**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Of course the merger is a terrible idea for everyone except blockbuster movie fans aka the general public

But the prospect is exciting

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
the talk of quality decreasing is a weak point imo. Rogue One is one of the best star wars movies (2nd behind empire strikes back imo) and force awakens was better than 1-3. Spider-man homecoming was a great start as well and probably better than any other spider-man movie.

the only problem is the market share Disney will have in entertainment. one company having that much power is never a good thing.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The only reason punisher exists is because Kevin feige and the film divisions did not want him. Same goes with any of the current people on the TV series. They get the scraps not wanted.

And I sure as fukk don't want to imagine Deadpool or old man Logan as TV series made by marvels current TV division. They are for the most awful and look extremely low budget.

If this happens wolverine will be in bright yellow and making smart ass corny quips in the next mcu film.

Show me the last r rated film disney film. I'll wait.

Because the TV division ain't getting their hands on x men that people care about.

Again, you're trying to compare apples and oranges yourself and grasping at things. I mean bringing up miramax as a defense,a company shut down for the exact reasons people are complaining about is :skip:

The TV and film divisions are different entities. It's not "splitting hairs" to point out facts.

Logan and Deadpool would have never been made by Disney.

Feige probably gave up the inhumans and the tv division probably thought it was a win knowing that eventually Disney was going to bring x men back home to marvel.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The only reason punisher exists is because Kevin feige and the film divisions did not want him. Same goes with any of the current people on the TV series. They get the scraps not wanted.

And I sure as fukk don't want to imagine Deadpool or old man Logan as TV series made by marvels current TV division. They are for the most awful and look extremely low budget.

If this happens wolverine will be in bright yellow and making smart ass corny quips in the next mcu film.

Show me the last r rated film disney film. I'll wait.

Because the TV division ain't getting their hands on x men that people care about.

Again, you're trying to compare apples and oranges yourself and grasping at things. I mean bringing up miramax as a defense,a company shut down for the exact reasons people are complaining about is :skip:

The TV and film divisions are different entities. It's not "splitting hairs" to point out facts.

Logan and Deadpool would have never been made by Disney.

Miramax was shut down by the CEO Bob Iger, who is eyeing retirement. So....again, I'm kinda confused how this is an issue. Prior to Bob Iger Disney had a damn near 20 year track record of releasing R rated content....is your whole argument hinged on him? I don't get it breh.

It's possible the next CEO will follow the same game plan....it's equally possible (and again, given the 20ish years prior to Iger, it seems more likely) that Disney will continue to do what it has done, before Iger....which is dabble in R rated content.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'd also like to point out Iger hasn't even extended his contract yet....as of right now he's out mid 2019. The sole reason he'd extend it, is to insure the Disney/Fox deal goes smoothly. That's it. Even then he'd have no long term say so on the deal....as he wants to retire ASAP.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Miramax was shut down by the CEO Bob Iger, who is eyeing retirement. So....again, I'm kinda confused how this is an issue. Prior to Bob Iger Disney had a damn near 20 year track record of releasing R rated content....is your whole argument hinged on him? I don't get it breh.

It's possible the next CEO will follow the same game plan....it's equally possible (and again, given the 20ish years prior to Iger, it seems more likely) that Disney will continue to do what it has done, before Iger....which is dabble in R rated content.

Fred.
You don't understand people judging a company by its actions that are current and relevant instead of grasping at things that happened 20 years ago?:francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You don't understand people judging a company by its actions that are current and relevant instead of grasping at things that happened 20 years ago?:francis:

You don't understand the guy that is making all the decisions you have a problem with won't matter in 2 years time?:gucci:

I mention Miramax....you say "but Bob Iger shut it down". Ok cool....he wants to retire. Prior to him, for close to 20 years, Disney had no problem with R rated content.

So I'm kinda confused what the problem is here. Your whole argument is hinged on a guy looking to exit Disney....why? I honestly don't get it.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You don't understand the guy that is making all the decisions you have a problem with won't matter in 2 years time?:gucci:

I mention Miramax....you say "but Bob Iger shut it down". Ok cool....he wants to retire. Prior to him, for close to 20 years, Disney had no problem with R rated content.

So I'm kinda confused what the problem is here. Your whole argument is hinged on a guy looking to exit Disney....why? I honestly don't get it.

Fred.
Your entire argument is based around a companies actions that happened 20+ years ago when the company was completely different and then assuming the current ceo will be gone and then assuming that the company will suddenly change directions from the current ones if he does leave that's made them the biggest movie studio currently.

I'd say I don't understand the logic you're using but you'd have to be using logic in the first place.

You're basically creating a narrative and changing how a company currently operates in your head to attempt to make a point.

I truly don't understand what you're trying to say.

