.

This cycle is sad :mjcry:
Been saying it's time for a cultural shift. If these kids have no guidance and all their role models and people they look up to is rappers wtf you think is going to happen. The whole culture of embracing negativity has to die for even without parents around there would be hope still if the older men around em from the hood or celebrities pushed a similar stance in life.

Every other race has a community to stand on. That network of people working towards common goals is lacking. The spirit isn't there. Everyone is for self. These kids see people that look like em as expendable opposition. Can't keep jamming to that death murda kill while expecting change. Gonna have to give something up to get it.

Last edited: