**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Judge Rules AT&T Can Acquire Time Warner

WASHINGTON—A federal judge ruled Tuesday that AT&T Inc. can proceed with its planned acquisition of Time Warner Inc., rejecting the Justice Department’s allegations that the deal would suppress competition in the pay-TV industry.

Well that's interesting

Comcast preparing to announce bid for Fox on Wednesday if AT&T-Time Warner is approved, sources say

• Comcast will formalize its all-cash bid for Fox's assets on Wednesday if AT&T's bid for Time Warner is approved, sources say.
  • Comcast executives think Disney's stock will fall if AT&T's acquisition of Time Warner is approved because Disney will have to prepare for a bidding war.
  • Comcast has already acknowledged it is in the advanced stages of preparing an all-cash rival bid.
All very interesting

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Huge loss for the American people. We don't need more media consolidation. Costs will get passed onto the consumer. Also, in M&A layoffs will happen across the board. As someone who was part of an AT&T merger, it was a very chaotic time with rounds of layoffs happening across the country due to overlap and cost cutting. When people who are Never Trump cheer this decision, these are the consequences they do not think about.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Huge loss for the American people. We don't need more media consolidation. Costs will get passed onto the consumer. Also, in M&A layoffs will happen across the board. As someone who was part of an AT&T merger, it was a very chaotic time with rounds of layoffs happening across the country due to overlap and cost cutting. When people who are Never Trump cheer this decision, these are the consequences they do not think about.

Yeah none of this shyt is good. Like not a single piece of it. Like I told @Dominic Brehetto were a few years away from the world of blade runner with nothing but media corporations ruling our lives. Less choice is never a good thing

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Disney gonna fukk around and double the offer
Disney is offering a nice chunk of stock but Comcast is offering a shyt load of straight up cash. I don't think Disney would be willing to give up more stock to beat Comcast's offer.
Comcast getting Fox would mean it becomes sole owner of Hulu which gives it a straight up competitor to Netflix and thanks to Net Neutrality being killed Comcast can then start fukking over Netflix customers by making Hulu's streaming top flight and Netflix streaming a pile of slow moving buffering shyt. Comcast has wanted to destroy Netflix for a while now and beating Disney in this deal puts them in the position to start moving on them aggressively.

I think we should all prepare for the nerd tears when the dreams of the X-Men and FF characters being part of the MCU go up in smoke because I think Comcast is winning this fight.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Disney is offering a nice chunk of stock but Comcast is offering a shyt load of straight up cash. I don't think Disney would be willing to give up more stock to beat Comcast's offer.
Comcast getting Fox would mean it becomes sole owner of Hulu which gives it a straight up competitor to Netflix and thanks to Net Neutrality being killed Comcast can then start fukking over Netflix customers by making Hulu's streaming top flight and Netflix streaming a pile of slow moving buffering shyt. Comcast has wanted to destroy Netflix for a while now and beating Disney in this deal puts them in the position to start moving on them aggressively.

I think we should all prepare for the nerd tears when the dreams of the X-Men and FF characters being part of the MCU go up in smoke because I think Comcast is winning this fight.

Straight cat homie is always king. But that point you made about Hulu and Netflix is probably all true:francis:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Well cotdamn, that's grim. And I dont mean the comic book stuff.

The pettiness of your internet providers buffering the specific sites and services that they dont fukk with :francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well cotdamn, that's grim. And I dont mean the comic book stuff.

The pettiness of your internet providers buffering the specific sites and services that they dont fukk with :francis:

The problem with deregulation and something like the end of net neutrality, is corporations get to pick winners and losers. So if you have Comcast internet, they could slow it down for you when you use Netflix but speed it up when you switch to Hulu that way it funnels everything back to them.