**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Scarlet Witch has been a fukkin dud in the movies so far. Just not that compelling a character

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Get your fade right, you fukking wigger...lol

Wigger :sas1:

Take your remedial ass down to TLR, I'm verified 10x over. Ask @Diasporan Royalty or can we just move to your next deflection? :sas2:

Make a got damn fool outta yourself just because you're not as intelligent as you think you are. :mjgrin:

You already got checked on the Sentry & Scarlet Witch, you want to use up your last lifeline or you take your sensitive ass on to TSC where you can mask your idiocy? :troll:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm not really concerned about the content becoming "Disneyfied" like so many others seem to be, but I am pretty annoyed at the power increase Disney will have behind the scenes. They were already strong arming theaters for The Last Jedi, now they have even more market share. The mouse is gonna show up in meetings with the chains like "show my movies on half of your screens and give us 75% of the cut or you get nothing:birdman: " and the theaters ain't gon be able to say shyt:francis:

Ticket prices were gonna be fukked either way but Disney is surely going to make it happen sooner rather than later. And then my moviepass gonna be taken away:mjcry:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
no its not. congress just introduced a bill to save net neutrality:

Cosponsors - H.R.4585 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Save Net Neutrality Act of 2017

you guys are either agents or badly informed people passing up bad information that will just lead to people giving up on fighting for net neutrality.

instead of spreading this "net neutrality is dead" rhetoric, you could and should be contacting your house reps and telling them to support the bill highlighting that the FCC shouldn't set the precedent of doing whatever they want to do without oversight
Pardon my ignorance but whats net neutrality got to do with todays potential acquisition?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
do you see any of the og cast still being here 10 years down the line still building up, lets say a ''secret war'' story line ?? at some point a soft reboot or some time warp shyt will be needed cause these nikkas aint getting younger, im sure Evans aint staying for long no matter how successful it is. so titles will change and some faces will be moved around, a younger cast will be needed to sustain the universe

Breh they’ll be gone. Either dead or just off and done. Contracts man

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pardon my ignorance but whats net neutrality got to do with todays potential acquisition?

the discussion about net neutrality in this thread came about as an offshoot of the discussion behind the implications of the announcement of this acquisition. you see, its exciting to see a fully fleshed out MCU, but as a consumer this acquisition can and likely will have bad effects as society is heading full speed toward an oligarchy and/or monopoly.

With Disney owning so many intellectual properties and studios there will be less competition, which in turns leads to less choice and value proposition for the consumer, and chances are less variety in content. Fox, for all their troubles with the handling of some of these properties, still gave us rated R wolverine and deadpool movies. variety and risk are instrumental for the well being of any industry, and you as a consumer should want more competition between these companies and it leads to better products and value proposition for you.

anyway, i'm side stepping. the poster I originally quoted was highlighting how the rich keep getting richer and regular folks are gonna get left even further behind, and he used the recent FCC ruling towards net neutrality as a means of highlighting that, since internet and content dependent on it, will be locked behind multiple paywalls if net neutrality is eradicated. I merely stepped in to say that despite the FCC ruling net neutrality is not dead yet, and as consumers we shouldn't just drop arms. Courts can still deny the FCC ruling, and has i showed in my last post, congress has introduced a bill to save net neutrality so people should rally behind their house reps to support the bill and save net neutrality. Unless y'all wanna start selling organs in order to be able to afford using google.