What you're doing right now is the equivalent of let's say if activision bought another studio,and people being concerned about what they are going to do to the studio based on the company they are right now and you using some weak argument that the studio will probably be fine because 20 years ago activision released a bunch of small studios and hey maybe they'll suddenly ignore the fact they are now a completely different money making machine and revert back to how they used to be.

You really have no leg to stand on here.

You're grasping at straws and saying irrelevant nonsense instead of just examining the studio that Disney is right now. Like please show me proof of disney saying anything publicly about them changing direction and I'll concede.

So you not understanding what people's gripes and concerns are is just downright bizarre.

I would love to be wrong but like the saying goes,when someone tells you who they are you should believe them. Disney has told you what they are.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
the talk of quality decreasing is a weak point imo. Rogue One is one of the best star wars movies (2nd behind empire strikes back imo) and force awakens was better than 1-3. Spider-man homecoming was a great start as well and probably better than any other spider-man movie.

the only problem is the market share Disney will have in entertainment. one company having that much power is never a good thing.

Uhhhhhhhh

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently, ibtimes is saying that the deal is done. Haven't heard much from anyone else though. :lupe:

Sorry Deadpool Ryan Reynolds but X-Men's Wolverine and Avengers unite as Disney–Fox close acquisition deal
Sources have confirmed that Disney and Fox Studios have closed the acquisition deal. This means X-Men's Wolverine, Deadpool and Marvel Studio's Avengers will come under one roof.
By : Dishya Sharma

December 6, 2017 11:16 IST
1512539188_21st-century-fox-disney.jpg

20th Century Fox, Facebook
It is finally happening! Weeks after news broke out that Walt Disney Co. was in talks with Fox to acquire their entertainment segment, 20th Century Fox, it has been confirmed that the two studios have closed the deal and could likely make the acquisition announcement sometime next week.

According to a CNBC report, Disney and Fox have finalised Disney's purchase of numerous Fox assets, including 20th Century Fox movie studio. Which means Disney will officially own most of Marvel's cinematic characters namely the Avengers, X-Men and Deadpool, to name a few.

Also Read: Logan's Hugh Jackman could be back as Wolverine! But only if the Avengers agree!

It was earlier reported that Disney was not the only studio Fox was in talks with regarding the acquisition. Bloomberg had recently reported that Fox was also in talks with Comcast, CNBC's parent company, but the studio was inclined to Disney.

"21st Century Fox Inc., the global film and TV company controlled by the Murdoch family, would prefer to sell some assets to Walt Disney Co. because it's a better strategic fit and presents fewer regulatory hurdles, people familiar with the matter said," Bloomberg reported.

1512539188_robert-iger.jpg

Walt Disney Co CEO Robert IgerReuters
The acquisition news comes as good news for superhero fans. Many Marvel fans had expressed their wish of watching the X-Men universe and the current Marvel Cinematic Universe come together for some amazing collaborations.

1512539188_marvel.png

YouTube Screenshot
It is said that Disney had the same wish as fans. According to Wall Street Journal, one of the factors driving Disney in the deal was to regain the film rights to all of the Marvel Comics character, including the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

However, Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds might not be as happy as the fans. After news about the acquisition, the actor had expressed his concern over the R-rated content treatment if Deadpool comes under the Disney banner, which is inclined to PG-13.

He had tweeted in early November, "If this is true, I wonder how the fudge it would affect Deadpool?" We'll wait and see if Disney changes the hit formula adopted by the R-rated movie or let the cash roll in allowing Deadpool be as it is.

CNBC also reports that the estimated value of the deal is $60 billion. This doesn't include Fox's sports and news assets.

1512539188_deadpool-2.png

Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 2Ryan Reynolds, Instagram
If the Disney acquisition confirms soon, the studio will have an extremely busy 2018. Fox had already lined three X-Men movie releases for the upcoming year – New Mutants scheduled to release in April, followed by Deadpool 2 in June and X-Men: Dark Phoenix before the year ends.

1512539188_avengers-infinity-war.jpg

The cast and co-director of Avengers: Infinity War at Disney's D23Jesse Grant/Getty Images for Disney
Marvel Studios also has two major movies lined up for the coming year – Black Panther in February followed by Avengers: Infinity War in May. If Disney takes over Fox, it will become one of the biggest banners in the industry. The studio already announced $5 billion box office collections this year so it is not hard to imagine how much revenue it will make through superhero movies alone next year.

Related
Link: Sorry Deadpool Ryan Reynolds but X-Men's Wolverine and Avengers unite as Disney–Fox close acquisition deal

EDIT: aintitcool is saying the same thing. They're kind of a lowkey site though. It it happening brehs?

Link: The dream is real: FOX and DISNEY have come to terms! X-Men/FF, assemble!

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL