hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll say it for the 100th time.

Start small.

Put Storm in BP2.

That's.....not really small though. Storm was in the 2000 movie....she's in "Dark Phoenix", which comes out this year.

Not saying she's as played out as Wolverine but none of the core X-Men are "starting small". We've seen these characters for damn near 20 years, which is why I said go with X-Factor or X-Force. Or Excalibur. The New Mutants would be another good example if it wasn't already a movie.

Or hell, they could even do Team X which features some minor character we've already seen (Maverick, etc.) but also allows them to introduce villains they've never used before, like Omega Red.

They could also introduce the Shi'ar Empire in a Guardians Of The Galaxy movie....which again, gives them a not so obvious route to introduce the X-Men.

Fred.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I don't know if they will dabble in R rated flicks or not but this is definitely good for comic fans, more comic movies. However, I think it's far less appealing when you start thinking about the other types of movies FOX produced over the years that probably will not be made.. :patrice:

Had the X-Men/FF film rights not been up for grabs then a lot less posters would be gushing about this deal.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Had the X-Men/FF film rights not been up for grabs then a lot less posters would be gushing about this deal.

Not really sure what you mean by this.

Of course people would be a lot less excited....the sole reason Marvel went with The Avengers as opposed to it's more popular teams is it didn't own the cinematic rights. X-Men/FF are the reason to be excited.

Fred.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

Of course people would be a lot less excited....the sole reason Marvel went with The Avengers as opposed to it's more popular teams is it didn't own the cinematic rights. X-Men/FF are the reason to be excited.

Fred.

I think he's saying people would've been more critical of Disney's monopolistic actions if they weren't hyped about the X-Men/FF rights.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Fred.

I love comic book movies as much as the next person but the reason I'm not excited is because I didn't want FOX to go away as a movie studio.. it's better to have more studios and more ideas floating around and more types of movies being made. Even if Disney continues to make some of the real people, real life, dramatic type movies that FOX was making it's still only going to be green lit by the same heads at Disney so it's less people who are having their ideas heard and looked at.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I don't know if they will dabble in R rated flicks or not but this is definitely good for comic fans, more comic movies. However, I think it's far less appealing when you start thinking about the other types of movies FOX produced over the years that probably will not be made.. :patrice:

Like Hidden Figures, Revenant, Gone Girl, Kingsman, just to name a few

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think he's saying people would've been more critical of Disney's monopolistic actions if they weren't hyped about the X-Men/FF rights.

I love comic book movies as much as the next person but the reason I'm not excited is because I didn't want FOX to go away as a movie studio.. it's better to have more studios and more ideas floating around and more types of movies being made. Even if Disney continues to make some of the real people, real life, dramatic type movies that FOX was making it's still only going to be green lit by the same heads at Disney so it's less people who are having their ideas heard and looked at.

Like Hidden Figures, Revenant, Gone Girl, Kingsman, just to name a few

Fair points. :manny:

But for 17 years Disney had an entire studio under them before (Miramax) specifically to produce films that didn't "fit" the Disney brand. So I wouldn't assume all is lost just yet.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Fair points. :manny:

But for 17 years Disney had an entire studio under them before (Miramax) specifically to produce films that didn't "fit" the Disney brand. So I wouldn't assume all is lost just yet.

Fred.

True but they got out of that. While Universal, FOX, WB and other smaller studios continued to produce those types of films Disney has only been producing in-house animated joints, live remakes, live action based on children's stories, Marvel, PIXAR and LucasArts. They haven't delved into different genres in a minute.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

Low key they haven't greenlit a non-fantasy/sci-fi film in like 5 years though. I think the last one was Queen of Katwe.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
True but they got out of that. While Universal, FOX, WB and other smaller studios continued to produce those types of films Disney has only been producing in-house animated joints, live remakes, live action based on children's stories, Marvel, PIXAR and LucasArts. They haven't delved into different genres in a minute.

I get your point but PIXAR and Marvel specifically print money. Star Wars took a hit with "Solo" but that franchise will never not make money.

So they haven't had much incentive to branch out. Hopefully the Fox acquisition makes them broaden their horizons. I don't see them acquiring all the franchises under the Fox umbrella, and then not using them.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Na.... I disagree with the whole “they need to wait on X-men/FF movies” logic.

Like I ain’t saying they should drop next year and hell they already have like 5 or 6 rumored things in the mix so no way in hell would that even be possible.

But within the next 5 years would be straight.

Not sure how old some of y’all are, but some of us in our 30s...... ain’t n one trynna wait till we like late 40s or 50s to finally see a decent X-men/FF movie.:what:

I would say this.... to with F4 first, just to get them out there and maybe bring in DOOM, then bring in a The Xmen in the next 3-5 years

I would love to see a Secret Wars movie but we so far way off that:whoo:

Martha.