**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Dark Phoenix is coming out for sure, but I honestly don't see New Mutants getting an official rollout. that shyt will either be put out on for streaming/DTV or shelved. I honestly doubt the big reshoots happening for it either.

kinda sucks cause I honestly want to see it but :yeshrug:
It's business as usual for Fox until the deal gets through. It probably won't go through until 2Q 2019. It's in Fox's best interests to either release it, or put it on Netflix. Either way, they MUST recoup as much as possible. They have shareholders, and shelving a big budget film is a no-no.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Lowkey the gaming industry helped set the stage for all of this years ago. Charging people 9.99 for xbox Live memberships, 9.99 for playstation plus, charging season passes for any game worth a damn + micro-transactions...

Now we're seeing the carry-over to television. 2 weeks ago ESPN pretty much forced people to download/purchase their $5/month app in order to watch that Terrence Crawford boxing fight.. had ppl who already pay for cable furious bc they were like "why i gotta pay for this espn app when i already pay for all these espn channels?!" I was like damn homie, they doubling down on your wallet like that? :wow:

Outside of NBA, I don't watch tv and dropped cable 2+ years ago, and i don't do any of those game memberships. Yet it's been clear what's been happening across all entertainment.

10.99/month netflix
9.99/month for music service like spotify or tidal
9.99/month for game membership like xbox or ps4

12.99/month amazon
9.99/month youtube premium
7.99/month hulu

4.99/month espn app
x.99/month dc comics streaming app
x.99/month for disney/marvel app

14.99/month HBO Now streaming
11.99/month Showtime streaming

+ xx.99/month whatever you pay your internet provider
+ xx.99/month whatever you pay your cable provider

+however many other companies/industries are trying to get in on this

That xx.99/month hustle :whew:

All u need is Netflix/music streaming of your choice

Anything not on Netflix gets torrented :demonic:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Seemed like the fairly obvious outcome given the fact that Rupert Murdoch immediately met with Disney and raved about how great the merger would be directly after they put in that bigger bid.

I don't recall Fox doing that with Comcast even when they had the upper hand. :manny:

Fred.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
That's what the word was a while back when Disney first announced it. Unless they change their strategy, they basically wanted to start out with a price that undercut the competition to get massive subscriber growth early then raise the price to whatever it is they really want to charge once they have people hooked.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Lowkey the gaming industry helped set the stage for all of this years ago. Charging people 9.99 for xbox Live memberships, 9.99 for playstation plus, charging season passes for any game worth a damn + micro-transactions...

Now we're seeing the carry-over to television. 2 weeks ago ESPN pretty much forced people to download/purchase their $5/month app in order to watch that Terrence Crawford boxing fight.. had ppl who already pay for cable furious bc they were like "why i gotta pay for this espn app when i already pay for all these espn channels?!" I was like damn homie, they doubling down on your wallet like that? :wow:

Outside of NBA, I don't watch tv and dropped cable 2+ years ago, and i don't do any of those game memberships. Yet it's been clear what's been happening across all entertainment.

10.99/month netflix
9.99/month for music service like spotify or tidal
9.99/month for game membership like xbox or ps4

12.99/month amazon
9.99/month youtube premium
7.99/month hulu

4.99/month espn app
x.99/month dc comics streaming app
x.99/month for disney/marvel app

14.99/month HBO Now streaming
11.99/month Showtime streaming

+ xx.99/month whatever you pay your internet provider
+ xx.99/month whatever you pay your cable provider

+however many other companies/industries are trying to get in on this

That xx.99/month hustle :whew:
If you staying subscribed to more than 3 streaming video services year round then you are stupid. Hell, even 3 is stupid in my opinion unless you just got Amazon Prime for the non-video benefits and do all your video watching on Netflix and Hulu. Ain't none of the others putting out enough content to justify keeping it year round.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Someone that hates Disney and every chance they get loves to take shots is somewhere silently mad today.

23SAwE8.png
23SAwE8.png
23SAwE8.png
23SAwE8.png
23SAwE8.png
23SAwE8.png
23SAwE8.png

Only one thing can be said......

I hope they remember you

Martha

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Now give up Namor :camby:
the fukk is the point of (i forget which studio) holding on to this character now except for spite? every Marvel character is under the MCU except this random dude. you could do the Spidey deal and rake... or you can be terrible and just keep him on the shelf... or even worse, start a Namor cinematic universe

better believe if Aquaman is huge, Namor will be fasttracked

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
the fukk is the point of (i forget which studio) holding on to this character now except for spite? every Marvel character is under the MCU except this random dude. you could do the Spidey deal and rake... or you can be terrible and just keep him on the shelf... or even worse, start a Namor cinematic universe

better believe if Aquaman is huge, Namor will be fasttracked

Universal aka Comcast :francis:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What's Trump got to do with this?! :mjlol:
Isn't the deal approved or not by the judicial system?

Only people cheering this are MCU stans. FOX for all of its flaws took risks. Disney is about to neuter that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Only people cheering this are MCU stans. FOX for all of its flaws took risks. Disney is about to neuter that.
OK, but you just changed the subject we were talking about something else. lol
And no one is 'cheering' this. I would rather no merger happen at all. But since this is out of our control people are looking forward to the MCU silver lining.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Universal aka Comcast :francis:
then fukk em. Marvel could retrofit some old shytty comic character and make him Waterman and that shyt would clear half a bil without trying. Then some dorks can cry about how they ruined their childhood hero dikkbag McGee who had a small comic run in 1985 and was instantly forgotton about.