It's over. EVO removes Smash Melee, and they mad.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Isn't there always some issue with the smash community at Evo?

Yeah...

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's with the Melee slander? Jesus christ. It's one of the greatest fighting games ever made.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tbh, i liked Melee but it's truly run it's course. Ultimate has all the characters and is a good game.

If you're STILL playing melee you need to go sit down somewhere. Game came out in 2001!!!​

I haven't played Ultimate yet. But unless Ultimate is better than Melee, then no it hasn't run its course. Melee is considered the best entry in the series that's why people still fukk with it.

bis0n

(Requires Trapping)
Daps
I haven't played Ultimate yet. But unless Ultimate is better than Melee, then no it hasn't run its course. Melee is considered the best entry in the series that's why people still fukk with it.

I have no comment about which is better, but one has to also consider accessibility when talking about competitive gaming. There are way more people who are being able to bring tech and shift the meta on Switch than they'll ever be on GameCube. My observation is that the Melee old-heads intentionally kill off the new iterations by not giving them their full attention so as to keep their entrenched positions.